Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

This game needs a photo mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

What did they think the reaction was going to be?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Noob Saibot posted:

What did they think the reaction was going to be?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-16-peter-molyneuxs-nft-game-legacy-has-already-made-usd50m

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NFTs blow chunks, but the STALKER thing was literally just some technobabble way to get a few people with deep pockets to get themselves turned into background NPCs in the game. Which is 1000x times less offensive than Penis Molyneux who has never made a good game in his life selling 50 million$$$ in fake video game real estate or Ubisoft throwing up super rare NFT cosmetics in their affront to tactical shooters.

It's trash regardless and it's good they canned it, but I seriously couldn't have cared less about that announcement in hellworld 2021

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 17, 2021

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

Snowmankilla posted:

Fired up halo infinite and it is saying I can’t play campaign? I have game pass ultimate and have been playing for a week? Restart didn’t help. Any ideas?

Same thing happens to me, here’s the fix: when you get to the main menu, wait for it to load your multiplayer rank (you’ll see it pop in at the top right), then select Campaign and it’ll recognise your licence.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Magic Mango posted:

Same thing happens to me, here’s the fix: when you get to the main menu, wait for it to load your multiplayer rank (you’ll see it pop in at the top right), then select Campaign and it’ll recognise your licence.

Or restart the game. Once in a while it just bugs out when trying to play out of quick resume.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

veni veni veni posted:

NFTs blow chunks, but the STALKER thing was literally just some technobabble way to get a few people with deep pockets to get themselves turned into background NPCs in the game. Which is 1000x times less offensive than Penis Molyneux who has never made a good game in his life selling 50 million$$$ in fake video game real estate or Ubisoft throwing up super rare NFT cosmetics in their affront to tactical shooters.

It's trash regardless and it's good they canned it, but I seriously couldn't have cared less about that announcement in hellworld 2021

Molyneux has made many great games.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Haven’t played it myself but Divinity Original Sin 2 is 60% off in the current xbox store sale. First time i’ve seen it go for cheap since i added it to my wishlist like a year ago

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Playing Hitman 3 and loving it. Just realised I can also play Hitman 1 and 2 as well!

I have H3 on disc what’s the best way to get the rest of the games in the engine? Was hoping for a big all in one add on - and a sale.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

I have H3 on disc what’s the best way to get the rest of the games in the engine? Was hoping for a big all in one add on - and a sale.

The addons go on sale regularly enough!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Buy the disc versions of 1 and 2 for like $5, install them to your system. Boot into Hitman 3 and have it detect that you own 1 and 2, search for 45 minutes trying to find the thing you need to download to unlock 1 & 2 in 3. Hope it actually works, if not, return to step 3. Sell the disc versions of 1 & 2 for like $5.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Yeah I just Gamefly'd Hitman 1 and 2, you just the discs in the system to unlock them within Hitman 3.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Haven’t played it myself but Divinity Original Sin 2 is 60% off in the current xbox store sale. First time i’ve seen it go for cheap since i added it to my wishlist like a year ago

I've been eyeing this one too today as I've also had it on my list since last year. There are some good sales on now, will likely pick up some stuff because it's CHRISTMAS.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The addons go on sale regularly enough!

The add-ons finally popped up in a sale today!

And thanks for the disc tip. I'll try that out today.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

veni veni veni posted:

molyneux made some of the best games of the 90s

shame he didn't just retire when bullfrog got ea'd and instead spend the last two decades torpedoing his own legacy, oh well w/e gently caress him

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The gunk is unbelievably boring after about an hour. Such a letdown.

GamePass stays saving.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

molyneux made some of the best games of the 90s

shame he didn't just retire when bullfrog got ea'd and instead spend the last two decades torpedoing his own legacy, oh well w/e gently caress him

Hey now, He gave us Fable and Fable 2.

And The Movies was pretty fun, when it wasn't horribly graphically glitching out on my PC at the time.

Everything after those three games yes, I agreed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

joylessdivision posted:

Hey now, He gave us Fable and Fable 2.

And The Movies was pretty fun, when it wasn't horribly graphically glitching out on my PC at the time.

Everything after those three games yes, I agreed.

fable and fable 2 still hurt his reputation regardless of the quality of them, like fable 1 was specifically where his credibility went to poo poo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I have this on Switch but might buy it again for the performance boost. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Way before that, Black and White is the first I can think of that started his reputation for overselling what you can do in the game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

People who liked Fable weren't the ones that followed it's development, they were the ones who bought it cheap a while after release. Fable was probably my first biggest hype cycle upset in gaming. Some years after it came out I was working at a game store and it was already in a 3 for :10bux: bin and noticed that the people buying it loved it. When Fable 2 got announced I decided to ignore everything about it and pick it up when it hit $20, and I actually did enjoy it.

Never did play 3.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Detective No. 27 posted:

Never did play 3.

It was bad

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
fable was sick.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fable lost chapters is unreal

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

People who liked Fable weren't the ones that followed it's development, they were the ones who bought it cheap a while after release. Fable was probably my first biggest hype cycle upset in gaming. Some years after it came out I was working at a game store and it was already in a 3 for :10bux: bin and noticed that the people buying it loved it. When Fable 2 got announced I decided to ignore everything about it and pick it up when it hit $20, and I actually did enjoy it.

Never did play 3.

Oh I was there for the hype cycle of original Fable. I was annoyed it wasn't what was promised but I still enjoyed the game for what it was.

Enough so that I've played all 3 of the drat things.

3 was......3 was not very good. And even by then I knew not to trust the hype and was still disappointed with it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fable was the biggest gaming disappointment of my life, but even with the hype stripped away I thought it was awful. For some dumb reason I still played 2 and 3 and thought they were awful as well. Black and White was also a huge disappointment. To this day I have never played a molyneux game I thought was good at all.

I guess people really liked Populous but I never played it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Movies was unreal and one of the reasons I got into editing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I guess people really liked Populous but I never played it.

I don't know anyone who has played Populous, I played the 2nd game but that was it, and I barely understood it because I was too young.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've never even heard of The Movies tbh.

My experience with him is buying into the Black and White hype and then finding it boring. Then reading an article on "Project Ego" which later became Fable and being hyped into the stratosphere for it. Then buying it when it came out and being like "what?! What?!"

Then I bought Fable 2 in a bargain bin and played about half of it before just trading it back in. Now that I'm thinking about it I didn't actually play 3. Other than that I have just watched him huff his own farts in interviews and embarrass himself with Kinect and no sir, I don't like him.

Even just trying to look at those games objectively I can't stand the art style and find the gameplay and exploration super dull.

If nothing else he taught me to be really skeptical of big personalities and I haven't been duped much since.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am excited for Fable 4 because its being made by PlayGround Games, and Molyneux is not involved in anyway shape or form.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Molyneux's Theme Park was also pretty good at the time.

Speaking of theme park tycoon sims, Planet Coaster is on sale and if you're into tycoon building games and theme parks, it's very much worth picking up. It used to be on game pass.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Snacksmaniac posted:

I have the H3 disc too, and the previous games just show up in the main menu. They have all the enhancements released retrospectively.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I said come in! posted:

I don't know anyone who has played Populous, I played the 2nd game but that was it, and I barely understood it because I was too young.

I played Populus on the Amiga. It was good. The Movies was also very good (or at least I remember it as such) , it's basically theme hospital but with movies.

Black & White was where Molyneux really started the decline. Fable was let down by the hype but was a perfectly fine B game for when it was released, and 2 was a solid follow up. But that was like 15 years ago and everything since from him has been a boiling disaster.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Zachack posted:

... But that was like 15 years ago and everything since from him has been a boiling disaster.

You will speak no ill of Godus :colbert:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I played Fable 3 when I got it free and even I was disappointed. At first I just went around shaking everyone's hands and it was like the Skyrim of video games. Then money doesn't mean anything then it's super important then I get the super special sword that's powered by group sex then I die inside.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I said come in! posted:

I am excited for Fable 4 because its being made by PlayGround Games, and Molyneux is not involved in anyway shape or form.

I don't think Forza Horizon has a fart horn so I'm not sure Playground is up to the Fable task

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I played The Gunk for an hour and found the music really soothing, the writing pretty mediocre, the gameplay pretty basic (but it does control nicely), but overall it's good and if it is only 4-5 hours long I'll probably finish it. It's satisfying to suck the gunk up and there is something gratifying about making the place look pretty.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lammasu posted:

I played Fable 3 when I got it free and even I was disappointed. At first I just went around shaking everyone's hands and it was like the Skyrim of video games. Then money doesn't mean anything then it's super important then I get the super special sword that's powered by group sex then I die inside.

Well, I'm sold. Aside from the sword part this is pretty much a tale of my life.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fable 2 made me so mad when the first chest i opened was a advertisement for dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Fable 2 made me so mad when the first chest i opened was a advertisement for dlc

This was me at the camp in Dragon Age