Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Shanghaied posted:

I think that's the Ballas from an alternate timeline or something, where Ballas is in control. The Drifter is not simply the Operator, but grown up. Instead they're like an alternate universe/timeline version of them. When you meet and talk on the Zariman, they say the Operator is from the timeline where Margulis rescued them, and the Drifter is from the timeline where she didn't. So the Drifter was not rescued by Magulis, but found Ordis (the alternate version with the body) and the Orbiter anyway. But the Drifter's timeline also has Tennos, but the Drifter is not one them.

I get all that but there was no setup for alt-Ballas right? and he's sentiented up just like our Ballas. So to me it felt like it was still our Ballas. Then again in the end when the Natah(etc)/Operator(Drifter) dialogue that mirrored the end of Second Dream happened she said that she was or heard many voices, none of them quite her. So maybe that's a hint that Ballas was also, uh, a quantum-multi-dimensional-timeline-in-one person, just like how that ending scene had two or three different versions of our character.* Still, Ballas being control at all never really felt setup beyond maybe the classroom schrodinger bit but I felt that was primarily about the Drifter/Operator.

*At least I kind of saw three different versions. There was the Drifter and then I saw my operator dressed up like I dressed them up in a couple shots and also my operator in basic Zariman suit dress in a couple of shots. Honestly no idea if that was intentional or a graphics glitch but I'm leaning towards intentional. I'd say probably intentional because it fits in with the quantum stuff, having the juxtaposition between our operator and the drifter versions, and the Zariman school sequence.

Seraphic Neoman posted:

EDIT: Margulis is objectively the wrong choice.

Correct. Also Eidolon Natah best choice, goddam that's the best space mom model. Wish it colored a little better.

Looking back I really like how the trailer with us fighting Natah with a ton of sentients around her was just straight up lies. thats a good move for trailers.

Duviri plot is going to involve like ten different timeline version of us because gently caress it.

yes i'm just trying to cram in as much spoiler text as possible

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Came back to try this after years away and holy poo poo is this unfriendly to resume. I thought Destiny was king poo poo of awful onboarding, but I was wrong.

I'm playing with a friend who hasn't played in even longer, so we're doing this wildly disconnected series of intro and midgame quests that are absolute faceroll difficulty with our gear, meanwhile I have a bunch of quests I don't recognize and I'm getting breadcrumbs to a bunch of others at the same time that are more recent, maybe?

I'll strugglebus with it for a bit just to see what's what, but I'm kinda shocked at both how little has changed gameplay/challenge wise and how much has been added in the 'random side content bullshit' department that I thought Archwing had claimed for itself.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Quest. Quest good. Big happy feelings of stuff happening, my Drifter came out looking like Ardyn Izunia which is immensely amusing to me and I enjoyed thing!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Rubix Squid posted:

I personally believe that Ballas was in control the whole time. When Erra attacked Lua I think he either died and got "salvaged" by Ballas or was simply only almost dead and then got reprogrammed by the bastard. All of this has been an act to get what he wants.

Of course that's also completely insane, so you know.

it's not completely insane

Ballas has very clearly been planning this since the beginning of current-era Warframe. Possibly longer considering how many of his plans involve Sentient tech that would have been hard to predict prior to the invasion, like the Devourer, but definitely going back to Stolen Dreams at the bare minimum.

• in The Sacrifice, we learn that Ballas sent Hunhow "codices" containing the secrets of the Tenno and Warframes
  • in Stolen Dreams you're hunting down "arcane codices" containing Orokin secrets
  • in The New Strange you learn someone is trying to cover their tracks to prevent those codices' secrets getting out
  • that someone has at least one autonomous warframe under their command (Chroma)
  • Ballas literally created the warframes and is the only person we've ever seen command an autonomous warframe (Umbra)
  • Chroma's elemental shifting is explicitly compared at one point to Sentient adaptation
  • in both quests the Arcane Machine contains a chunk of petrified Sentient mask/face that looks a lot like Erra
  • in Apostasy Prologue, the Lotus greets Ballas as a long-time collaborator ("how long have we waited for this moment?")
  • in Chimera Prologue, Ballas gives a whole speech about how the Lotus has only softened up the system for conquest
  • in New War he is clearly pursuing that conquest himself and everything he blamed on the Lotus was really his own plans all along lol

i might even have forgotten a few points but you get the picture

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 16, 2021

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

how do you remember any of this, it's been years

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

BMan posted:

how do you remember any of this, it's been years

i'm a lore nerd and i replay the main quests about once a year

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Finished it, and I think I'd rate this all generally around a B, or B+ if I'm feeling generous. The Grineer and Corpus sections felt completely extraneous, but the actual meat of the arc was pretty well-done once you get to it. I think I would have liked for us to have been "rewarded" with something more substantial at the end of all this than some simple cosmetic swaps for yourself and Mom...like it would have been pretty cool if choosing Drifter appearance actually changed gameplay somehow...but I understand that the bulk focus of this was aimed at cinematics and storytelling instead. I honestly wouldn't mind if we generally get more updates in a similar spirit to this one, instead of the more aimless stuff we've had for most of this year, though there would be downsides to that as well.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I was kind of hoping that the Sriocco ended up being an actual sidearm, because the one damage type we can't make happen with normal weapons is void damage. But nope, it's technically an amp. Also, give us the Zariman 10-0 to explore in captura. I want to soak in all of the details without question progression weighing on my mind

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
If you're on console there's a pretty massive game breaking bug that won't let you complete the New War. I had to go to the forums to figure out the solution, but without giving anything away, if you're on a certain section that requires special inputs to ascend and descend towards the end, and you cannot ascend, you have to go into your options and reset your keybindings to default. The official solution is to go under the game play tab, and there should be a second controller config type option you can click into there, and reset your controls to default. From there, the ascend key should be rebound to one of the normal buttons (not triggers).

Other people have found other workarounds here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1290705-mild-spoilers-psa-console-the-new-war-controller-issue-workaround/
I haven't tried any other workarounds, the DE workaround worked fine for me.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

BrianWilly posted:

cosmetic swaps for yourself and Mom...like it would have been pretty cool if choosing Drifter appearance actually changed gameplay somehow...

According to the Warframe reddit, theres an Operator rework in the pipe that will include this.

Also since I spent a lot of time making my Operator look like a for-real actual circus clown, the Drifter taking off their mask was the funniest poo poo I've ever seen I'm a video game

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This was a good quest overall [general opinions] but I think it kind of petered out towards the end. Going into the final level with a necramech, just following around Erra who up until that point has been creepy and violent, and built up from the beginning to have a strong role in the story kind of deflated his entire character for me. Then he sacrifices himself for you to reach Ballas and you're just like "Understood" :thumbsup:. The final Archon fight was also a bit of a joke considering the narrative build up, and because I got to use my proper loadout. I took Protea then set up a turret at a distance to do all the work for me.

The Zariman and Man in the Wall stuff was very interesting, and it almost felt like it was from some other game. Did anyone intentionally (or unintentionally) get the quiz questions wrong to see what would happen? It's crazy the amount of unique stuff they cram into these story events that we never see anywhere else again.

At the start, being Kahl and getting the Corinth Prime was great. It was a shame we didn't get more opportunities to be Grineer Doom Guy, or see any of those other characters or gameplay mechanics again, especially when it still hadn't properly revealed that the drifter was 'operator from another timeline/dimension'. When I came into the first Drifter area on a Grineer ship I was hoping that maybe Kahl or some other Grineer would be our rendezvous. Open world dropships MGSV style would have been an absolute dream. Just throw out one of their beacons and climb on.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
The Man in the Wall design was super fuckin rad, when it showed up I was just like "Whoa what the gently caress"

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

TheMostFrench posted:

At the start, being Kahl and getting the Corinth Prime was great. It was a shame we didn't get more opportunities to be Grineer Doom Guy, or see any of those other characters or gameplay mechanics again, especially when it still hadn't properly revealed that the drifter was 'operator from another timeline/dimension'. When I came into the first Drifter area on a Grineer ship I was hoping that maybe Kahl or some other Grineer would be our rendezvous. Open world dropships MGSV style would have been an absolute dream. Just throw out one of their beacons and climb on.

Yeah, I think the Corpus segment was probably about as long as it could be without getting tedious, but I wouldn't complain if they found a way to shoehorn in more Kahl or Teshin

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Pretty great stuff, expectations exceeded for me. I know quests are always risky since people will get whiny over anything that deviates from a basic afk defense mission in any way, but this felt like a pretty decent story at a decent pace. Got through it all without any bugs and only a couple of retries, spent a lot of time looking and exploring all the unique environments, and thoroughly enjoying the rewards. At most i have a few minor nitpicks, and hopefully caliban will get the usual buff pass if enough people complain, that's win win for me.

I was pretty skeptical going in and worried about them sticking the landing after years of delays, but overall i got much as i was hoping for and more. They didnt even make me pay plat for getting more decoration capacity!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it's not completely insane

Ballas has very clearly been planning this since the beginning of current-era Warframe. Possibly longer considering how many of his plans involve Sentient tech that would have been hard to predict prior to the invasion, like the Devourer, but definitely going back to Stolen Dreams at the bare minimum.

• in The Sacrifice, we learn that Ballas sent Hunhow "codices" containing the secrets of the Tenno and Warframes
  • in Stolen Dreams you're hunting down "arcane codices" containing Orokin secrets
  • in The New Strange you learn someone is trying to cover their tracks to prevent those codices' secrets getting out
  • that someone has at least one autonomous warframe under their command (Chroma)
  • Ballas literally created the warframes and is the only person we've ever seen command an autonomous warframe (Umbra)
  • Chroma's elemental shifting is explicitly compared at one point to Sentient adaptation
  • in both quests the Arcane Machine contains a chunk of petrified Sentient mask/face that looks a lot like Erra
  • in Apostasy Prologue, the Lotus greets Ballas as a long-time collaborator ("how long have we waited for this moment?")
  • in Chimera Prologue, Ballas gives a whole speech about how the Lotus has only softened up the system for conquest
  • in New War he is clearly pursuing that conquest himself and everything he blamed on the Lotus was really his own plans all along lol

Yeah but
Ballas was completely humiliated by Erra. So unless its all according to keikaku to be gutted, leashed, and made a parody of his vanity, it seems like Ballas and Erra switched roles at the first murex confrontation with Teshin. Narmer enemies were cooler than sentients, so I get why it happened. Its something Alad V would do because he's established as a double, sometimes triple agent. I rolled with it and didn't let it ruin my enjoyment.

I hate we never saw the lotus use her power prior to this. It was weird seeing her go super saiyin out of the blue. I always assumed she was in the matrix, being a robot and all. Where does she even live? Lua? The weave?

temple fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 16, 2021

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

No Mods No Masters posted:

Probably no one gives a poo poo about posts like this but here are some loose post quest thoughts.

I stopped playing around when deimos came out and poked my head back in for this quest. I will say unlike deimos, railjack, etc a major pro was it was basically actually finished and fully playable for me with only minor issues.

I think my favorite part of it were the environments- inside the tower and the ruins of the zariman ship being standouts- but it seems like kind of a waste to use them only for the quest. Props to them for actually following through on changing the open worlds, that was neat and at least you get to appreciate them in the new bounties.

But I have to say I don't come away feeling much of a hook to start playing again post completion. I think my main takeaway is that they've cleaned up a lot of the annoying plot baggage and it will be interesting to check in on the game again in a year or two and see how they're doing with the wallman arc or whatever. Could be worse I suppose, but that doesn't seem like the reaction they probably wanted to get from such a massively effortful update. For me it's just missing that X factor to drive you into subsequent normal gameplay that the other big story updates had I guess

That's kind of what I thought too. The world presented in the quest is so massively different I was expecting some sort of major world or gameplay differences, or new missions to be available afterwards, derivative of the story content. Just the drifter being available to choose isn't really much different, also they get bugged out if you try to roll out of a void dash in the air lol

Edit: Actually checking now and it seems some more things may have changed: Cetus and Fortuna have actually changed significantly, though not gameplay or dialogue wise. There is actually one more "new" bounty on fortuna.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 16, 2021

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Played through the quest yesterday, here are my thoughts on it after a rest:

I think I like the quest more as a thing I have already done, and which I know I do not need to ever replay again specifically. From a meta perspective, each of the different characters you control actually feels like they're a short stint of an alternate type of third person game, both to their detriment and benefit.

Kahl was fun, a short stint of Grineer action-gunplay where you progress down a series of war-shooter corridors while your gruff hard-choices-making commander barks patriotic bluster at you and you (try to) end by making a big heroic sacrifice via explosions. Not too different from Warframe, because it turns out your average Grineer grunt isn't actually bad at shooting, especially when you give him a Corinth Prime and now he's got a shotgun with two kinds of grenades and build-your-own-cover and also a melee killstick.

Veto/Leco/What Was Your Name Again is a brief sci-fi puzzle game, where your halpless no-name shmuck is trying to do his very important technical job while his conniving rich-as-hell boss gives you dubious instructions and mocks you right up until you flip him and his plans the biggest middle finger you have access to, which in this case is a giant death laser because the boss trusted you to handle all the ship's weaponry after you took out a shed-sized death robot with three mass-produced droids and a Plinx. I'd have really preferred if there'd been some kind of signposting that Shield Osprey shield auras both make targets immune to the stun from Elec status and can pass through walls, because I am pretty sure at least one of those is not the standard in-game behavior we've seen throughout the entire game so far, but as soon as I figured that bit out the rest was just a cute short puzzle snippet.

Teshin was an honorable ninja combat game of RPS, using the proper stance and weapon to fight against opponents by utilizing high mobility and speed in massive open multi-level arenas. Both your sword and glaive are important as both movement tools and weapons (sword mobility is mainly in combat via Warframe's lunge combos admittedly), and you can play to your best when you use all of them in just the right spots while taking full advantage of the level geometry to force your foes to adapt to your attacks instead of the other way around.

Those three were great, they were a little tricky in some spots but for the most part they didn't expect a ton out of you compared to most games on the market in their genres because Warframe isn't normally all that deep in those genres. None of them overstayed their welcome, they threw a few challenges at you and when it became clear you could handle them, they were done. I wouldn't terribly mind having the occasional optional mini-segment again with a bit more gameplay in those styles, and it'd be nice to have them show up now and then as cameos, but I definitely wouldn't want them to become main gameplay modes (also RIP Teshin, welp; I wonder if the new ex-Dax gal will take over some of his duties).

Drifter... I don't know how to say this nicely, and I don't feel like I particularly want to: Drifter felt like what I'd expect from a AAA story-based sci-fi game, where the action is on rails since the lead developer was worried that non-gamers wouldn't be able to see the whole storyline because they'd keep dying to random mooks or QTEs, except without those guard rails, but it's still janky because it was designed first and foremost as a story device for the lead dev and not as fun gameplay. Stealth segments were a pain because the smoke bomb invis (and throw for that matter) is so finicky and all your powers take too long to recover from cooldown, Narmer Bombards can deal way more than half your health if they so much as graze you with the edge of their rockets that arc from unseen positions behind cover on another height level (which means it's a huge pain to even realize what's killing you from near-full health until you know what they are and what to look for), and the whole thing is way longer than the other three genre-swaps. I'd probably not mind as much if it was only as long as the first three segments, but hoo boy this one just keeps going.
I also went Boreal first, which was an incredible mistake because he's bullshit even if you figure out that entering the smoke from your smoke bombs makes you invisible for a brief, variable-length window and that while you're invisible you can walk through the sound shockwaves unhindered (?????). Because he's still recovering health while you're throwing your smoke bomb and waiting for your model to turn invisible and then charging a shot to knock him out of his attack, and also sometimes whoops he does it twice in short succession and your smoke bomb hasn't gone off cooldown yet so I guess he gets to heal a bunch! I kept thinking throughout the entire fight, "I really don't want to play the rest of this mission, much less the two after it," so I'm really glad that Amar turned out to be absolutely trivial to the point of me wondering if I'd been missing a mechanic while snake-gal got moved to the end where I could fight her with Warframe mobility and powers on tap.

I'd have genuinely preferred if most or all of the Drifter segment was just a long cinematic to watch in the middle of the expansion. A couple hours of "use the most basic elements of Warframe's mechanics without access to any of the fun abilities or customization" just was not enjoyable, especially after coming off the three much better segments and being ready to compare/contrast their gameplay against the power and freedom of a Warframe in action.

I definitely got the Obama-Drifter glitch too, so when he pulled back his hood, I immediately started wondering, "who is this mysterious new character that's being dropped on us in the middle of the quest and why is the fact that he knows people in-setting but we as players don't know him important?" I literally didn't even start to consider that he might actually be my operator until the second time I checked out the appearance change station and noticed that not only did about half of the colors default to what I had on my operator (while another half were just weirdly blank), but the voice setting had the same name as the one I used on my operator, and even then it was a case of "wait, it's clearly not that, but... did they intend it to be that?" pretty much up until it was hard-confirmed in-game that yes, this is sort of the Operator in a sense.
I am very sorry you just spent X decades stuck in an empty ghost ship drinking bad water and without anyone to talk to, Drifter, but no I am picking my Operator who has actual abilities and cosmetics when we need to go save Lotus from danger, someone who hasn't got an Operator with all waybounds unlocked can use you and your long cooldowns instead maybe.
Also FFS stop whistling aimlessly at random.

Final segment was fine, and pretty good honestly, big cinematic Warframe-style end to a major quest arc by having you pilot a ship into the sun and then run around blowing everything up with mechs and frames. Weird puzzle bosses with unexplained mechanics as usual, but at least they're consistent between phases this time- always death to orbs, I guess.

I chose Natah for the name and swapped to Radiant Lotus visually. My personal hope was that we'd have an opportunity to actually free her entirely from even our control, to let her Dream Not Of Who You Are But etc. and not force her to be our Space Mommy forever just because we miss Marguilis/Lotus. So I was quite happy with her treatment up until the big choice select that was basically "TELL HER WHO SHE IS," but it at least seems like they presented it in-game as her choosing it for herself, haha. My headcanon shall be "she's Natah now because she doesn't need to care about keeping her true nature secret, and Radiant Lotus visually because she's still gonna be the best version of herself and that's what she mentally defaulted to when she suddenly had a full system restore performed on her."

All the talk about making it important to ensure you have Loadouts (which are an in-game term with specific meaning) set to your favorite looks and weapons really kinda hurt my expectations, given that for most of the quest I had literally no access to any of my prior customization options and the one character intended to be an evolution of a prior setup (the Drifter) just randomly became a different character with different cosmetic options for most slots. Didn't even copy over my drat hair. And then the second I have access to any of my old gear and customizations, I get access to all of it and can just swap to random equipment if I want. Oh, except my melee weapon, it doesn't matter which ones I like there because that has to be the Paracesis instead of my favorite weapons.

Bit of a surprise for me to get another major quest where the main unlock is additional customization options, but it's a pretty Warframe reward.

On the subject of cosmetics, it sure is handy how none of the sentients in the quest full of sentients count for the purposes of the sentient-kill armorset they just released, huh.

Also, this whole time I'd been thinking "Man In The Wall" was a cutesy euphemism for something more sinister, like some kind of tempting evil voice emerging from the far side of the barrier between reality and void.
Nope! It's a literal dude and he's chilling in a literal slab of granite, just grinnin' at you and chanting gibberish and still being creepy as gently caress anyway.

Fuckin' Warframe!

EDIT: Also yeah they made everything super pretty, it was nice to just wander around and explore any time I wasn't being chased by immortal Deacons (and even when I was, if I had Void Cloak). The only bugs I know I experienced were the Obama Drifter and a weird duplicate of my Necramech just hanging around behind the original during Erra's death cutscene that kinda dampened the serious mood a tad.

ElegantFugue fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 16, 2021

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I REALLY like the Nataruk. I wonder if the choices you make during the quest with the other Tenno in the classroom affect the polarities you get with the Nataruk. I got four Madurai. One forma and I’m doing 22mil damage. If you release before the charge is finished you get a “perfect shot,” which just crushes. Plus the effects are completely obnoxious, which is paramount to any good weapon. I hope they release more skill-guns like this. I still haven’t got the hang of the interrupt reload of the Sirocco yet.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 16, 2021

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Anyone else getting 50 endo for rewards in the new cetus bounty? I did it once and got combinations of 600 and 50 endo, no new rewards

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

smallmouth posted:

I REALLY like the Nataruk. I wonder if the choices you make during the quest with the other Tenno in the classroom affect the polarities you get with the Nataruk. I got three Madurai. One forma and I’m doing 22mil damage. If you release before the charge is finished you get a “perfect shot,” which just crushes. Plus the effects are completely obnoxious, which is paramount to any good weapon. I hope they release more skill-guns like this. I still haven’t got the hang of the interrupt reload of the Sirocco yet.

Mine has 4 V polarities stock. Interesting.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That was some top notch body horror throughout the whole quest tbh. Just :stare:

e: Also, was it established before that Ballas radiated inceldom?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Rorac posted:

Mine has 4 V polarities stock. Interesting.

You’re right. I meant four.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
He was always kind of a dumbass simp who thought he was a genius

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I've slept on it, and yeah I think New War was really bad. Taken on its own, it's a mediocre shooter that manages to hit every janky 2010s cliche, embedded in a game that, for all its failings, at least isn't usually a boring shooter cliche. The story has lots of things happening, lots of plot threads being tied up or started, but has consistently unclear stakes until the very end. It's so overcomplicated that time is literally a cube but simultaneously almost all of the momentous changes are done and undone before they have any interesting effects that aren't put off until a future chapter. I had low expectations, but this somehow managed to go for hours and still underwhelmed me. I did not expect to come away from it with less enthusiasm for WF than ever.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

smallmouth posted:

I wonder if the choices you make during the quest with the other Tenno in the classroom affect the polarities you get with the Nataruk.

lol why would you think this

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Of course one of the sentients the owl spawns is behind a locked door.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

On the cetus balloon ride I can’t go up, literally the only thing I can do it descend, is this another bug?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ohrwurm posted:

On the cetus balloon ride I can’t go up, literally the only thing I can do it descend, is this another bug?

If you're using a controller, it's a known bug. You need to reset your controls to default to fix it.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Cease to Hope posted:

If you're using a controller, it's a known bug. You need to reset your controls to default to fix it.

Still not working, guess I’ll wait until it’s patched

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

BMan posted:

lol why would you think this

I dunno. What did they influence?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

smallmouth posted:

I dunno. What did they influence?

the alignment thing? when have these ever influenced anything

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

BMan posted:

the alignment thing? when have these ever influenced anything

itsstillrealtomedamnit.gif

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah what did alignment end up affecting, if anything? I heard that before this quest it affected literally one line that the Helminth would occasionally say to you, but I've never even seen that line.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alignment

Helminth will have different lines depending on which side of the alignment the player is in. When speaking to the Operator, it may state the following:

[Sun] (Light shines within this demon.)
[Neutral] (This demon walks the shadow's edge.)
[Moon] (Shadows grow within this demon.)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Considering how long DE takes making a linear story quest, I'd rather they not flirted with alignment impact too much anyways.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Also did freeing all prisoners or controlled guys do anything?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Mr. Maggy posted:

The Man in the Wall design was super fuckin rad, when it showed up I was just like "Whoa what the gently caress"

When the loving hundred foot marble wall that's just the bottom half of a man's laughing face floating through space showed up my lid fully flipped, couldn't have been more perfect

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I did enjoy the low power version of warframe. It was bittersweet because the game will never be like that again. Makes it better that the quest was short, lest one falls in love with it. I don't trust any other developer to have DE's taste and style to make a cool sci-fi game like that.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

DE captures all alignment/moral choice data and sends them directly to Santa. :colbert:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

ohrwurm posted:

Guilty posted:

If you're on console there's a pretty massive game breaking bug that won't let you complete the New War. I had to go to the forums to figure out the solution, but without giving anything away, if you're on a certain section that requires special inputs to ascend and descend towards the end, and you cannot ascend, you have to go into your options and reset your keybindings to default. The official solution is to go under the game play tab, and there should be a second controller config type option you can click into there, and reset your controls to default. From there, the ascend key should be rebound to one of the normal buttons (not triggers).

Other people have found other workarounds here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1290705-mild-spoilers-psa-console-the-new-war-controller-issue-workaround/
I haven't tried any other workarounds, the DE workaround worked fine for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Finished TNW last night. I think there were some really awesome sentient set pieces and enemies, which will probably never be seen again.

Other than that, I think this was a huge missed opportunity. It reminds me of my impression of the Steel Path update where DE could have done a ton of simple things (new enemies, new loot, new drop tables, mission-type updating) to really refreshed the game but just flaked out on it.

What was the point of rushing through the entire sentient invasion, which has been talked about for years, in a scant few hours? This could have been some cool multi-month event where we purge the sentients from the system and then take the fight to them in a new star-chart.

Just lol at DE talking about making a specific loadout and getting your railjack+mech pimped out for TNW. Literally none of that even mattered and you could have done the missions with a generic version of everything.