Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

We're reaching the point where the Wall Street Journal attacks on China are becoming indistinguishable from the Qiao Collective defenses of China.

I'm excited

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Reminds me of a quote I've seen before:
"Wallstreet Journal criticisms of China and Qiao Collective defenses of China are starting to look the same."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grapplejack posted:

god I wish that was us

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

DiscountDildos posted:

https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/1471314387528945665?s=20

Not reading that lol but I thunk it's safe to assume this is a pro-Xi propaganda piece judging by the content of the tweet

the cowardly celestial shrinks from his duty, which is to die of covid so the economy is good

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Judakel posted:

Whenever either the US or the UK are coping hard with their lovely half-assed attempts at handling covid, lab leak will resurface just to give people a momentary distraction. Treating it like it was made in a lab makes it seem more like it was something someone did to us rather than something we did to ourselves by letting nature run rampant over our bodies.

well you see people fear self reflection more than death

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
western life expectancy in 2022 would be bloody spectacular

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

DiscountDildos posted:

https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/1471314387528945665?s=20

Not reading that lol but I thunk it's safe to assume this is a pro-Xi propaganda piece judging by the content of the tweet

the loving wsj saying xi bad because he is adamant to have a zero covid strategy is not the indictment they think it is, lmaooo

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ian Goodrum once wrote about how good china is using nothing but terrified wsj articles, honestly the financial rags are pretty informative if you wanna learn about their economic policies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Life is cheap in the Occident

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

western presidents: you know people should have CHOICE and the ECONOMY must be FUNCTIONING and THAT makes everything HARD

blessed party chief commissar: no. loving. plague. get it?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xi Jinping, probably posted:

gently caress OFF!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/isaacstonefish/status/1471543690409697292

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Ian Goodrum once wrote about how good china is using nothing but terrified wsj articles, honestly the financial rags are pretty informative if you wanna learn about their economic policies.
it's a pretty good method. the more an article is soaked in WSJ panic sweat, the better

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol so we're gonna economically isolate Xinjiang

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
nothingburgers are very revolutionary, like the olympic "boycott"

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
lol that they require "clear and convincing evidence" to disprove a claim that relies heavily on anecdotal evidence and cherrypicking data to fit the "genocide" narrative.

I know hypocrisy is the West's modus operandi, but its just so blatant this time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

we'll cut them off from the... 1.3 billion people literally in the same country and market

china is pretty resilient to shocks

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

the best loving part is that they are boycotting Xinjiang

imagine actually going through with "we are not going to import anything from China"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I just get a kick out of targeted sanctions being described as "revolutionary."

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just sounds like there's suddenly going to be a lot of imports coming from Gansu

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I just get a kick out of targeted sanctions being described as "revolutionary."

remember how china is totally going to collapse with the trump's tariffs

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

florida is “one of the few states that still uses unpaid prison labor”

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ABSCBNNews/status/1471734404540080130

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Palladium posted:

remember how china is totally going to collapse with the trump's tariffs

Or the Evergrande thing

Capitalist realism has people genuinely not realise the government can just go 'no you don't' to an 'economic collapse' and just give people money

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

good

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Xi the Tyrant giving confusing orders to his underlings like "Zero Covid"

so confusing unlike fauci's extremely clear instructions.

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1421156903674126337?s=20

(thank u gorka)

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
China just merged the major rare earth companies into one state owned company. I bet good money all the rare earth exports soon will have a "processed by Xinjiang office" stamp on it. What's going to happen next is the US congress is going to pass another bill and give ""examption"" to most of the US companies that import rare earth.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Grapplejack posted:

god I wish that was us

Wanna see an Aaron Sorkin-esque rendition of Xi chewing out underlings for even daring to suggest something other than zero covid.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
https://twitter.com/nzherald/status...40post520034326

unnamed sources told RFA that today is a slow news day

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
laughter free asia

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

stephenthinkpad posted:

China just merged the major rare earth companies into one state owned company. I bet good money all the rare earth exports soon will have a "processed by Xinjiang office" stamp on it. What's going to happen next is the US congress is going to pass another bill and give ""examption"" to most of the US companies that import rare earth.

lol this would be pretty funny

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Don't forget the centrifuges are still spinning my dudes

https://twitter.com/Pataramesh/status/1471823243682230281

Really feels like a free-for-all competition between different branches in the office over who gets dibs on the next war

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

based

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or the Evergrande thing

Capitalist realism has people genuinely not realise the government can just go 'no you don't' to an 'economic collapse' and just give people money

we can literally see our infrastructure collapsing right before our eyes while our "govt" fails to do jack poo poo to solve it while at the same time handing out billions upon billions to corporations while also at the same time saying we cant afford to forgive motherfucking student loans

and these same motherfuckers are pointing at china and saying CHNA BAD. yknow the country that is doing everything in their power to prevent covid deaths while also building massive infrastructure projects for the benefit of their citizens and making sure that most if not all people who are working can afford motherfucking homes

late stage capitalism loving sucks so much rear end

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Palladium posted:

https://twitter.com/nzherald/status...40post520034326

unnamed sources told RFA that today is a slow news day

im so loving tired of this perfidious yellow mans poo poo coming from demon crackers

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Pryor on Fire posted:

Don't forget the centrifuges are still spinning my dudes

https://twitter.com/Pataramesh/status/1471823243682230281

Really feels like a free-for-all competition between different branches in the office over who gets dibs on the next war

the faster iran actually nukes up the faster iran is safe from america starting a war hth

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

god I wish that was us

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

the faster iran actually nukes up the faster iran is safe from america starting a war hth

I hope Iran makes a nuke then fills the straight of hormuz with mines as part of their negotiations

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Anyway as far as Evergrande goes, it is going to cause a slowdown in Shenzhen’s luxury market but that seems to be purposeful on the part of the central government. However, it doesn’t seem to be seriously affecting equities at this point. I am sure plenty of foreign investors will take a bath.

As far as Iran goes, I wonder when higher tier Russian/Chinese weaponry starts showing up. Their newest tank (thr Karrar) seems to at least partially based on a T-90 but even some third gen jf-17s would be a considerable upgrade or modernized mig-29s.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 15:05 on Dec 17, 2021

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Agrajag posted:

we can literally see our infrastructure collapsing right before our eyes while our "govt" fails to do jack poo poo to solve it while at the same time handing out billions upon billions to corporations while also at the same time saying we cant afford to forgive motherfucking student loans

and these same motherfuckers are pointing at china and saying CHNA BAD. yknow the country that is doing everything in their power to prevent covid deaths while also building massive infrastructure projects for the benefit of their citizens and making sure that most if not all people who are working can afford motherfucking homes

late stage capitalism loving sucks so much rear end

the other part is that media hawkery got people that mistrust it to consider that china is actually doing well, even if these people are in other side of the spectrum against the cpc, besides internet and the "information landscape" being something else entirely than the days of the USSR. There's a lot more disinfo, but there's a lot more distrust either way. still, for some reason, nobody is contesting that china is building a shitload of high speed rail because the material conditions in that regard are undeniable. that's where the cpc wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Agrajag posted:

I think Iran is likely looking at it as an option since they just elected a hardliner president, who is also in line to succeed the supreme leader.

I think the main problem is not the US but a nuclear test to throw the middle east power balance into a mess.