Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Got my pizza code, entered successfully in MogZone, but haven't got an in game message or redemption (after a logout) for maybe a couple hours now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I've been #1 in queue for 10 minutes. the 2002 is right there, I know it's just giving me false hope

e: I got in right after I said that lol

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Anybody who's fantasia'd into a man bun and liking it? I've messed around a bit in the character creator but I haven't found a design that really grabbed me, and I'm apprehensive about potential hat impairment.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I gotta say, I like the current spread of Expert dungeons. Just engaging enough without straying into cheapness. 2nd boss of the final story dungeon can get gnarly, but that's about it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

isk posted:

I gotta say, I like the current spread of Expert dungeons. Just engaging enough without straying into cheapness. 2nd boss of the final story dungeon can get gnarly, but that's about it

Visually, they’re some of the best dungeons they’ve ever made as well.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Good lord. Got the cutscene after the level 90 dungeon and immediately logged off. I think I need to sit on that for a moment.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Also one of them is The Twinning 2.0 in terms of music which helps.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hey! Does anyone know what time it is?

It's 6:10:50, motherfuckers!

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Or a file name to look for with ffxiv explorer, that'd be legit

It is apparently BGM_EX4_Event_06. :)

The first Zone 6 song is BGM_EX4_Field_Ult_Day01 if you want that too.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Nephrite posted:

It is apparently BGM_EX4_Event_06. :)

The first Zone 6 song is BGM_EX4_Field_Ult_Day01 if you want that too.

Thank yooooouu!

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Yay, I beat Endwalker! I changed my sleep schedule to go to sleep and wake up way earlier than usual so I could dodge the queues, and it worked out and got me through without that much of an issue (though I do feel tired all the time now, so I'm looking forward to some rest, much like our WoL)

Had a blast in general and glad that, despite mostly giving up on MMORPGs, I stuck with this game to the end.

Here are some random thoughts:

Trials were super dope with tons of cool effects, like the planet colliding move and the whole fake-out death with Meteion, and everyone showing up to help in the Altiascope (which is also dependent on who is in your party) and...everything, jeez.

I usually dislike it when RPGs go too big, making the final boss be a god or the concept of despair made manifest or what-have-you: just feels silly and actually less worrisome than a smaller scale villain. For example, I didn't like it when FF9 did this in the end. However, I think this game is an exception since it kind of makes it feel natural from how much time this game has been going and how attached and built-up everything has been that it totally makes sense that yes, we need to go Tengen Toppa punch this god out.

That being said, I do feel like Meteion wasn't the strongest villain since they were kind of only introduced here, while the other villain of Fandaniel/Amon/Hermes got a bit diluted/unfocused from being so many people and motives? I liked it in the end, but it did feel a little bit, I dunno, made-up or not built-up enough.

Not specific to this expac, but I feel bad for anyone not playing a tank. I love being a tank because it just fits with our role in the story so much: charging ahead as a vanguard and all that. Though I'll admit that I think dancer would be a good one for this expac: the strongest power is done through emotion, after all!

I like how the actions our hero can take in cutscenes has improved. We've gone from just standing there like an idiot, to doing generic non-role-specific actions like giving aether to charge up a beam or a spirit bomb/axe, to straight up fist-fighting!

I don't feel like I hated Zenos as much as the game wanted me to. Don't get me wrong, he's a bastard, but all of the dialogue options, including when he shows up and helps at the end, are all very negative (again, understandably). I at least wanted to maybe banter with him a bit, you know, "feel like changing sides?" when he came to help and such. Why does Meteion get a friendship nuke and not him? At least I was able to agree/indulge him at the end, as a fellow fight lover.

Speaking of Meteion, I felt like the friendship nuke/flower bomb happened a bit too early, and would prefer it to happen after the trial boss. Felt weirdly paced, as with the flower bomb we kind of 'defeat' her, but then we go right back into despair despair despair to then defeat her all over again. I kind of get it now as it was due to her having sisters I guess, but it just felt a bit peculiar.

I'm so bad at recognizing voices and I felt so bad during that final walk past the ghosts to Meteion, only recognizing a token few. Please, please just give me nametags for the voices from the past! I wanna know who they were exactly! It doesn't help that a lot of voice actors have changed during the game as well.

I want more fun duties like Thancred Gear Solid and the survival horror bodyjacking event: while they are a little silly, I found they were a great change of pace. That being said, I feel bad for anyone who died during the bodyjacking, as I feel it was a very risky event in terms of game design: if you go through it fine without dying, it's awesome, but if you die, it'd probably kill the magic and just make it super frustrating.

Really surprised to see so much optional characters show up (or rather, not show up) in scenes. Class trainers that I've done, like Monk, showed up for me in some assemblies but not for my friend since they didn't train that class, and of course various characters like Alpha and Omega and the Void Ark and so on showing up in the end only if you've done the content. Pretty crazy stuff! Feel bad for anyone that speedruns just main story.

I always feel bad for the final zones in this game. Places like Ultima Thule and Azys Lla are so neat, but since they're so high level they barely have anyone around since what is there to do there after all? Well, at least a low population does fit the gloomy nature of most of them.

Oh, we need to go and collect some refined adamantite from a ruin? Sounds like a fun dungeon to me! Oh, you're going to get everyone else to help instead? Ok, that's very nice, but surely there is one ruin in particular that's hard and requires us personally, yes? No? You just want to carry boxes and talk to scientists while really awkward heroic music plays over and over? Uh...are you sure?

Urianger is the best.

When Alisae was crying over us recovering at the end, I wish I could've patted her head and called her our crybaby, just to have her punch me in the gut.

Loporrits were great, and I like how the entire expansion was summed up by Cookingway after eating a lemon muffin.

I love my Gunbreaker, and I think Sage is really neat! Meanwhile, I feel like some of the other classes like Reaper, Monk, Summoner, Dark Knight and such aren't quite what I wanted: a bit of a case where I feel like some of the classes are getting balanced/polished down so much that they become quite bland and interchangable with no unique flavor: too smooth with no fun skill ceiling to strive for. Maybe overreacting.

The music was dope, especially both walking segments (Venat walking through time and us walking to the end).

And here are some screenshots!

Yes, I wear the helmet all the time. Yes, it does make cutscenes rather...interesting.

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 18, 2021

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Zone 5 Spoilers:

When we get the signal from space and Meteion starts panicking that there was something really bad but before you chase her down to learn what it was I was like "hmm something bad and evil in space noticed her and that led to something bad and evil being underground that killed the Ancients? LAVOS! LAVOS! LAVOS! LAVOS!

Also I've started doing some earlier content with my neighbour Quentin Tarantino, here's a screenshot:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

dammit Urianger, how many times must we teach you this lesson?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Pwnstar posted:

LAVOS! LAVOS! LAVOS! LAVOS!

They really need to give us a Chrono Trigger raid series already.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How should I be levelling Miner from 80-90?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
hit the bricks (rocks)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Leves and Studium quests are prosperously fast.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hahaha what the Saint says in the starlight event about belts.

the fabled things that, when tried to recall, are only a silhouette as if they were before a bright glare. Belts got memory holed.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Also GC daily delivery.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bless their little hearts, the Loporrits are trying to trick us.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Post-game rewards question: Argos seems to haul rear end across Mor Dhona. Is he bugged or something? Did they increase flight speed in the old world ARR zones?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thundarr posted:

Grand Company deliveries are easy for a few million xp a day, too. Automatically give HQ levels.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Anybody who's fantasia'd into a man bun and liking it? I've messed around a bit in the character creator but I haven't found a design that really grabbed me, and I'm apprehensive about potential hat impairment.

I thought I would be all-in on playing a bunboy because of how androgynous and smexy they are, but it turned out that I've spent so much time identifying with my character that switching to a male viera gave me like, visceral gender dysphoria. Their faces are really androgynous, and they are pretty slim, but their mannerisms and physiques are still pretty masculine and I guess my stupid trans heart couldn't take it lol.

Now I just admire bunboys in 1st person mode.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I wasn't sure if it would stick, since I was switching from a big beefy hrothgar, but I really like my bunny boy a lot. They have nice animations, and you can give them a good Amano-style face.

Ended up sticking with it through the whole Endwalker MSQ, so I guess I'm gonna keep it! My only complaint is that they can't wear the elemental armor helmet. Just cut some holes for the ears, it'd be fine.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Level up gatherers with white collectible turnins, crafters with leves. GC is good for both as well.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

derra posted:

Level up gatherers with white collectible turnins, crafters with leves. GC is good for both as well.

Honestly, I'd say the opposite. I got Weaver from 80-87 making just the level 81 collectable with the ilvl 500 gear very quickly. Getting to 90 took just a couple hours, counting the time I took to go gathering instead of just buying the mats and the cutscenes from when I stopped at 87 to do the Studium turn-ins.

Maybe just doing the simple level 80 leve for the cloth would have worked out similarly? I'll have to try that with Goldsmith if they have a similar quest.

Meanwhile, doing the leves for Miner took way less time and I didn't have to worry about timed spawns and regenerating GP. Botanist was ridiculously fast since I did it with the Studium. I think I used a total of 8 leve quests for it?

derra
Dec 29, 2012
You need the white scrip for legendary books anyway, you get lots of gathering collectibles constantly and they give good xp.

On the crafting side you can plan ahead and get all the mats to boost straight to 90. At this point I’m pentamelded but I literally collected and crafted leve turnins for my wife and friend to go from 80 to 90 in a profession, took less than an hour for each. Crafting in my ShB gear was slower but not that much so.

If you are going over cap and really don’t want to turn in a crafting leve sure do a gathering one, they aren’t bad, but they’re not really worth the opportunity cost of not doing a crafter leve.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Does the guard at the Garlean Embassy in Kugane have anything new to say after the story's over? Having an embassy at all by that point seems kind of incongruous but weirder things have happened in RL politics so I guess its not that crazy.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Does the guard at the Garlean Embassy in Kugane have anything new to say after the story's over?
Sadly, neither the Garlean nor the Thavnairian Embassy guards have updated their dialogue since Stormblood, and that carries through to post-Endwalker.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

hopeandjoy posted:

/pizza is an individual character emote so rip if you have alts, you need to choose a favorite child.

all mogstation emotes and outfits should be account-wide, what is squenix doing

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

all mogstation emotes and outfits should be account-wide, what is squenix doing

/pizza is not a mogstation emote. Not that that changes the overall principle, but yeah.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I mean it's an emote that you redeem in the cash shop using a code that you acquired by spending real money
even if you spent the real money on real pizza
same for that butterfinger chocolate korpokkur

e: I probably wouldve gone against my own better judgement and bought some $20bux mogstation outfits by now if they still worked on alts

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 18, 2021

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

derra posted:

You need the white scrip for legendary books anyway, you get lots of gathering collectibles constantly and they give good xp.

On the crafting side you can plan ahead and get all the mats to boost straight to 90. At this point I’m pentamelded but I literally collected and crafted leve turnins for my wife and friend to go from 80 to 90 in a profession, took less than an hour for each. Crafting in my ShB gear was slower but not that much so.

If you are going over cap and really don’t want to turn in a crafting leve sure do a gathering one, they aren’t bad, but they’re not really worth the opportunity cost of not doing a crafter leve.

Doing the Studium with max rewards gave me enough white scrips for all of the books for Botanist, though I did have to do collectable turn-ins for Miner (I could have saved myself most of a book if I hadn't spent the extra scrips from the Studium on Cordials). I just did that while in between the timers for the purple scrip collectables to get the Miner 570 gear since I got the Botanist gear with custom deliveries. (I'm a casual crafter/gatherer and don't go for pentamelded gear, though I've been thinking of going for at least the accessories this expansion.)

As for the cost of a gatherer leve vs. a crafter one, I don't think the crafter ones are worth that much more for leveling. Making and turning in the level 81 collectable craft gives a ton of XP, so it's not like you're missing out by doing that instead of leves.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Onean posted:

As for the cost of a gatherer leve vs. a crafter one, I don't think the crafter ones are worth that much more for leveling. Making and turning in the level 81 collectable craft gives a ton of XP, so it's not like you're missing out by doing that instead of leves.

Basicly comes down to what's obtainable. Collectables are ~1.5mil each (depending on level) and give scrip, HQ leves are 3-4mil total. If you fins a collectable you can easily get the mats for and craft good enough it'll be easier, same if a leve tier is particularly friendly.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

This is the spreadsheet I worked off of for powerleveling my crafters/gatherers to 90 on the first weekend of early access: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13OAM-DfpTYsJn5bUFG_io7qFhcWuYYiGhqMgMGsQERw/htmlview?pru=AAABfb_88pw*2GZgaqY8c_VgKGEjlbDkuA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

HackensackBackpack posted:

Hey! Does anyone know what time it is?

It's 6:10:50, motherfuckers!

it's like all your namedays have come at once!

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Apparently when I came back and had to rebuild all my hotbars from scratch, I completely missed the existence of Sonic Break on my Gunbreaker, so I just haven't been using it. Whoops. Oh well, just one more minute cooldown No Mercy only skill to cram on the bar somewhere.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

We're going north! To Garlemald!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

After a really tremendously garbage stretch of work that kept me away, I'm on vacation! It's time to (Let's) Play some Heavensward! And I'm sure it will be very uplifting and positive content that won't in any way put my mentally and emotionally exhausted self through the ringer.