Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

central dogma posted:

Doesn't it move up with the visor command?

It doesn't. It's static.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Chillgamesh posted:

Just Icarus rocketed up to some guy with 10% HP in Frontline that was sprinting away and gibbed him with Phlegma

Phlegma balls bitch

Sleep > Icarus > Pneuma is just such a funny way to kill somebody in Frontlines. Especially if you follow it up by escaping his angry friends with shield spam. Even just tossing out E.Dosis into a brawl is surprisingly effective.

The downside is that I run myself out of mp hella fast in PvP as sage and don't have a lot of good ways to get it back

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Striking Cryptlurker would've been so much better for reaper. :colbert: But I personally am not super into armored looks, which makes me worried/interested in how the next few sets of maiming will look. Really the ideal solution would be once you have a class to a level where it can wear x gear, you can glamour it on all jobs. This would also save me from having to have four of every piece of jewelry.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

Striking Cryptlurker would've been so much better for reaper. :colbert: But I personally am not super into armored looks, which makes me worried/interested in how the next few sets of maiming will look. Really the ideal solution would be once you have a class to a level where it can wear x gear, you can glamour it on all jobs. This would also save me from having to have four of every piece of jewelry.

It's all about the hood with that maiming Cryptlurker set. I can go either way on how armored Reaper should look but the hood is :discourse:

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Does anyone have a transparent version of the disconnect/connection issues icon they could share please? I need it for my FC's holiday photo theme ("Server issues").

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

TGLT posted:

Alphinaud recalls his nouliths asymmetrically in the trailer in a way almost certainly intended to look like this giant robot

Like I would be shocked if there isn't a dev note somewhere that describes the nouliths as fin funnels

They absolutely referred to them as funnels in one of the Live Letters.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

TGLT posted:

Alphinaud recalls his nouliths asymmetrically in the trailer in a way almost certainly intended to look like this giant robot

Like I would be shocked if there isn't a dev note somewhere that describes the nouliths as fin funnels

oh man yeah I want that

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Comrade Koba posted:

this works even better when you consider that the lifeboats weren't actually full, the people tasked with filling them just weren't very competent :v:

There's a limit to how quickly people can get through the queue AND the worlds are full.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Harrow posted:

I think you mean maiming :v:
Goddammit.

I argue this is a point in my favor that I can't keep these drat melee types straight, and not that I just have terminal morning brain.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Personally I'm hoping for a STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN crossover event next year

Looking forward to the orchestrion drops

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/spofiee/status/1471887928045539337?s=20

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

for sage, what purpose does phlegma serve in your single-target rotation? i mean, phlegma balls, obviously, but the close-in instant-cast AOE doesn't have an obvious role in the rotation, but it's also definitely too much free potency to leave on the table. is it for movement? bonus damage i should just drop in whenever possible?

Valentin fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 17, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Valentin posted:

for sage, what purpose does phlegma serve in your single-target rotation? i mean, phlegma balls, obviously, but the close-in instant-cast AOE doesn't have an obvious role in the rotation, but it's also definitely too much free potency to leave on the table. is it for movement? bonus damage i should just weave in whenever possible?

Use it whenever possible because it's a bunch of damage, yeah.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's also one of your only options for when you need to move in the middle of DPSing a boss, except it's still awkward for that with it being melee range. So yeah just dump it for damage.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Picked up the cookbook, it's really nicely done and the recipes look delicious.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Valentin posted:

for sage, what purpose does phlegma serve in your single-target rotation? i mean, phlegma balls, obviously, but the close-in instant-cast AOE doesn't have an obvious role in the rotation, but it's also definitely too much free potency to leave on the table. is it for movement? bonus damage i should just drop in whenever possible?

Read the tooltip and look at the potency numbers compared to Dosis.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah Phlegma is basically a better Dosis with splash damage. Unless you have a specific reason to stay at range you might as well get up close anyways.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Being able to stack two charges of Phlegma is nice because it means that you have a bit of wiggle room for when you use it without just leaving potency on the table.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It would be nice if Phlegma had a longer range, but at least that's one way to encourage healers to get up close rather than standing out in Kansas.

If you expect movement is coming up soon you can hold the charges, but otherwise use them as you get them.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I wish toxikon gave phlegma charges

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Thundarr posted:

It would be nice if Phlegma had a longer range, but at least that's one way to encourage healers to get up close rather than standing out in Kansas.

If you expect movement is coming up soon you can hold the charges, but otherwise use them as you get them.

It's because your base aoe is untargetted centered on you so you can dos while targeting your tank to watch to levels. Phlegma being close range just makes it run smoother.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Picked up the cookbook, it's really nicely done and the recipes look delicious.

"Croissant Primal"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's because your base aoe is untargetted centered on you so you can dos while targeting your tank to watch to levels. Phlegma being close range just makes it run smoother.

It's the AoE spam that a lot of healers need to be encouraged to do, which is why the short range on Phlegma is ultimately a good thing. Believe me, I'm running circles through trash shouting dis crazy.

I wouldn't complain if it had a slightly longer range is all I'm saying.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't see how this follows? Phlegma would run fit equally well in the AOE rotation if it were doable at a distance, too, it just wouldn't mean you also have to run up as part of the single target.

Anyways yeah it seems like it's mostly just meant to ensure you stay in near the boss so your AOE heals hit more people, which makes sense. I was just surprised because I can't think of any other class that has that kind of drastic range difference within a rotation that doesn't also have a built-in gap closer to help with the movement (SMN Ifrit, RDM melee combo).

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Phlegma has a range of 6y, Dyskrasia has a radius of 5y. I think the implication is that Phlegma is a juicy carrot to get Sages into the proper range for Dyskrasia

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hell yeah got my pizza emote

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Both of the two post-MSQ dungeons are so loving insanely good. Holy poo poo.

I feel like the dungeons in EW are all incredible. Really knocking it out of the park.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"Croissant Primal"

There's some recipes that have "Minstrel's Ballad" versions that take much more advanced techniques and time to make.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The most important part of the cookbook is that the secret ingredient of potions is rum.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mordiceius posted:

I feel like the dungeons in EW are all incredible. Really knocking it out of the park.

Yeah, there's really not a dud in the bunch, it's incredible. Great spectacle and aesthetics, interesting mechanics for every boss, cool-looking gear.

I guess focusing on fewer but better dungeons is really paying off.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Mordiceius posted:

They are really goddamn cool. I loved the Zone 6 one.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
As a non-spoiler tip to everyone, for anything you can do with a trust, make sure to do it at least once with a trust. There’s some cool character moments and dialogue in there.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Consummate Professional posted:

Hell yeah got my pizza emote
for some reason I thought these weren't going out for like another few days

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the canon 'za

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Thundarr posted:

The most important part of the cookbook is that the secret ingredient of potions is rum.

Yeah the x potion looks like a pretty tasty thing to get bombed on

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TGLT posted:

The Sage job NPC is named Lalah. Which is almost certainly a nod to Lalah Sune, the first Gundam character to ever use Bits/Funnels.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

What’s the best way to either find an existing static or recruit for a new one? My Shadowbringers static isn’t reconvening due to scheduling issues, and I’m looking for a home for a BRD+SCH+BLM trio.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

blastron posted:

What’s the best way to either find an existing static or recruit for a new one? My Shadowbringers static isn’t reconvening due to scheduling issues, and I’m looking for a home for a BRD+SCH+BLM trio.

I see recruitment adds in party finder all the time, so....that probably?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Valentin posted:

I don't see how this follows? Phlegma would run fit equally well in the AOE rotation if it were doable at a distance, too, it just wouldn't mean you also have to run up as part of the single target.

Anyways yeah it seems like it's mostly just meant to ensure you stay in near the boss so your AOE heals hit more people, which makes sense. I was just surprised because I can't think of any other class that has that kind of drastic range difference within a rotation that doesn't also have a built-in gap closer to help with the movement (SMN Ifrit, RDM melee combo).

Except you already have a button to instantly teleport to an enemy or your tank so dpsing on the run in is pointless. It is then Better to encourage you to get in and stay in as your aoe spell wants you to be then to not so thats why it's 1 yard longer range than your aoe spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

blastron posted:

r/ffxivrecruitment and the various recruiter discords are good shots to put up on

https://discord.gg/ffxivrecruiter