Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't there a period where the Harrises owned a piece of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hearing the Live Action Fist of the North Star discussed cause of Vader on the latest Between the Sheets sure was a trip. Almost want to rewatch it and see if it's less bad than the Netflix Cowboy Bebop

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't there a period where the Harrises owned a piece of it?

Probably still do. They kept the company going in early 2016 and their company (Aroluxe) had 10% after the Anthem sale.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Lol at Dave and Bryan starting off the Tokyo Sports Awards talk by burying Great-O-Khan winning best technique.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I assumed Aroluxe got quietly bought out by Anthem at some point but can't actually find any evidence of it happening.

Arolucha just came back with a press release last week which shocked everyone in terms of "Arolucha is still a thing?" but it wasn't to announce new shows, just to say they found a new investor, or as their website call them "investers".

Not to be outdone by Global Force Gold, the entirety of the Arolucha shop is two types of CBD oil.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hearing the Live Action Fist of the North Star discussed cause of Vader on the latest Between the Sheets sure was a trip. Almost want to rewatch it and see if it's less bad than the Netflix Cowboy Bebop

The 90's Movie? It's bad movie but way more fun to watch than Netflix Cowboy Bebop.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
There was something off with Daniella Pinedo's performance that I couldn't quite place. She just sounded so fake and forced to me. Then it clicked on Friday hearing Lance talk about the pre-show for the Takeover that featured Denise Salcedo. It's the same problem, they both have YouTuber voice where they have to be at like 120% excitement level all the time and even when they talk about something negative, they keep that energy in their voice and as such it just comes across very inauthentic to me.

Also lol at whatever the gently caress that was with Vicious. Jet was good though. Totally deserved to be cancelled.

I don't have anywhere to put this either so RIP crown jewel of the Embassy, Jimmy Rave. Was kind of sad to me they didn't have more to say, and we had to get another 5 minutes covering Jon Huber's WWE career. Did Bryan already talk about Rave on WOL?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Bryan spoke about it on WOL I think but he had only found out during the WOL show. The impression I got from WOR was that Bryan had corresponded with Jimmy Rave recently and I think he didn’t want to talk too much about it. Could be because that personal connection makes it a bit too sad for Bryan to go into.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Oh wait did I forget to post that here?
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1470377971009703936

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I never felt more at one with the San Jose Steamroller when he lamented Dem Boys not being on Dynamite.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Briscoes def on my list of people I’d reform by having them go to alt right rallies to beat up nazis.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Briscoes def on my list of people I’d reform by having them go to alt right rallies to beat up nazis.

Nah, have Mark sit them down and cut a promo about how proper pronoun use is just being respectful and polite.

And if they talk back, THEN he can beat the poo poo out of them.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What was Dave’s take on the time limit draw? Instant top 10 of all time for me, is he still yet to award Danielson 5 stars?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Kenny vs Danielson got 5+ I think

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's true that danielson doesn't have a 5 star match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no it's not. This is something else i was lied to about. i got mixed up between the rating for that match and the rating for shingo vs ishii

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He didn't until this year.

They liked it said it was awesome and any complaints on the finish should be tempered by virtue of an hour match for free on TV

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given Dave's reaction I think it gets 4.75 to 5 but don't think it'll break the 5 star barrier

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
bryan/hangman got a star for every 12 minutes

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
That's inefficient, they could have easily had five 12 minute long matches with 3 stars each.

Gotta minmax the stars.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkkp6ymcYU0

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Hangman vs. Danielson got the full 5.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

blast0rama posted:

Hangman vs. Danielson got the 71.43%-full 5.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm starting B&V from the beginning and not skipping ahead because I want to hear Alvarez run the entire emotional wavelength from the effusive love and defense of Hangman/Danielson to raging over this turd-filling NXT show

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
drat, i didnt realiize bryans gone full grey already

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this is that 'danhausen' guy eh? .hmm...h..........m......... hate it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I haven't had a chance to listen yet but today's Talk is Jericho is an interview with Jimmy Rave. (Recorded in October, not an old one.)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 17, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
:(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Incessant Excess posted:

drat, i didnt realiize bryans gone full grey already

fatherhood and running an empire ages the chico

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Its grey hair dye.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

On the Everything Elite Podcast, one of the hosts lamented the TBS tournament but I think I missed the reason why. Does anyone know why the person soured on the tournament?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

STONE COLD 64 posted:

fatherhood and running an empire ages the chico

seven hours of wwe a week and 2 am shows with the steamroller cant help either

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

On the Everything Elite Podcast, one of the hosts lamented the TBS tournament but I think I missed the reason why. Does anyone know why the person soured on the tournament?

i think he (we) have mostly just reached the point where we're not going to frustrate ourselves wishing for them to get more than one match per show or adequate focus for rosa or riho or whatever. it's more of a resignation that this is what its gonna be, one match setup by the little pretaped promos every week for a second belt when the division really only gets enough time for one

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm starting B&V from the beginning and not skipping ahead because I want to hear Alvarez run the entire emotional wavelength from the effusive love and defense of Hangman/Danielson to raging over this turd-filling NXT show

His rant about the nxt characters last night was great and Vinny had a good minirant too

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The TBS belt really should have been tag belts just so they can put twice as many women on tv for a match

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

His rant about the nxt characters last night was great and Vinny had a good minirant too

Got some good Bryan voice cracks in the rant. Good stuff.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

The TBS belt really should have been tag belts just so they can put twice as many women on tv for a match

and then their less experienced women wouldnt have to carry a full 10 minute match by themselves all the time!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
AEW needs to have a named women's stable that isn't WrestleCrap, really.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

and then their less experienced women wouldnt have to carry a full 10 minute match by themselves all the time!

Agree on this too. There's a lot of good reasons it should have been a tag title, but I digress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should just have the winner go ‘im declaring this a tag title and x is my partner’