Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

I didn't read it as them disliking each other. There were some personalities that clashed before The Thing showed up, but that's just guys being guys. One of the many reasons that movie is so great is that it accurately depicts how men behave when there isn't a woman to be seen for thousands of miles, both before and during a crisis. Not so much afterwards, as, uh... Check it out if you've somehow never seen it.

but there's no gay orgy in this movie... ? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God, why did we have to get the banal cyberpunk dystopia without the superhero drugs and hologram prostitutes?

Its kind of impressive how accurate Black Mirror has been over the years.
Still waiting on killer robot bees though.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Turpitude II posted:

but there's no gay orgy in this movie... ? :confused:

Turns out that is what The Thing was a metaphor for. John Carpenter is/was homophobic.

Death of the Author!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The book is pretty homoerotic though.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
🔥🐐🔥

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Modern Urban Planning be like

pre:
this is Freedom           this is Communism

this benefits retail      this scares people away from the city

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo :lmao:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

:chanpop:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nOq7oH3vvE

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God, why did we have to get the banal cyberpunk dystopia without the superhero drugs and hologram prostitutes?

I guess they still need development time. They aren't even ready to show off the virtual Zuck from the front.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Well I didn't think I would ever dislike anything pangolin related but here we are

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I'm sorry, but I'm too slow/careful/stupid/tasteless to understand this meme format. Could you repost using rage faces?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

so true!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zero One posted:

I guess they still need development time. They aren't even ready to show off the virtual Zuck from the front.

Because it's too animated and lifelike?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
*picturing a writhing mass of worms and tentacles* uh, yeah. I guess...

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Phy posted:

Because it's too animated and lifelike?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey, so what was with the recent reddit/rage comics that could be summed up as evidence of untreated schizophrenia?

I remember one of them referencing Solomon's seal and demons using the internet to "speak without being spoken to" (?)

every time I see one of em, I always spend way too much time trying to figure them out

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Dec 17, 2021

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm in this picture and I don't like it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

:hmmyes:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Dec 17, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

rodbeard posted:

I'm in this picture and I don't like it.

Are you Henry Mamoa or Jason Cavill?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Are you Henry Mamoa or Jason Cavill?

I bet he's the blurry man with a beard in profile immediately behind mamoa

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Hey, so what was with the recent reddit/rage comics that could be summed up as evidence of untreated schizophrenia?

I remember one of them referencing Solomon's seal and demons using the internet to "speak without being spoken to" (?)

every time I see one of em, I always spend way too much time trying to figure them out

I know exactly what you're talking about but I never know what they're called or where they come from, or even if they're real and not just a fever dream

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

People actually believe this :rolleyes:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The overarching clade is generally referred to as "schizoposting" and I think the branch yall are referring to is "I hate the antichrist"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

You... have to figure them out..?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Most of the ones you've seen or are thinking of were made by this guy: https://www.reddit.com/user/SirLulzingtonEsquire/

There's a r/he_comes subreddit that he started where a lot of people try to make their own versions but none of them are anywhere as good as the original

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Duck Tales! uwu

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

YES! :rock:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

i'm loving crying why is this so funny

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

gently caress.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Always in the meme thread.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Crustashio posted:

i'm loving crying why is this so funny

Both me and my 7yo son love it. It's just tops.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Star The Clone Wars Wars

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Do y'all think Nancy Reagan really was awesome at sucking dick, or if things were just different back then? Like "Gee willikers! This gal is using my privates like she would a toothbrush and I think that's swell!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What do you mean “back then” and how did you get in my bedroom last week?