Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lastdancer posted:

Post more emojis I love emojis!

(●´ω`●)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )
(´・ω・`)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
(〃ω〃)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
(´・ω・`)

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Haha what the gently caress is this post

Nintendos are the video game systems for little kids, duh.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 22, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
[Two emojis in a three-line post]

"GET ME A ROSETTA STONE FOR THIS poo poo."

Ha, I didn't know this one existed.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 22, 2021

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Hell yeah.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I’m curious if someone an give me a general sense of how much of Dread remains (no specifics, please)

I most recently got the screw attack. I have found two upgrades for what I assume are power bombs, but I can’t use them yet. There aren’t many ??? obstacles on the map anymore. All I can think of are power bomb blocks (I think!) and purple door shields.

Going into this game completely blind was a great move.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The "umibozu" theory.

That whole "thousands of years after a nuclear armageddon" stuff usually kind of puts a chill down my spine, but the "Japanese water demon that possibly takes many forms and causes your ship to crash" is :stare:

And also, I guess I didn't actually beat Pikmin 2, because hoooooly poo poo Louie :wtc:

The umibozu theory is cool, I'm looking forward to seeing if/how they expand on it whenever there's a Pikmin 4. :hai:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You're pretty much near the end now that you have that upgrade.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

xedo posted:

The umibozu theory is cool, I'm looking forward to seeing if/how they expand on it whenever there's a Pikmin 4. :hai:

gently caress I hope Pikmin 4 comes out soon.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d be interested to see how Pikmin 3 deluxe sold

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Booky posted:

emojis are win :)

this

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 22, 2021

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You are much better at maintaining this thread than I was.

And it outrages me.

You've Salieri'd me!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't click on any of the stupid update things. Mostly because it's dumb but also because I hate the weird font thing you use to format them. Bye.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hatty posted:

I’d be interested to see how Pikmin 3 deluxe sold

I believe it’s the highest selling Pikmin game, which sounds alright until you consider that the first three games in the series all came out on less-than-successful consoles. I honestly think that the Pikmin game that Niantic just put out on phones is gonna be the actual determinant for whether we get more Pikmin. It’s one of those things that clearly has its fans at Nintendo (up to and including Miyamoto since the first one was his baby) but has not found it’s market yet, even though pretty much everything Pikmin is at worst interesting and at best outstanding, including the phone game and the animated shorts.

The other issue is that Pikmin as a concept is really built to utilize processing power of a console and that’s just not what Nintendo is about these days. 2 and 3 are some of the best-looking games of their respective consoles and no Nintendo franchise would benefit more from 4K than it. If they made 3 look that good on Wii U tech, imagine what they’d do with something as powerful as even a PS4 Pro.

Oh my god imagine a fully open-world Pikmin. I know you’d have to really adjust the day-timer stuff but you could almost pull a reverse Pikmin 2, with an overworld where you have unlimited time and puzzles that require elaborate solutions, and caves you spelunk into that have set time limits because of oxygen that you have to clear of resources as quickly as possible ala the mission mode in 3. I also think it’s RTS-adjacent roots would really lend itself to resource gathering for crafting and base-building, even though both of those things are sort of passé now. You might even be able to build that within the Pikmin 3 engine if they wanted something that could be made for the Switch.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I only clocked about 120 hours this year, with SMTV being the most played. I mostly focused on the PS5 this year since I didn't have a PS4 for most of the generation. I think Metroid was like the first game this year i spent any significant amount of time on with my switch.

Read After Burning posted:

:allears: I love Dutches!

In return, here's my old man, Ezio! He turned ten last month and he's still his usual self; fingers crossed for several more years. I was fresh out of high school when we got him, and obsessed with Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood. Plus I thought "Eagle" was a darkly-hilarious name for a bun.

(He has all four feet, he's just posing weird.)

Thank you, I am always glad to see more high quality rabbit content.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

I don't click on any of the stupid update things. Mostly because it's dumb but also because I hate the weird font thing you use to format them. Bye.

I like the brackets in Wild Arms but that’s it

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Star Ocean 2 had those! I think they're Japanese quotation marks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No Sports Story :(

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

NONE of those were emojis.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ive closely read 5000 pages of peter jordnan discourse and my conclusion is: Sea of SARS.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

sailormoon posted:

Is Tales of Vesperia good in 2021? I see it’s on sale and debating on buying it.

I put about 120 hours into it and loved the hell out of it. I have no idea what the story is. It's very much a 10+ year old jrpg so take that as you will. Combat is interesting and you can either engage with it deeply or just mash button, but there is a lot of replay value with new game + and a lot of little stories in side quests that you may need a guide to not miss.

If you like jrpgs and know how tales games are, it's worth at least $12.50. Main story is about 50 hours I'd say, and the worst part are the two kids in the party.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

b_d posted:

ive closely read 5000 pages of peter jordnan discourse and my conclusion is: Sea of SARS.

Your room must be so clean and your brain addled with horse tranquilliser

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I just wanna know what are the odds of whatever's next being backwards compatible

I want only uncle Nintendo answers

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

bowmore posted:

No Sports Story :(

Sad sports world

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Found my first great complaint for Paper Mario: the Lava Piranha battle chugged and ran like absolute dog poo poo, I beat it by the skin of my teeth because it was so hard to land action commands

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

lunar detritus posted:

Honestly I think The Messenger quoting Jordan Peterson is a lesser sin than turning into a bad metroidvania half way through with no warning whatsoever.

yeah that was a puzzling decision that didn't really add anything to the gameplay. it was definitely at its best as a linear platformer. the dlc was really good bc it seems like they figured that out.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Then again, the entire final sequence is basically Super Meat Boy, only more frustrating and less fun, so one step forward one step back I guess.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

mandatory lesbian posted:

Use words instead of the lame emojis, is all i ask
:rolleyes:

I propose we all start posting in emoji rebuses.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
:sexarse:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

b_d posted:

NONE of those were emojis.

drat, youre right. I love emojis, sorry for using the wrong word

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I put dread down for a bit and I’m incredibly confused now.

I just started seeing the X parasites and left the zone and now I’m lost

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

MachuPikacchu posted:

Then again, the entire final sequence is basically Super Meat Boy, only more frustrating and less fun, so one step forward one step back I guess.

it was difficult but it was drat good.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I absolutely hated The Messenger. The platforming is fine at best and the writing is so bad it actually sabotages the game - having no dialogue at all would improve it substantially.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

:rolleyes:

I propose we all start posting in emoji rebuses.

:imunfunny:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked the first half but didn't like the second half full of item hunts and backtracking to get to more levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'm a loving weirdo and totally can't hang with Pikmin.

Get rid of the timer and it's a great awesome game. But with the timer it's just too stressful. It does not make sense for me to be this way.