Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Willo567 posted:

Has there ever been an artist who shat on their audience for not viewing their work in the same lens as them?

i mean post modernism was specifically a 'audience' revolution against authors intent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Heran Bago posted:

I recently saw Neon Genesis for the first time. The series with minor additions and End of movie as on Netflix.

Now I'm ready to read some articles or watch YouTube videos disecting and explaining the last 2 episodes + movie. Or anything really that I should see. Please recommend.

read catfish tuxedo's posts in the nge thread, they're good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vizuyos posted:

why the gently caress do you think this is compelling information that we all need to know

Why are you having a psychotic break?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Vizuyos posted:

why the gently caress do you think this is compelling information that we all need to know

why the gently caress do you think your post is any better

why the gently caress do you think your post was worth posting at all

why the gently caress do ANY OF US think ANY of our posts in this thread are compelling information that anyone else needs to know

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

as for me, this pekora/bae collab is powerful stuff.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope they become good friends

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

homeless snail posted:

wat the gently caress compelled you to post this without posting a link so that everyone can enjoy this wholesome collab of a rabbit bullying a rat

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
HoloRodents may not be a far off dream after all :)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Julias you clearly resent the vtube thread shutting, just re open the containment zone. I can't speak speak anyone else but I have seen the error of my ways for infringing on people's freedom to be Sick Fucks.

Please, let it be a Christmas miracle.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

as always, jerkface is here to show us the point at which vtuber posting becomes bad. i can't even describe where the line gets crossed but every time, baby

maybe it's the word 'wholesome'. maybe i'm just tired of that word

anyway, youtube has a search function, you can figure it out

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

CHECKMATE

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the vtuber thread will be posted january 1st
but if it sucks I will also close it january 1st

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

the vtuber thread will be posted january 1st
but if it sucks I will also close it january 1st

Make the OP and close it immediately

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Patware posted:

as always, jerkface is here to show us the point at which vtuber posting becomes bad. i can't even describe where the line gets crossed but every time, baby

maybe it's the word 'wholesome'. maybe i'm just tired of that word

anyway, youtube has a search function, you can figure it out

personally it's a word that generally sets off several alarms for me

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Make the OP and close it immediately

Don't spoil the joke, Snail's put a lot of work into the setup.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

not a fan of vtubers who do the really exaggerated cutesy anime girl voice. then again i assume they’re doing it so people can’t identify them irl/their management make em do it to match the character or whatever

Heck a raspy/middle aged woman/manly mismatched voice coming out of a magical anime girl pic would be funnier

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Korone is, a funny dog

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it is also, it turns out, insanely bad for you to effect a character voice all day every day and half of hololive has had doctors telling them to stop doing that

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

not a fan of vtubers who do the really exaggerated cutesy anime girl voice. then again i assume they’re doing it so people can’t identify them irl/their management make em do it to match the character or whatever

Heck a raspy/middle aged woman/manly mismatched voice coming out of a magical anime girl pic would be funnier

Allow me to introduce you to Calliope "Dad" Mori.
Please give the song 20 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3xh8gs24c

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
me to everyone posting about vtubers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah im excited about them getting permissions for halo infinite also

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Let the record show i have never watched a vtuber stream, all i know about them is from snippets slash outtakes on twitter and what youtube suggests to me.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i sometimes watch and enjoy vtubers. however, it would be good, if there was a dedicated space for posting vtubers instead of having it awkwardly mixed into the middle of a general chat thread

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can you hear the peoples voices, julias

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

posting is worryingly serious

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

me to everyone posting about vtubers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

when the dokidoki of your heart matches the dondon of the drums, there is a thread about to start when *checks watch* 16 days comes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

make me the thread ik

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

1. 'snail is my friend'

oh so snail hates me...... :smith:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

dogsicle posted:

they used the word explain so obviously it means they are of the stupid masses who create the market for Vox, X ENDING EXPLAINED, etc content to exist

Fair. I think "analysis" might be more what I was looking for.

I watched a video by Folding Ideas that looked at both endings under a few different lenses and it was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Sorry to ruffle any feathers. Hope you guys have fun with EW, I'm still in post-HW content.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

oh so snail hates me...... :smith:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
comatose ->three seconds flat-> bitch

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Aurora posted:

make me the thread ik

you can have the job if you want

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Patware posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLRv0b6wJlA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

comatose ->three seconds flat-> bitch

why are you posting my manifesto

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

you can have the job if you want

ya sure

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://files.catbox.moe/xvus6h.mp4

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

neko mimi mode but with dere dere instead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

these days the exaggerated cutesy girl voice is getting rarer and rarer. most of holo eng gen 2 sound extremely natural and i rarely hear it from jp vtubers anyway. feel like it was an affectation that they did more out of thinking it was needed than it actually being needed.

i like how selen sounds like shes drunk and plays apex 200 times a day. i will not post in a vtuber thread if one is made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

also hironou who has the best version of rainbow from aria plays it with a loop station and wawa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R7VHDZoJDA