Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Fame Douglas posted:

Electric vehicles absolutely aren't 2-4 times the weight, though. Also, considering all the heavy "recreational" trucks out there, this is a pretty laughable argument.

They demonstrably are environmentally better.

buying a used 90s civic is better for the environment than buying a new tesla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tesblah

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Business Gorillas posted:

if you want to see something 2-4 times the weight it was 20 years ago, call my ex-wife!!!!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

if you want to see something 2-4 times the weight it was 20 years ago, call my ex-wife!!!!

what's your record for touchdowns in a single game?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Having a chat in my friends group chat today and I'm going to ask the thread since we're stumped:

Have the Dems passed or done literally anything to help anyone since 2020?

yes, they passed bills spending money to help CIA agents and the Israeli military

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ELTON JOHN posted:

buying a used 90s civic is better for the environment than buying a new tesla

also you get a honda civic which is a way better car than some dumbfuck tesla

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

:respek:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Foo Diddley posted:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Foo Diddley posted:

amen to that, i say with my 2012 civic

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that thread seems good, I will be voting for the democrats!

Same tbh.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the only good thing I can think of is pulling out of Afghanistan, which trump probably would have done anyways

so uhhh, nothing from the house or the senate!

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 18:11 on Dec 17, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
trump had already tried to do so, but the generals refused to comply. he may not have succeeded in getting the people legally bound to obey his orders to obey his orders even with a second term. so, that's exactly one point in biden's favor.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

gay_crimes posted:

the only good thing I can think of is pulling out of Afghanistan, which trump probably would have done anyways

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

trump had already tried to do so, but the generals refused to comply. he may not have succeeded in getting the people legally bound to obey his orders to obey his orders even with a second term. so, that's exactly one point in biden's favor.

Trump also cared quite a lot about his perception in the media, while Biden does not (or perhaps isn't really capable of it anymore), so it's also possible that he'd have reversed course on a withdrawal in response to their criticism, given how astoundingly bloodthirsty they've demonstrated themselves to be

at the same time, that's only a hypothetical, so it's hard to discount Trump's contribution in negotiating the withdrawal or giving Biden full credit for begrudgingly staying the course

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trump would've made a big show of declaring to pull out and then not do anything like he did with all of his other big initiatives. It would've come to a head when the Taliban launched their offensive because we were breaking the agreement to withdraw.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
It's the end of the Dems as we know them
And I feel fine

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

LGD posted:

Trump also cared quite a lot about his perception in the media, while Biden does not (or perhaps isn't really capable of it anymore), so it's also possible that he'd have reversed course on a withdrawal in response to their criticism, given how astoundingly bloodthirsty they've demonstrated themselves to be

at the same time, that's only a hypothetical, so it's hard to discount Trump's contribution in negotiating the withdrawal or giving Biden full credit for begrudgingly staying the course

That's not Biden's call, personally.

We have a regency government without calling it that and really not wanting to talk about it too much. I doubt Biden makes any decisions, either day to day or more holistically. His job is to put a face to the regency agenda and to occasionally make a speech, and he's done that well enough.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Penisaurus Sex posted:

We have a regency government without calling it that and really not wanting to talk about it too much. I doubt Biden makes any decisions, either day to day or more holistically. His job is to put a face to the regency agenda and to occasionally make a speech, and he's done that well enough.

barack obama did that well, joe sucks at everything

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Explain what you mean by we have a regency government?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

petit choux posted:

Explain what you mean by we have a regency government?

Biden's infirm and I doubt he's making his own decisions.

That's all. It's a neat way to describe it instead of just saying he's addled and thinks he's living in 1953 and 1968 and 1977 all at once.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

... instead of just saying he's addled and thinks he's living in 1953 and 1968 and 1977 all at once.

Sure feels better that way. Seems like things just keep getting worse and we just get used to it. Let those ingrateful kids have their lousy future. They failed their ancestors, The Greatest Generation, and they can have what's coming to them for their sins. Eat Tide Pods In Hell!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Penisaurus Sex posted:

That's all. It's a neat way to describe it instead of just saying he's addled and thinks he's living in 1953 and 1968 and 1977 all at once.

ty, so you're referring to the Biden presidency and not the nature of the White House nowadays.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Eat Tide Pods In Hell you little bastards

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

petit choux posted:

ty, so you're referring to the Biden presidency and not the nature of the White House nowadays.

yeah the Biden admin in particular.

I think that all presidents since Nixon have had pretty narrow bands of autonomy but Bush/W./Obama/Clinton did have their own personal agency to exercise (and Trump, I guess when he could be bothered).

Biden very clearly doesn't even have that.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Everyone paying attention should have known it was going to be like this, even more so than it would have been in a Hillary presidency since she at least has the remnants of a personality.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
sneak preview of what will happen to the Dem vote in November 2022 from terf Island

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/...ingawful.com%2F

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
losing critical support in the north shopshire bloc

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Having a chat in my friends group chat today and I'm going to ask the thread since we're stumped:

By prolonging a plague they've given me a convenient excuse to avoid seeing family I don't like

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

they voted in the infrastructure bill, which will fix a few bridges. it won't fix all of the bridges, of course, or really do anything useful for the average person, but I guess technically it's a plus

of course, it's the kind of legislation that used to just get routinely passed and the Dems are acting like they passed a new New Deal and we should all be so excited and proud of them that some routine maintenance is (maybe) going to happen

i cant wait to see them get destroyed in 2022

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Joe Biden has become unstuck in time

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trump would've made a big show of declaring to pull out and then not do anything like he did with all of his other big initiatives. It would've come to a head when the Taliban launched their offensive because we were breaking the agreement to withdraw.

Yeah, Trump would've done his half-rear end charlatan grift of making a big show of a possibly cross-appeal popular decision and then quietly reversed it in the ensuing media debacle.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The fact that they threw half a trillion of continuing spending into the Big New Deal Infrastructure Bill to get their numbers up kind of tells you everything you need to know about that thing.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Terraplane posted:

they voted in the infrastructure bill, which will fix a few bridges. it won't fix all of the bridges, of course, or really do anything useful for the average person, but I guess technically it's a plus

of course, it's the kind of legislation that used to just get routinely passed and the Dems are acting like they passed a new New Deal and we should all be so excited and proud of them that some routine maintenance is (maybe) going to happen

Btw, the bill used up the remaining Covid funding that could been used for more useful immediate purposes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

For some reason it took Biden the better part of a year to restore Bears Ears and Grand Eacalante to their former size.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Ardennes posted:

Btw, the bill used up the remaining Covid funding that could been used for more useful immediate purposes.

Lmao, good thing we don't need to think about covid anymore

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Terraplane posted:

isn't it even smaller than obama's that was widely decried as inadequate, even by him

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Vomik posted:

losing critical support in the north shopshire bloc

not exactly uk politics knower but the guy can actually lose in the reddest labour strongholds possible in the north

the culmination of third way politics is the self-destruction to aid the right

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sharkie posted:

Joe Biden has become unstuck in time

Joe Biden in a debate, staring at his hand quizzically...in sharpie, "Not Penny's Boat"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Minecraft Holmes posted:

isn't it even smaller than obama's that was widely decried as inadequate, even by him

Biden's bill has $550 billion in new spending. Obama's bill had $787 billion in new spending.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Excelzior posted:

Joe Biden in a debate, staring at his hand quizzically...in sharpie, "Not Penny's Boat"

he has to press a button every ninety minutes or else student loans are eliminated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ex post facho posted:

sneak preview of what will happen to the Dem vote in November 2022 from terf Island

https://twitter.com/broseph_stalin/...ingawful.com%2F
Bullshit

Those are made up place names