Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It doesn't make sense to put Eternals before so many other things in my opinion - I feel like the Celestial appearing in the sky, addressing the people of Earth, then vanishing is a big-enough happening that it should be commented on in things set after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mage_Boy posted:

No Way Home at least starts before Hawkeye because (I haven't seen the movie so this spoiler is only trailer details but spoiled because it is release week and some people avoided the trailers.) There is a "Rogers: The Musical" billboard in the background of one scene but it is not winter yet. I'm not sure if the snow when they go to see Dr. Strange means time passed or it's just because Dr. Strange had a snowstorm in his house. This could make it end after Hawkeye.

I'm probably going to see Spider-Man early Saturday so I'll know if my trailer guess was correct then.

NWH takes place I'm going to guess in November. You still some Xmas stuff, but you also see Halloween decorations. its cold enough for jackets and sweaters, but there's no snow. then at the end where Peter goes to MJ after 2 weeks its snowing, so yea, i think its between Halloween and X-mas.

Hawkeye specifically takes place right before xmas.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hawkeye was originally going to take place two years after endgame, but late in production they changed their mind and it's now a year after endgame, maybe? The chronology of the MCU post endgame is a total mess.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So a lot of the scene between Kate and Yelena was improvised between the two of them.

Which just means to keep on putting them together.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Hawkeye was originally going to take place two years after endgame, but late in production they changed their mind and it's now a year after endgame, maybe? The chronology of the MCU post endgame is a total mess.

According to the MCU Wiki, so take it with a grain of salt?, Endgame takes place in October 2023, WandaVision in November, Shang-Chi in March and April 2024, FAWS in April and May, Far From Home in June and July and Hawkeye in December. Based on how they're dressed, Eternals appears to be in the fall and I guess No Way Home is too.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It was such a weird decision by Endgame to include such a big timeskip, and then have everything conclude after it, because the MCU prior to that taking place contemporary to whenever a film released was pretty straightforward and now every production has to clarify it's year and place compared to everything else. I hate it for other reasons too, but it just seems like a headache when considering audience clarity.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

It was such a weird decision by Endgame to include such a big timeskip, and then have everything conclude after it, because the MCU prior to that taking place contemporary to whenever a film released was pretty straightforward and now every production has to clarify it's year and place compared to everything else. I hate it for other reasons too, but it just seems like a headache when considering audience clarity.

It happened prior to Endgame too. Doctor Strange takes plus over months with no real indication of when exactly and the Guardian movies are vague too.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

tsob posted:

Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor are all supposed to take place during the same week, as reconfirmed by What If?…, so it’s always been a little screwy.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Codependent Poster posted:

So a lot of the scene between Kate and Yelena was improvised between the two of them.

Which just means to keep on putting them together.

shame they took 5 eps to get to something interesting like this

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

live with fruit posted:

It happened prior to Endgame too. Doctor Strange takes plus over months with no real indication of when exactly and the Guardian movies are vague too.

They kinda had to though, to avoid having to justify why other movie franchise characters don't intervene. I feel it's grown a lot more natural the last 5 years with how they actually include other characters when appropriate instead of break their backs to keep their reasons for being absent vague. Like Stranges appearance in Ragnarok, neato.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

live with fruit posted:

At least Guardians has the excuse of taking place so far away that the year doesn't matter at all (until Infinity War).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The watch is definitely going to belong to Clint's wife and is going to end up a total MacGuffin with no point except to just bring home the whole "family/career can't have both" theme/loop, right?

I can't think of another person it could belong to or any lasting impact beyond this arc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The watch is definitely going to belong to Clint's wife and is going to end up a total MacGuffin with no point except to just bring home the whole "family/career can't have both" theme/loop, right?

I can't think of another person it could belong to or any lasting impact beyond this arc.

I think there's an outside shot of it belonging to Kate or Maya's dad but yeah, most likely Mrs Barton.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

live with fruit posted:

The first scene of Guardians where Peter is abducted needs to be watched before Captain Marvel. Then you pause it and watch a bunch of other movies until the timeline catches up after Winter Soldier.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Gaz-L posted:

I think there's an outside shot of it belonging to Kate or Maya's dad but yeah, most likely Mrs Barton.

Clint would give zero fucks about the watch belonging to Kate or Maya's dad, though. He said if that watch ended up in the wrong hands someone that was out of the game could get hurt, and both of those people are dead.

EDIT: Unless it belongs to Old Man Steve and Clint wants to let everyone (including the villains that didn't go to the past and come back the slow way) think Steve Rogers is gone because as far as anybody that wasn't there might know Steve vanished into the past?

Does he show up in Falcon and Winter Soldier? I haven't watched that yet.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 17, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

nah

i assume it's some stark tech, dude loved making weapons

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

eke out posted:

nah

He's dead, though. And Tony was never "in the game" or under cover.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

EDIT: Unless it belongs to Old Man Steve and Clint wants to let everyone (including the villains that didn't go to the past and come back the slow way) think Steve Rogers is gone because as far as anybody that wasn't there might know Steve vanished into the past?

He doesn't. They also say that he is gone.

Besides, Cap didn't have an undercover identity working for SHIELD for decades and was not the type to wear a Rolex.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 17, 2021

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cap was a swatch man

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I mean it has to be someone Avengers-affiliated because they found it in the compound rubble

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean it has to be someone Avengers-affiliated because they found it in the compound rubble

Well, Laura Barton was "affiliated" with Avenger Clint Barton enough to have three children with him...

Take this with a caveat because I suck at fashion judgement, but the watch looks more like a man's style than a woman's style to me.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

yeah i mean maybe it's not some random piece of stark tech but i don't think tony being dead really has any effect on whether something like that might exist in the rubble of a compound destroyed while he was alive

i will say the way Laura is worried about it makes it seem more like that it might blow her/someone else's cover, not that it's a weapon

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’ll be Coulson’s and bring Agents of SHIELD into the MCU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

eke out posted:

nah

I figured it was that watch that turned into an entire Iron Man suit. Didn't Tony have that in either Civil War or Age of Ultron?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CornHolio posted:

I figured it was that watch that turned into an entire Iron Man suit. Didn't Tony have that in either Civil War or Age of Ultron?

That one looked different.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

CornHolio posted:

That doesn't really follow at all with the idea that the watch is connected to somebody who is alive, was working for SHIELD for decades, has been retired for a long time, and was undercover.

It was also a different brand of watch.

RatHat posted:

It’ll be Coulson’s and bring Agents of SHIELD into the MCU

Go to the movies tonight and you'll see that you're not too far off.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

cant cook creole bream posted:

That one looked different.

Yeah I found it, I think anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT22nYLaVbo&t=348s

definitely different but there's definitely precedent for crazy stuff to hide in watches.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The watch has Marsellus Wallace' soul in it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It would make sense if the watch was Iron Man nano tech or something to lead into Armor Wars in the future

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My bet is that it contains pictures of Clint in blackface.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Everyone posted:

Well, Laura Barton was "affiliated" with Avenger Clint Barton enough to have three children with him...

Take this with a caveat because I suck at fashion judgement, but the watch looks more like a man's style than a woman's style to me.

I think Laura even if it looks more like a man's watch. Could be a watch she got from her dad or grandfather, or she just liked the watch. It is vintage, so it's not necessarily the best indicator of who owned it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

My bet is that it contains pictures of Clint in blackface.

It was a different time!!!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Necrothatcher posted:

My bet is that it contains pictures of Clint in blackwidowface.

Natasha never quite forgave him, and Yelena definitely won't.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I watched BW like a month ago so I wasn't around for the discourse, but I feel like I missed out on a Yelena love-fest. People loved her just as much in the movie right?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

zoux posted:

I watched BW like a month ago so I wasn't around for the discourse, but I feel like I missed out on a Yelena love-fest. People loved her just as much in the movie right?

She is a far more interesting and entertaining actress than Scarlett.

Other than Her and Lost in Translation, I feel like every ScarJo performance has been pretty lifeless and it still kind of amazes me that she has been the highest paid woman in hollywood for a decade and consistently getting cast in A-List films for 20 years.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It felt amazing to see NO WAY HOME SPOILER!!!! Charlie Cox again, in his ruby horn-rims. I wasn’t prepared for how emotional I got seeing him, but I really loved Daredevil. But they even give them a really tight little scene with a great joke!

No spoilers but I cried twice, NWH is very good y’all

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Other than Her and Lost in Translation, I feel like every ScarJo performance has been pretty lifeless and it still kind of amazes me that she has been the highest paid woman in hollywood for a decade and consistently getting cast in A-List films for 20 years.

Just quietly replace her with Katheryn Winnick

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

zoux posted:

Yes

She and David Harbour are great in the movie

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I saw the spider movie.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

mutata posted:

I saw the spider movie.

Just got back from it and really enjoyed it. The final credits scene seemed to be a trailer for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that pretty much declared "Training wheels are off now, D-bitches. Sign up for Disney+ or be lost forever."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Everyone posted:

Just got back from it and really enjoyed it. The final credits scene seemed to be a trailer for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that pretty much declared "Training wheels are off now, D-bitches. Sign up for Disney+ or be lost forever."

In what sense? Cuz I'll bet the line referencing WandaVision in that trailer is literally the only time it gets mentioned and the multiverse stuff is already covered in Spider-Man.