Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

People were just as crazy about Ixion in SB at launch and, thats a way worse mount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

homeless snail posted:

People were just as crazy about Ixion in SB at launch and, thats a way worse mount

It's true, Ixion is a trash tier mount compared to Level Checker.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

central dogma posted:

You know, you're right. A mount can be "whacky" and good at the same time. But the sheer amount of time people are camping for it is mind boggling.

^^ The Christian rock power ballad was just the icing on the cake!

It did help me knock out my last 30 fates really quick. Its not like the mount is going anywhere.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ixion actually made the game incompletable for late comers, because the Lochs was literally full on all three instances during peak ixion insanity hours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

central dogma posted:

^^ The Christian rock power ballad was just the icing on the cake!

ever since i read that post I've been like Meteion with the curse of knowledge, thinking to myself "no, they mustn't know", i legitimately hate this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cleaned zone 1 of sidequests, lol that in one of them you learn what happened to Tataru's carbuncle

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My Sage testimony is that I was in Dalmasca last night and couldn't get myself to run in the right direction through confusion to get out of an AoE on the last boss. So I just flew to my tank with Icarus and was safe at the last second. It will be hard to play a healer without a dash now.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

ever since i read that post I've been like Meteion with the curse of knowledge, thinking to myself "no, they mustn't know", i legitimately hate this

I'm sorry, my friend :(

I don't think it would have crossed my mind had it not been on repeat for my last 2-3 hours of MSQ there. They did this too in ShB in the leadup to the Vauthry dungeon. Gotta give music some room to breathe, imho.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sages have an attack where they just punch the poo poo out of the enemy and they explode*. It's rad as hell.

*not quite, but that's what it looks like.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I will listen to the power ballad for 1000 hours and like it

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Augus posted:

I will listen to the power ballad for 1000 hours and like it

Same, but with Yanxia day theme instead (not Soken's otamatone version).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1471544697860538380?t=Ifd0s7tZ57Tj40R5kNoyZQ&s=19

"Please play anything else"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My Sage testimony is that I was in Dalmasca last night and couldn't get myself to run in the right direction through confusion to get out of an AoE on the last boss. So I just flew to my tank with Icarus and was safe at the last second. It will be hard to play a healer without a dash now.

After playing SGE, GNB, and RDM, being on my main of MCH makes me reach for a gap closer that isn't there a lot of the time. :v:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kerrzhe posted:

i legitimately cannot believe that i forgot Godbert Manderville is fuckin' santa claus

Who else could possibly deliver personally crafted, handmade creations to every girl and boy in all of Eorzea in a single night? :allears:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Pyro Jack posted:

Got ROG to 30 and unlocked NIN and did Satasha as an ARC so I could use Roulettes with it. I certainly did not expect that I ran into probably the most weirdest tank I've encountered.

Basically, the tank didn't respond in chat, moved in an incredibly janky manner, only use the single target attacks and even then, if it wasn't actually standing around while the rest of the party did the actual fighting. The only explanation was that it was a bot or something which is a rare thing to see considering it had an actual (but silly) name instead of a string of random letters and the fact that it showed up on a Duty at all. Anyway, the rest of the party (including me) voted the tank out and got another one that was an actual player and knew how to Tank. We've pretty much breezed past through Satasha with ease thanks to him.

some people bot their normal characters just so they don't have to learn to play/sit through dungeons a billion times/etc depending on how charitable you're feeling, but there's no real reason to do it in dungeons that have other people in them. It'll take longer but leveling via squadrons and trusts while you're asleep seems like it'd be more successful than hoping randos don't report you

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
My take on Sage after a bunch of random groups is that Icarus is possibly getting them killed more than it's helping them.
No, dashing to me the moment before the big aoe mechanic hits is not going to save you! You should have been here ages ago!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The SA Official GOTY 2021 thread went live and there's a strong possibility Endwalker might be able to take the win, after a couple years of FF14 hovering around in the top ten group.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987583&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

You vote (and nominate) games by including them in a ranked list, minimum of top five games, maximum top ten. The no.1 game on your list gets ten points, the no.2 gets nine, and so on. After the voting period is over, Rarity will tally everything up and post the results.

And you can get commemorative 6ers of a pic related to the winning game to decorate your rap sheet at the end of it.

Update:

Rarity posted:

FF14's expansions have always been split for voting purposes, that's not changing now

On the one hand it means the vote is split so the best bet is to vote for EW if you do want to vote. On the other, this means you can vote for FF14 multiple times.

Runa fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 17, 2021

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

4:30 central time and there’s no queue on my server. Usually there’s been 600-1000 at this time during weekdays

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ahahahaha oh no that soft rock song stays as the final zone theme even after the trial. I was expecting and hoping it was temporary

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

have the 2002 errors been fixed or is it just there isnt too many people queueing at once anymore? Or have I just been lucky the past couple days

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I wonder if Sage is the last healer we're going to get.

Right now, we have 2 regen healers and 2 barrier healers.

I can't see them adding another healer to upset the balance.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

have the 2002 errors been fixed or is it just there isnt too many people queueing at once anymore? Or have I just been lucky the past couple days

Last night there was a weird glitch that kicked everyone off, so the queues weren't as bad.

The error is still around, though they promised a fix next week!

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

They also did an earlier emergency patch that resolved things for some users

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I've stopped having 2002s since that first emergency maintenance they did

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Ither posted:

I wonder if Sage is the last healer we're going to get.

Right now, we have 2 regen healers and 2 barrier healers.

I can't see them adding another healer to upset the balance.

I would expect a DPS to share ninja gear before another healer

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what if it is an Eastern-themed healer or caster, like a spirit medium

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

hazardousmouse posted:

4 tanks and healers lets them have 2 of each 'type' so I can't see them adding in either category unless it's like two at once or something. DPS are a lot easier to fit in. I'm expecting a caster or something, maybe caster/ranged.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I know they've tried and failed multiple times, but I still want them to figure out how to make chemist work. If not as a healer, then it could be the new DoT class!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's no balance to upset if they added another regen or shield healer. It literally wouldn't matter if there was 3 choices for one slot, and 2 for the other. That's like saying they can't add a caster, because it would unbalance them against phys ranged.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm wondering what we'd get in the future for another dex class. Maybe like a whip based beastmaster that plays kind of a melee summoner? Maybe make the gimmick that it's not quite long range but it's got like 8 yalm range on it's attacks?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I thought before the new jobs were announced for Endwalker that they'd have to get at least one (1) new Healer before they stopped making FFXIV content, but now that they've done it, I'm pretty sure they'll feel at liberty to hold off for even up to three more expansions. They might have a new one by the Actual End of the game, if only to have a "catch-up" job in the higher level range and as something of a parting gift, but I definitely am not expecting any for 7.0 or 8.0.
(At the same time, they have been trying to keep roles *somewhat* balanced in numbers, even if melee ends up with the most simply because it's got 3 sets of gear)

Regardless, my early money's on next expansion having a Scouting job and possibly a new Magical Ranged.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Magical dps is a safe bet, and it will finally be time mage! This time for sure!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MechaX posted:

I have acquired the chainsaw axe from the 83 dungeon

Yep, WAR has the best weapon ever now, I have spoken

There's a crafted version at 88 that's a bit shinier, but if you're going to use a buzzsaw axe I feel it needs to be a rusty buzzsaw axe.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Maintenance has helped but the real fix is coming this tuesday

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Clarste posted:

Magical dps is a safe bet, and it will finally be time mage! This time for sure!

This is where I'm at. Only downside is AST having some Timey magic aspects to them.

Other option is for them to pull another Gunbreaker/Sage and have a uniquely XIV job that only sorta borrows from classic FF aesthetics/vibes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am pretty much banking on something that shares Ninja gear and another Caster. I doubt they'll aid another Maiming or Striking job until they get that out of the way, and I don't expect a new Tank or Healer since they have 4/4 and can focus on the relatively easier task of new DPS instead.

Oxyclean posted:

This is where I'm at. Only downside is AST having some Timey magic aspects to them.

Other option is for them to pull another Gunbreaker/Sage and have a uniquely XIV job that only sorta borrows from classic FF aesthetics/vibes.

We didn't get it this expansion but getting Gaia style stuff as a Time Mage would kind of own. Big ol' fuckoff hammer as your weapon.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Here's hoping for Green Mage. Champion of nature caster type is my favorite RPG archetype, and it's almost entirely absent from FF14 except for 1-30 CNJ.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, a time caster in a pointy hat that shoots stars would step on astrologian's aesthetic a bit much. A melee bruiser with a big hammer and time-altering effects could be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Here's hoping for Green Mage. Champion of nature caster type is my favorite RPG archetype, and it's almost entirely absent from FF14 except for 1-30 CNJ.

That's not what "green magic" is in FF games (it's pretty much only in Ivalice games and it's protective magic like Protect, Shell, etc.), but I could see a Geomancer, though. People always mention the geomancy stuff in the AST quests but nobody can seem to agree on whether that means Geomancers will never be in FFXIV or not so I say gently caress it, add Geomancer. Geomancer's cool.

hazardousmouse posted:

ahahahaha oh no that soft rock song stays as the final zone theme even after the trial. I was expecting and hoping it was temporary

I like that song but yeah they probably should've gone back to the instrumental version after the credits.