Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Acerbatus posted:

idk whats weirder valve deciding dota needed to be played with controllers or that the anime apparently made mirana british

mirana is from bottom. potm bottom. very simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
10 years later or sometyhing and still no flux nor puppetmaster ports. no deadwood. no chipper. gas and ban

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i will continue to boycott this game until there is a pharaoh rattletrap skin, including his "lets wwwwwrap this up" hero response

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Geight posted:

I've had the helping hand chests just fail to open twice now, kinda wish the weekly quest rewards just gave you battle pass points directly without a buggy veneer of gachapon stuff in between

Happened to me too, but it showed up in the armory shortly after and worked.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

ILL Machina posted:

Happened to me too, but it showed up in the armory shortly after and worked.

Mine showed up in the armory and didn't work again!!

e: ok eventually it did award me the points, I can see em in my log

Geight fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 16, 2021

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I tried Omniknight in Agh Lab and it feels like he doesn't do anything after a certain point.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Think you gotta play him kinda like the undying and go aura boy. He certainly doesn't do much to bosses and there seem to be a lot of exceptions to immunities that are hard to read. That being said, maybe there are more useful shard builds I don't know about yet. A lot of that seems RNG

Likens works upon contact against the spark wraiths that mute you, but not much else, like the beast grab.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Smythe posted:

i will continue to boycott this game until there is a pharaoh rattletrap skin, including his "lets wwwwwrap this up" hero response

No mention of dropping a literal garbage dumpster on a dead hero taunt?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

No mention of dropping a literal garbage dumpster on a dead hero taunt?

Love the dumpster taunt but daggius doesn’t need the ego boost.

Or what it kingraven? Losing my mind in my old age.

Smythe fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 16, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what was with that stuff about revenge kills, it popped up like once and i assumed it was how you got battlepass levels but then I've never seen anything else. Was it just because some guy bought the drow arcana that game?

e: battle pass on spending 300 bucks for that arcana, its cool but lol

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

You can see it in the arcana description page. To unlock the second style you need 100 points. You get 3 points for winning a game without dying. You get 1 for winning a game in which you kill the person who kills you first (the Revenge Target).

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They themed the set around getting rly mad at the first person to frag you, which is also what I do on Drow

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

Vando posted:

Everyone left in this game has like, 10k hours played at this point so if you leave you let all the other bads get better than you.

I started to pick it back up after uhhhhhh a gap since 2013? It’s going great no one has been mean to me at all.

Sarcasm aside I have been genuinely surprised by when people are like “loving acidronin noob no idea what your doing” that when I’ve keyed up and said yes correct the attitude has generally changed to helpful. Not happy mind, but helpful. And then they get to go “noob jakiro ez” in post game.

emdash posted:

Labyrinth is fun, pick phoenix with sun ray perks for easy wins

It is very fun but very confusing your first few times through.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
This idea that moba players are constantly angry and raging at each other only gets said by people who don't play mobas :thunk:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

This idea that moba players are constantly angry and raging at each other only gets said by people who don't play mobas :thunk:

it comes from people who play ranked

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the rage is annoying for a while, but eventually you reach a zen state where you realize the other team is raging against each other too, and that's when the real game begins (typing "?" into all chat is the real game)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I generally try to avoid all things bm, but god I love a good ? when the enemy does something especially dumb.

I got stuck mid as Pugna vs a Death Prophet the other day; she didn't take Silence by 6 and thought her Life Drain was better than mine. Then she teleports aggressively far forward into lane and I immediately kill her again lol.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

the only thing better than typing "?" into all chat is when the other team does it all game, gets 2 rax, wastes their lead fountain farming and you get the opportunity to push and end. one nice little "?" after the throne goes down. doesn't happen regularly but when you get a game like that 😩👌🏼

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
some classics in the Dota+ voice lines for those situations. Nyx "talentless" Mirana "you have learned nothing" etc.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I tend to love hero voice lines but hate player voice lines :thunk:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

People that spam their hero's laugh suck rear end.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Can confirm, I use my laugh whenever someone does something funny to me and I absolutely suck rear end

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 18, 2021

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some real fine individuals play this game.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They quietly removed Overwatch and no one noticed until days later.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They also took out pauses apparently? cool game

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Game seems fucky in general. In one game when I held down Alt you couldn't see Tower range :shrug:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Geight posted:

They made several undocumented, controversial changes with the Battle Pass.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Controller support isn't great either but maybe I need to tweak it more. I doubt it will ever rise to "good.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

They made several undocumented, controversial changes with the Battle Pass.

Well, they shouldn't have done that!!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Geight posted:

It seems... inconsistent now.

I was in a game where a buddy had to d/c right at the start. But pause simply wouldn't work when we all tried. Later in the game it worked fine. Very confusing.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
According to Reddit the change is you can’t pause before first blood, presumably because an absurd percentage of pubs have at least a minute of pause immediately upon loading

Not sure it actually addresses the problem, since some of it is down to the dota client being unreliable. but a lot of other games don’t have pausing at all so I think people will learn to manage

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
New rule is that you can only pause after first blood or 4 minutes, which is a mixed bag because there's been long stretches where dota could crash right on map load and can be hell on old computers, but also every loving game had some jackass who decided they'd waste 9 other peoples time because they couldn't go piss or smoke before hitting the queue button.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Yes, there are an absurd number of pauses right as the game is starting but I'd rather just wait than play a lovely game.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

emdash posted:

According to Reddit the change is you can’t pause before first blood, presumably because an absurd percentage of pubs have at least a minute of pause immediately upon loading

I'm glad

The last time I played this game, almost every game that I played had some guy dc'ing and pausing at the start, making 9 other people wait for them to take a piss, go for a smoke or reinstall their Windows or some poo poo like that. This poo poo persisted up to Immortal+ ranked games and it was incredibly obnoxious

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yes, there are an absurd number of pauses right as the game is starting but I'd rather just wait than play a lovely game.

I'd rather see these people get abandons and booted out of ranked, even if it ruins match quality in the short run.

But imo the best solution would be to shadowpool all the pausers into the same matches so that these fuckers can enjoy a match of dota 2 with roughly 40 minutes of pausing

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 20, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Minorkos posted:

But imo the best solution would be to shadowpool all the pausers into the same matches so that these fuckers can enjoy a match of dota 2 with roughly 40 minutes of pausing

Lol yes

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

cock hero flux posted:

it comes from people who play ranked

lmao if you think the exact same idiot brained players arent raging in unranked and turbo and whatever other game modes are out there

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

My f9 key mash game is strong

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm also always bummed when there's a pause in my games but it sure is bold of Valve to make the game less stable and take out early pauses at the same time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

They quietly removed Overwatch and no one noticed until days later.

that never seemed like it'd do anything tbh, since the people judging would be dota players who would see "wtf 0-5 void, definite ban" and ignore the pos 5 ursa or whatever.

Geight posted:

I'm also always bummed when there's a pause in my games but it sure is bold of Valve to make the game less stable and take out early pauses at the same time

that is pretty funny however.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 20, 2021