Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

LL cool jrooti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Man Lue talking about seats

The peanutties better not be right about the evacuation ships

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Stepdad loves conspiracy theories about ancient aliens I need something that will scare the living s*** out of him bookwise

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I just hope it's like stargate and they tell us our gods aren't real and then hand out guns

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

I thought the pain rays and mind controlled drones were still somewhere between theoretical and fake

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Denial_System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

I posted about the mind controlled stuff a couple months ago. Seems legit:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Junkie Disease posted:

Stepdad loves conspiracy theories about ancient aliens I need something that will scare the living s*** out of him bookwise
Hunt for the Skinwalker

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

jarooti cant fail

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

toggle posted:

LL cool jrooti

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

ja-rulety taking us to that great fyre festival in the stars

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

lue fast lue furious, jrutikyo drift

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Gaaaah the future is right there if we don't kill ourselves

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Junkie Disease posted:

Gray Aliens and the Harvesting of Souls

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Communion is also a ... let's go with "classic" for a reason

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The reviews are pretty dire for grey aliens

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Having actual anxiety about post-disclosure word where letting "aliens" inhabit humans is a thing because I'm mentally ill and think demons are real and probably intending to masquerade as ETs if any of this bears out

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Junkie Disease posted:

The reviews are pretty dire for grey aliens

It’s not a particularly great book, but if OP is looking for something scary about ancient aliens, that’s about as appropriate as I’ve ever read (which is an unhealthy amount).

edit: sorry, you are the OP. It fits the bill.

Fly Ricky has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Dec 17, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SavageGentleman posted:

Allright, the pnutty saga increases its momentum, with less than w week until the 21st of December, they're building up momentum / expectations:
https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1471493411848941582

Waiting for pnuts to photobomb a public event. I hope for Radar (the one with the hat obsession) in a cowboy costume, at least that would alleviate fears.

so far the only "waves" I have noticed have been large bands of thunderstorms

Riot Bimbo posted:

Having actual anxiety about post-disclosure word where letting "aliens" inhabit humans is a thing because I'm mentally ill and think demons are real and probably intending to masquerade as ETs if any of this bears out

:glomp:

(That's expressing sympathy and should not be taken as a "hitchhiker" )

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Lue, input coordinates for interstellar body S6-G325 into the navicomputer, designation ‘Meat Planet’

I want to visit Mount Sustenance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA

"it was formed 15 billion years ago when an early god exploded, or something"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Junkie Disease posted:

Just BTW I recommended they come in and ask here from the book barn and said they would get buried in recommendations and I am totally not making notes myself *marks Skinwalker on his list*

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Did jbooty ever share how they're deciding who gets raptured?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Just bought skinwalker it looked great

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

over the last few months, playing with the relaxation mindfullness and gratitude things ive woken up some mornings all 'wow i hope i passed that test' like

not a lot of details but a definite feeling of being put thru your paces. maybe thats how they decide who gets a seat lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

some johnny quest lookin poo poo right here

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Junkie Disease posted:

Just bought skinwalker it looked great

It’s a great book and your dad will probably like it, but it has almost nothing to do with ancient aliens.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

It’s a great book and your dad will probably like it, but it has almost nothing to do with ancient aliens.

there's legit nothing in the whole ancient aliens thing that is remotely scary because it's literal racist garbage designed to make white people feel better about their place in the world. anyone writing in that space knows exactly what is required of them, and making their audience uncomfortable is the last thing they want

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

yes the chaos god has it right, no ancient browns could ever be amazingly clever seems to be the thrust of most of it

dig deeper and the same people are adamant that blue eyed white people were present in all these cultures but thats been violently suppressed for *reasons*

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Sleekly posted:

dig deeper and the same people are adamant that blue eyed white people were present in all these cultures but thats been violently suppressed for *reasons*

real weird how the racists think there's a conspiracy to hide evidence of yakub

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 03:52 on Dec 17, 2021

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Azathoth posted:

there's legit nothing in the whole ancient aliens thing that is remotely scary because it's literal racist garbage designed to make white people feel better about their place in the world. anyone writing in that space knows exactly what is required of them, and making their audience uncomfortable is the last thing they want

While this is largely true, you clearly haven’t read Gray Aliens and the Harvesting of Souls.

It addresses all of those points.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

While this is largely true, you clearly haven’t read Gray Aliens and the Harvesting of Souls.

It addresses all of those points.

thats fair, i will add it to my reading list

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Azathoth posted:

thats fair, i will add it to my reading list

I don’t want to give you the impression it’s a great book however! There are huge gaps in logic and it’s rife with speculation (that could be said about a lot of these books though). My biggest personal issue is that the author injects his own religious beliefs, and that’s not my bag.

The premise is interesting and it’s worth a read. Relatively. Most of us have spent precious dwindling minutes of our lives reading p’nut Tweets.

Fly Ricky has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Dec 17, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

birds are living angels
they sore in the heavens heavens.
please do not be
negative towards birds.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Delta-Wye posted:

birds are living angels
they sore in the heavens heavens.
please do not be
negative towards birds.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

I don’t want to give you the impression it’s a great book however! There are huge gaps in logic and it’s rife with speculation (that could be said about a lot of these books though). My biggest personal issue is that the author injects his own religious beliefs, and that’s not my bag.

The premise is interesting and it’s worth a read.

haha there's like maybe 3 or 4 UFO books I'd call "great", i know whenever i pick up anything that i'm probably in for some funky logic at best, if not outright fabrications and lies. i'll go in with an open mind though :)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

It got fresh aliens?
I'll have to grab another book then ...

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

found another weird invincible bird

NUFORC posted:

My brother and I were hunting gophers on our family farm.

We happened to look up and saw a hawk hovering directly over us. It was only about 20 feet above us, and what was unusual, it did not move at all. This is totally un-natural. Normal flight for a hawk flying thermals is to fly in circles.

I fired a one shot from a .22 rifle. The hawk did not move at all. Then we both shot dozens of shots until we were out of ammo. The hawk did not move except it seemed almost imperceptually higher.

We continued to abserve the "hawk" until it disapeared from sight directly above us.

This took about an hour. In that hour the hawk did not turn, did not flap it's wings, and did not move in any direction except up.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Junkie Disease posted:

It got fresh aliens?
I'll have to grab another book then ...

it's got ... well something's there. aliens? probably as good of a guess as any

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Good enough, it's up against McDowell's Blackwater

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

hopefully the peanuts give this guy a seat, then eject him from the stratosphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Riot Bimbo posted:

on the bright side if we get a post-disclosure world where aliens are demons that can ride your brain it might mean you weren't mentally ill this entire time

jury's still out on whether or not that's better