Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Those fleece shirts are weirdly appealing. But that price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
The man was a loving pig, whose big thing was telling a poor mother not to let her physicians give her son asprin. Not because he knew it was an anticoagulant, but because he was of the "heal with hands" school of quackery. This gave him quasi authority to be a sick bastard to any unfortunate woman he found alone, or even in limited company.

The story of his death is pure metal tho.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I'll watch anything the Swiss Army Mans make

The Death of Dick Long is also incredible but it's better if you go into it knowing nothing.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Phoix posted:

The Death of Dick Long.

Alternate title for the Rasputin movie

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
drat rasputin is canceled?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BiggestBatman posted:

drat rasputin is canceled?

:Man drops rolled-up carpet off bridge and leans nonchalantly on the ledge:

“With extreme prejudice.”

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I don't know why I haven't seen anyone else excited to see Ke Huy Quan in that trailer. His voice still sounds the same!

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9CBMYSyVQ

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

My kid enjoyed these books, but they weren't her favorites. They get weirder and weirder as they go on. I remember some of the plot twists they're tearing on the trailer from the first book.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

LifeLynx posted:

My kid enjoyed these books, but they weren't her favorites. They get weirder and weirder as they go on. I remember some of the plot twists they're tearing on the trailer from the first book.

I hope the storytelling is good because they’ve got a great look going. I give Spiderverse a lot of the credit for the trend, but I love the smart incorporation of 2d aesthetics in 3d films. When it works, it really works.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I still need to see the Hammer Rasputin movie with Christopher Lee, been on my watchlist forever

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

clown shoes posted:

I had no idea they had recast Depp with Mads and now I kinda wanna see it even though the last one was terrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9dr2zw-TXQ

Wand fighting looks so loving stupid and lame, lol.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Bullock Tatum Radcliffe
The Lost City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awHyqJv3WKE

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Is Radcliffe 4ft tall?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

This actually looks really fun. I was just lamenting the lack of good 'spoof' movies as naked gun/hot shots/austin powers/spy hard/space balls were some of my favorite movies growing up and this has very strong spoof energy while not necessarily being a spoof.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Collateral posted:

Is Radcliffe 4ft tall?

He's definitely a short king.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Looks like a more self aware Romancing the Stone. But looks pretty fun.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Yeah, looks like a fun adventure movie/rom-com. Wished the trailer didn't spoil the Brad Pitt cameo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That looks really fun. The bummer is that Tatum doesn't have the wig on for the entire movie.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Vincent posted:

Yeah, looks like a fun adventure movie/rom-com. Wished the trailer didn't spoil the Brad Pitt cameo.

Yeah, looks pretty clear that it's just a cameo. He busts Bullock and Tatum out of where she's initially being held, and then is mysteriously absent through all the other hijinks the two of them are up to. I imagine he shows up for this scene, is hyper-competent and attractive, and then gets killed really quickly/amusingly, leaving the others to bumble through the rest of the movie.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Apple TV+ has kinda been on a roll lately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqlZkvbNVg

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah, I'll watch it for John Turturro

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

very philip k dick setup

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble seeing what y'all are going nuts about in the Everything Everywhere All at Once trailer. It looks like Jet Li's The One meets Dr. Strange. Neither of those are a complimentary comparison in my book.

Loved both of those movies.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

It’s a movie about a working class immigrant family and a woman with an extremely active fantasy life. Dr. Strange is a movie about a rich dickhead saying catchphrases
Dr. Strange goes dead broke trying to fix his hands. :colbert:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jerkface posted:

This actually looks really fun. I was just lamenting the lack of good 'spoof' movies as naked gun/hot shots/austin powers/spy hard/space balls were some of my favorite movies growing up and this has very strong spoof energy while not necessarily being a spoof.

Did somebody say “spoof”?

https://youtu.be/vik0kdPIxF8

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I love the ego of having those TATUM. BULLOCK. RADCLIFFE last names out. I guess most Americans find them identifiable immediately but i was just like ????? for about two minutes.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I love the ego of having those TATUM. BULLOCK. RADCLIFFE last names out. I guess most Americans find them identifiable immediately but i was just like ????? for about two minutes.

yeah uh im pretty sure the American movie going audience knows who Sandra Bullock and Daniel Radcliffe are. Radcliffe in a small indie fantasy Netflix series called Harey Poter. Tatum is arguable but was a Big Deal like 5 years ago

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm happy to see Channing Tatum doing more himbo comedy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

much like jungle book up there, i feel like this is skirting the spoof line by not leaning all the way into it. Looks good though!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I know from context that it's Sandra Bullock obviously but I can't help also think

GORDON. BULLOCK. MONTOYA.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ammanas posted:

yeah uh im pretty sure the American movie going audience...
Oh i'm not doubting that for most people; just kinda tickled me esp with how low/momentarily unrecognizable a currency their last names are for me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think part of it is that marketing teams always over-value their stars like they're some kind of icon. Mayyyyybe Sandra Bullock. The other two are not worthy of a last name basis.

My companies have been guilty of this. Right now I'm at Starz and we treat 50 Cent like he's Denzel Washington.

I have been involved in campaigns with moderately successful actors and actresses and now we have a show with Julia Roberts and then you realize oh okay this one is actually a STAR star.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I like Bullock on the whole, it just feels like she's often been cast against type.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
She always just felt like That 👱‍♂️👱‍♀️ poo poo Ain't For Me which was only finalized for me with The Blind Side but i thought she was ok in uhhhh
Ummm
Well

I liked Speed

and Gravity was cool (but certainly not because of her or Clooney)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

She always just felt like That 👱‍♂️👱‍♀️ poo poo Ain't For Me which was only finalized for me with The Blind Side but i thought she was ok in uhhhh
Ummm
Well

I liked Speed

and Gravity was cool (but certainly not because of her or Clooney)

Demolition Man for sure.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Still need to catch that. And rewatch Speed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Listen to you all acting like you're too good for Miss Congeniality

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Still need to catch that. And rewatch Speed.

It's one of the more entertaining action films of the 90s, rather tongue in cheek. Still can't quite equal the stuff made in mid-to-late 80s.

Total Recall was the definitive end of an era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
Bullock is the only one who was a honest to God star at any point. People know his face as Harry Potter but beyond movie people and potter nerds i honestly doubt many know him by name.

Someone could write a book on tater's career