Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I beat 47 games this year, with a goal of 52... theres still time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
dont just pad out your list with fromsoft games

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
[speedrunner voice] oh I beat 46533732 games this year

oooh different games

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I keep playing 300 hour long games

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dungeon keeper 2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my goal is just to finish metroid dread by the end of the year at this point. might also get through legend of zelda on the NES project.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

my goal is just to finish metroid dread by the end of the year at this point. might also get through legend of zelda on the NES project.

you gonna do second quest too?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

you gonna do second quest too?

absolutely. i only have until friday and then i have to put the NES thing on hiatus until the new year, so i might not finish until 2022.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i was planning to finish metroid dread as well to bring my games beaten total to a triumphant 1. but i keep doing other stuff instead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
since the fourth I've completed 15 aoe2 campaigns + what was left of the historical battles and gotten 30 achievements, most of which are rare and the lowest which is .7% got rate. when Im drifting off to sleep im having trouble placing buildings

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pokemon LeafGreen (Nuzlocke Run)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SMT Strange Journey Redux, expert, law+bonus ending

Wild game. ended up fusing shiva and getting seraph and beat the final boss' rear end. the bonus boss was even tougher but considerably less unfair.

going to immediately start ng+ to see the bonus content. definitely the most powerless ive felt as a main character through 1/2/3/4. the skill inheritance system seems so simple compared to 3/4 (no evolution, no skills on level up, no skills passed to mc) but the source system allows some cool chaining of skills. if you're a cheaty cheater you can use the password system to make impossible demons. i don't know what it's real use is, other than the cool promo demons Atlus released (not cheating imo)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Plebian Parasite posted:

good poo poo bro, should've ran that rear end clean though. at least there's always my good pal iateyourpie running ironMON all month, only on twitch.tv.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The difference between me doing it 'clean' and me doing it this way was like 4-5 hours of grinding in Victory road, I figured it'd be funnier if I just went childhood-mode and beat them all with a single pokemon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the difference between Nuzlocke and Clean rear end.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

What's the difference between Nuzlocke and Clean rear end.

If you ever tried a clean rear end you'd know.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My nuzlocke tastes like Pepsi cola

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

Congrats, feels good to work through this list

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's a fun project, but it's getting to the point where I'm continually adding so much to my list that I'm making negative progress lol. Still feels good to clear a game.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

It's a fun project, but it's getting to the point where I'm continually adding so much to my list that I'm making negative progress lol. Still feels good to clear a game.

I'm nearly at 1300

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut. Strong-fat Racist Homosexual Underground playthrough.

Spent the whole game calling Kim a little binoclard monkey but all it really did was give -1 to some rolls that I had the skills to pass. I thought there would be a flag for it in the ending convo but he just said despite the racism, I was a drat fine detective.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Racist cop is such a huge bummer. The only reload I did was when failing a roll I called Kim a yellow faced monkey fucker. He doesn’t deserve that.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut. Strong-fat Racist Homosexual Underground playthrough.

Spent the whole game calling Kim a little binoclard monkey but all it really did was give -1 to some rolls that I had the skills to pass. I thought there would be a flag for it in the ending convo but he just said despite the racism, I was a drat fine detective.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got the tude now posted:

Racist cop is such a huge bummer. The only reload I did was when failing a roll I called Kim a yellow faced monkey fucker. He doesn’t deserve that.

I passed all the Kim rolls with negative trust modifiers :cool: because of my build. Aside from his individual comments in conversations, and the one time he called me out, he doesn’t give a gently caress overall. He even offered to join my precinct at the end.

The ending is actually funny because he jumps in to protect you multiple times when you say poo poo like “I stole speed for a kid”.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i want to believe i'd try a different build next time but i'm absolutely going to dump all my points into Inland Empire and Empathy again the next time i play it. there were a bunch of quests i never finished though, i'll try to do those.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Yakuza 0
2. Pokemon Shield
3. Astro's Playroom (platinum)
4. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War (both endings)
5. Bugsnax (platinum)
6. Spider-Man: Miles Morales
7. Bowser’s Fury
8. The Last of Us Part II
9. Donut County
10. Yakuza Kiwami

11. Luigi's Mansion 3

Man i loved this game but the loving final boss made me hate it and never want to turn it back on. the controls are just so lovely. i understand the point is that luigi is a scared bitch and controls awkwardly. most of the game moves at a pace that allows for that, they don't overload you with too many enemies or give you too many things to do at once, but that last battle took me loving hours. the aim is just so impercise and they make you have to be precise, my last fight had me on the second phase for almost half an hour just trying to aim. i was thinking that maybe i was having controller/sync issues, i use an 8bitdo snes pro controller.

my 4 year old loved every second of it though. i might have to buy a cheap 2DS so we can play the other ones. would be nice if nintendo would just port them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

dont just pad out your list with fromsoft games

It’s okay to do that

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I passed all the Kim rolls with negative trust modifiers :cool: because of my build. Aside from his individual comments in conversations, and the one time he called me out, he doesn’t give a gently caress overall. He even offered to join my precinct at the end.

The ending is actually funny because he jumps in to protect you multiple times when you say poo poo like “I stole speed for a kid”.

I think that’s why he’s such a good character. Despite his passivity, he clearly has principles and values of his own and knows to pick his battles. So many rpg companions feel like adolescents because you can change their entire life just by gabbing at them for twenty minutes. He’s clearly changed by the experience, not Harry’s ceaseless questions.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i accidentally said one racist thing the entire game (i asked someone about polar bears because i thought it was related to the bear fridge and i guess it's some kind of in-game slur) and they commented on it like four times during the ending, lol. do they always tell you that prior to being a cop, harry was a gym teacher? i was surprised to get that because i had like no skills that would have implied it.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i accidentally said one racist thing the entire game (i asked someone about polar bears because i thought it was related to the bear fridge and i guess it's some kind of in-game slur) and they commented on it like four times during the ending, lol. do they always tell you that prior to being a cop, harry was a gym teacher? i was surprised to get that because i had like no skills that would have implied it.

Yes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really need to finish the enhanced edition play through but I'll probably just end up doing the same build so whatever.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

yep lol. kim jokin about that being why you run everywhere was probably my biggest laugh line of the game lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like that Harry is always a loving loser and it's merely up to you to determine how horrible and far gone he is. idk how to explain it but it feels better than being able to pick whatever background.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeh, it makes the world feel cohesive. i like that theres not really that much you can do to change th world in big ways too, although theres a couple choices i'd love to see how they play out after the game's over. big one for me is that i forged one of the signatures to get evrarts sports complex built so that it wouldnt gently caress over the fishing town and i want to see how crazy pissed off he gets when he figures it out

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah, it's cool that it all takes place on what feels like the sidelines of most of RPGs, but without making that A Thing. there's all that stuff in the church that implies there's something big going on and you're just trying to solve a murder while recovering from your rock bottom.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the church and all th stuff about the pale from joyce and that one truck driver is no question my favorite part of the worldbuilding. its just so cool and totallly irrelevant to the actual meat and potatoes of the game but still hits all the same themes. gently caress! this game rocks so much!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i really liked what i played of DE but i think i played too much of it too quickly and got burnt out trying to absorb all the world info and dialogue. feel like it might be a good game on the shortlist to beat for 2022, albeit with starting over

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

yep lol. kim jokin about that being why you run everywhere was probably my biggest laugh line of the game lmao

The line where they say you’re the can opener because you ask a billion questions was my biggest lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there were a couple of critical roles that i failed due to terrible luck the suicide that i'd like a second crack at. i have to finish the yakuza series before i'd even think about going back to it but when i do, it'll be fun. i hope they make more games.