Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

They should have had John Cena show up and apologize in Mandarin at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
It was good but you can for sure feel the half formed “oh poo poo Covidness” of the episode. The US vs Communist cars was clearly for the Russia special as is the giant shitboxes is the wrong country but.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Maybe they’re foreshadowing that the next one will be in China? And directed by David Lynch I guess?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
My mom watches a lot of celebrity cooking shows, so I told her about Oh Cook last night. This morning at around 10AM I got a text from her asking if I wanted any of the meals from that show the next time I visited? :thunk:

She binged the whole show in one night/morning, which I guess is a real good indication that regular cooking show people probably will enjoy Oh Cook as well.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When Hammond said his Riviera is “flamboyant”, I was stunned that May didn’t retort “It’s flammable!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Clarkson in the news again for comments about the UK's scientific advisory group for emergencies (SAGE) saying he's read up about pandemics and they take "at least 4 years" so why all the caution about opening the country up again? (it IS open now...) The best bit? The quote "if you die, you die" which given how many people have lost their lives due to government incompetence is just a little bit of an insensitive thing to say.

quote:

Jeremy Clarkson has criticised Covid scientists and politicians while sharing what he thinks should happen next in a post-pandemic world.

The TV presenter said that he disagrees with the idea of lockdowns designed to keep people safe, calling scientists “those communists at SAGE” who should “get back in their box”.

SAGE, which stands for The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, has been been providing scientific advice to help politicians with their decision making during the pandemic. “When it started, I read up on pandemics and they tend to be four years long,” Clarkson told Radio Times. He said he believes we should “go through life with our fingers crossed and a smile on our face”.

“I can see Boris [Johnson] doesn’t want to open it up and shut us back down again,” he said, adding: “But if it’s going to be four years... and who knows, it could be 40 years.” He then added that “if it’s going to be forever, let’s open it up and if you die, you die”.

Jeremy Clarkson shut the gently caress up challenge 2021.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/jeremy-clarkson-covid-lockdown-b1895634.html

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
I would have figured Clarkson for the Charger and Hammond for the Mustang.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Thomamelas posted:

I would have figured Clarkson for the Charger and Hammond for the Mustang.

Hammond owns a 70's Charger, he loves Dodge. They've been pretty consistent with muscle cars actually of Clarkson -> Ford, May -> Chevy, Hammond -> Dodge. Same lineup for Detroit at least and I think a few others further back.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Riven posted:

Hammond owns a 70's Charger, he loves Dodge. They've been pretty consistent with muscle cars actually of Clarkson -> Ford, May -> Chevy, Hammond -> Dodge. Same lineup for Detroit at least and I think a few others further back.

Huh, I could have sworn they made a big deal at one point of him importing a Mustang.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Thomamelas posted:

Huh, I could have sworn they made a big deal at one point of him importing a Mustang.

Yeah I remember them showing his 1968 Mustang on Top Gear at one point.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I mean they’re all wealthy and he loves muscle cars so I’m sure he has one from all three manufacturers.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

It wouldn’t surprise me if all of those muscle cars were Hammond’s.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Riven posted:

I mean they’re all wealthy and he loves muscle cars so I’m sure he has one from all three manufacturers.

On that topic, one of the last silverstone auctions was a lot of Hammond's cars since he is going to do a wheeler dealer clone and needs cash to finance it. He sold mostly European cars and motorcycles, here is the video, Hammond's cars start at 1:13.

https://youtu.be/RjjxvCiWqOo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I don't really watch the Drive Tribe stuff, but this behind the scenes with James was hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-dfGHAaLI4&t=149s

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Big Taint posted:

It wouldn’t surprise me if all of those muscle cars were Hammond’s.

That would suck, didn't he blow the motor of one of them?

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Not the worst thing he’s done to a car.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Good news everyone!
https://twitter.com/mrjamesmay/status/1430816370460135425

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

He needs to shave, he looks like Trump's doctor.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

So is there any news on the next Grand Tour episode, or are we now just waiting for the Clarkson's Farm S2 and the next Our man in to drop? And whatever Hammond is doing.

The automotive aspect of this team is declining rapidly.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Is it bad that I hoped he was going to say "another season of The Reassembler"?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Der Kyhe posted:

So is there any news on the next Grand Tour episode, or are we now just waiting for the Clarkson's Farm S2 and the next Our man in to drop? And whatever Hammond is doing.

Right before the Scotland special came out Wilman was quoted as saying that they had two more big travel specials in development but those were on indefinite hold due to COVID related restrictions. For the time being they apparently have been working on something they shot in Wales which Wiki claims Clarkson had indicated will be released this year (presumably around Christmas), but their source link leads to an unrelated video with little information.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
November beckons!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toqZBRlOqj0

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Huh. That seems like maybe it won't be awful?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Top Gear is typically pretty good, so.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Jehde posted:

Top Gear is typically pretty good, so.

There are a lot of people, not sure if Mr. Wiggles is one, who have been stubbornly refusing to enjoy post-CHM Top Gear even when it's working.

Also as someone who grew up on MotorWeek my standards for automotive entertainment are really low and I'll happily watch "person hoons car while rattling off lines to the camera, occasionally having a disaster" all day.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 29, 2021

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lada Riva appearance? Hopefully it's a new one.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Nah, I keep cheering for TG, it's just that the episodes have all been pretty meh since the big hubbub. Hopefully this will be the turning point for me.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Wow that Eddie Kidd segment was fantastic

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

:hmmyes:

No idea who he was going into it, but BBC really put their magic to work in making you care.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Der Kyhe posted:

Hammond has a show coming out on Discovery+ where he runs a company doing car restoration.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Chris Knight posted:

That grand finale shot with all the bikes in the air, the scrambler jumping into the camera and the fireball going off in the background was stunning.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol at Harris pulling a Clarkson for a cheating win.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm down
https://twitter.com/mrjamesmay/status/1463894979017904132

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Shame Freddie got left behind on that one, he would have been laughing the whole way I think.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Full trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjzGlXD6bsQ

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw Freddie! :3:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Can't beat the good ol' cheap car challenge! Though the whole paint bomb thing was a bit gratuitous

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
These are great
https://twitter.com/thegrandtour/status/1471113450910801921

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Just went live on Amazon, firing it up now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The crew running for their lives away from Hammond.