Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Also WYSIWYG is bullshit, build for what looks cool to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Imho the halberd and shield version looks better - in general I prefer OBR models in full armor+helmet combo. Also if you are not playing in tournaments just convert what you want - just tell your opponent the hell is going on with your army

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Cowards at GW need to make stormvermin and plague monks 20/60

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah when the OBR battleforce box comes in tomorrow? I'll build my second set of these with the shields. These were such a pain, I don't think I'd want to build these specific ones again for some time.

How many can I have in an army anyway? Are there no squad limits? (I haven't finished reading the rules yet, just the OBR codex)

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

There's was a 4chan rumor of a full rework of the old Skaven models for next year or early 2023, like the one they are going to do with Eldar in 40k.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah when the OBR battleforce box comes in tomorrow? I'll build my second set of these with the shields. These were such a pain, I don't think I'd want to build these specific ones again for some time.

How many can I have in an army anyway? Are there no squad limits? (I haven't finished reading the rules yet, just the OBR codex)

As many as you can fit while having the appropriate number of Battleline and staying under Leader caps.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Also WYSIWYG is bullshit, build for what looks cool to you.

Is WYSIWYG still a thing, or is it just "as long as the different models are distinct from one another, you're fine"?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Talas posted:

There's was a 4chan rumor of a full rework of the old Skaven models for next year or early 2023, like the one they are going to do with Eldar in 40k.

Gw has been rolling through all the old ranges and updating them one by one. Necrons, Orks Soulblight, Chaos Space Marines and Slaves to Darkness have gotten the treatment so I expect they will get to all of the old ranges eventually.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

AnEdgelord posted:

Gw has been rolling through all the old ranges and updating them one by one. Necrons, Orks Soulblight, Chaos Space Marines and Slaves to Darkness have gotten the treatment so I expect they will get to all of the old ranges eventually.

Slaves is a mega weird one because we got a new starter box and some new units and sculpts, but they never released new sculpts for a bunch of units IN the starter box.

eta: To be specific, the Chaos Warriors you can buy in a separate box are still the lil potty pose grumpymans, as opposed to the more outlandish and posed ones in the Start Collecting

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There is no hard limit outside of point limit however - you still need to fill out battline (3 units at 2k and general slot). Also you don't wantm ore than 3 in single suqad since they are 1 reach and won't be able to attack if you take more than 3. However immortis guards are 2 reach and you could slap 6 into a single squad

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

Slaves is a mega weird one because we got a new starter box and some new units and sculpts, but they never released new sculpts for a bunch of units IN the starter box.

eta: To be specific, the Chaos Warriors you can buy in a separate box are still the lil potty pose grumpymans, as opposed to the more outlandish and posed ones in the Start Collecting

I know they did the same thing with CSM and seem to have realized that was a bad idea before they did the Necron update. I dont think they're gonna do that again.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Yeah, very strange. Hopefully more stuff is in the eventual future for both my Chaos bois (and girls in AoS)

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Winklebottom posted:

the fyreslayer lizards

e: kinda baffled that they haven’t given fyreslayers more fire critters. Would break up the monotony of naked guys with mohawks

If the rumors are true (and based on the little previews GW has been putting out, they seem to be on the money), they're getting a new cavalry unit in the upcoming Idoneth vs Fyreslayers box that is supposedly a dwarf riding some sort of monster.

Totally agree though, Fyreslayers feel like one of those forgotten armies that has fun rules and tons of potential but only a couple kits that all look the same (and only two non-hero units actually worth taking). Also the poses are pretty bad / static / unnatural, so I've always wondered if they were one of the first armies that got designed when everything switched to CAD.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

AnEdgelord posted:

I know they did the same thing with CSM and seem to have realized that was a bad idea before they did the Necron update. I dont think they're gonna do that again.

They just did it again with the new ork boyz.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Cowards at GW need to make stormvermin and plague monks 20/60

make plague monks decent again so i can fulfill my dream of a counts-as clan pestilens army using human nurgle cultists

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Business Gorillas posted:

make plague monks decent again so i can fulfill my dream of a counts-as clan pestilens army using human nurgle cultists

Even after the nerf plague monks weren't terrible, with a prayer and on the charge they were 4 attacks at 3/3, 2" reach, exploding 6s on wounds. You could absolutely puke dice on your opponent and kill pretty much anything you pointed them at. But being reduced to 30, and only in a pestilins army, they just aren't even worth fielding anymore. What sucks even more is that you could stick curse on a plague furnace and be a mortal wound wrecking ball but there isn't enough bodies to make it work.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

I remember the older, all-the-same-pose Chaos Warriors being such a cool new release back in the day. I have just yesterday been gifted an old box of 20 or so of them by a mate (assembled, half painted, mold lines left on) and by god they don't hold up to the new SC box sculpts. Same basic design precepts, but smaller, softer detail and so much less dynamic. A little worried about how well they will mesh together on the table, although the right base sizes may help.

However I also got given a classic-sculpt Archaon on his rearing horse, which will make an absolutely perfect 'lord on daemonic mount'.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mikey Purp posted:

They just did it again with the new ork boyz.

Despite buying that exact box I somehow completely forgot about this.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
If anyone's looking for the new Maggotkin stuff and/or Stomcast dragons cheap they're all in my SA Mart thread. If not, you have just witnessed a foul and vile act of self-promotion.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Does/ did GW or Citadel ever produce something that could act as a good DnD stand in for a Gnome Bard?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

If anyone's looking for the new Maggotkin stuff and/or Stomcast dragons cheap they're all in my SA Mart thread. If not, you have just witnessed a foul and vile act of self-promotion.

How exactly are you getting the Nurgle stuff over a week before it even ships for anyone else?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Ughh it's such a good deal, but I just made a big warhammer purchase I don't feel right getting any of that.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Does/ did GW or Citadel ever produce something that could act as a good DnD stand in for a Gnome Bard?

Not really. This halfling drummer from 1992 is probably the closest you'll get.

Reaper and WizKids are a better bet. WizKids has a couple of gnome bards at least.

There's probably a bunch of STL files out there as well, if you have access to a 3D printer.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I came across the Wizkids stuff but the size appears to be smaller- I found a shop on Etsy that has an okay looking one. I’ll have to go that route unless I can get our 3d printer running. Thanks!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah I came across the Wizkids stuff but the size appears to be smaller- I found a shop on Etsy that has an okay looking one. I’ll have to go that route unless I can get our 3d printer running. Thanks!

Yeah, I think Wizkids are 25mm scale while Warhammer is 28/32mm, so if the rest of your minis are WH scale, Wizkids will be on the smaller side.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.
Is it pretty normal for GW to be a shitshow with shipping? I've only ordered twice but one showed up with the wrong paints - then the right ones appeared randomly 6 weeks later but the delivered notification was for my nurgle preorder that shouldn't have even shipped yet.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Capri Sunrise posted:

Is it pretty normal for GW to be a shitshow with shipping? I've only ordered twice but one showed up with the wrong paints - then the right ones appeared randomly 6 weeks later but the delivered notification was for my nurgle preorder that shouldn't have even shipped yet.

It is normal for literally everywhere and everyone to be a shitshow with shipping right now.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

GW is above and beyond the average for the current shitshow. It's taking weeks/months for stuff to even get out of the warehouse.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

In a (at least for me) surprising and welcome twist, two books for WFRP 4ed and two for Soulbound make it onto bestseller list from drivethru rpg https://www.geeknative.com/137624/t...AkKW0HUFUUJkyQI

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

My battleforce shipped after 2 days of ordering it :shrug:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Shipping seems like it's a coin toss, I'm in Mexico and Harrowdeep was in my hands in like 3 days after shipping while my dragons just arrived yesterday :confused:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve had super fast shipping and really long shipping; I’ve had fast and slow shipments for stuff both new and old, common and obscure. There is no rhyme or reason; Tzeentch runs their warehouses.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I pre-ordered the Black Templar releases. They just showed up this last weekend.

It really is a coin toss

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Talas posted:

We can really only trace the legitimacy of these by looking at what other rumors they're paired with and this just seems deeply unlikely to me. iirc this post also said seraphon are getting new models at the same time (agrieved oldhammer wish fulfillment alarm bells automatically went off for these two) and also said bonereapers were getting a new book (with two new units we haven't sene hide nor hair of) by the end of January, which is an impossibility at this rate

I'd be ecstatic if my Skaven got a refresh but it feels like one of those model lines GW is just sort of "done" with, barring a new hero every few years

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Absolutely no way Bonereapers get a book before Idoneth.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The rumors I saw were an Idoneth vs Fyreslayer box (which based on rumor engine stuff seems all but confirmed at this point) with a new Idoneth book, followed by Ossiarchs getting a new book and a couple new units, which would make sense given their Underworlds box introduced two new potential units.

I could see Skaven vs Seraphon being a battle box or the next Dominion-style starter set eventually - both ranges have some great, modern centerpiece kits but also a bunch of battleline / elite unites that are really showing their age or aren't available in plastic, which seem like prime targets for the battle boxes they've been doing. They're both fan-favorite armies and a box with new Skinks / Saurus Guard / Clanrats would probably be a huge seller.

They seem to be slowly working through all of the older ranges and updating them, and there's not a ton of stuff that desperately needs it at this point. Other than Skaven and Seraphon, it's probably what, CoS and BoC that are most in need of a referesh?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whewwwwwww my store just got their shipment of Holga Clovenhorn in, beyond stoked. This is gonna lead down the rabbit hole of getting that Slaves To Darkness big box for sure.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
When Skaven get new stuff, I imagine that new Eshin or Skyre stuff to be front of the list. The basic clan rat box is still pretty good but Eshin Night Runners and friends are old as hell. That old monkey-skaven look is rough. Skyre Acolytes may as well be a sign pointing to 3D printers.

Still, I'd bet my warp stone on Eshin getting a fresh go. I'd love to see the Eshin Triads come over from Total Warhammer 2.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

whewwwwwww my store just got their shipment of Holga Clovenhorn in, beyond stoked. This is gonna lead down the rabbit hole of getting that Slaves To Darkness big box for sure.

Not trying to add to your troubles man, but the Slaves to Darkness SC box is absolutely sick. I'm just finishing details off on the chaos warriors, terrific models, and about to start the knights. They're so drat good that comparable multi-part kits would be a pre-order purchase for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Floppychop posted:

GW is above and beyond the average for the current shitshow. It's taking weeks/months for stuff to even get out of the warehouse.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

My battleforce shipped after 2 days of ordering it :shrug:
When it comes to new releases, they are able to ship in a normal time frame, but anything else is all hosed up. My LGS for example got the battleforces and maggotkin stuff right on time, but GW took over 3 weeks to fill their restock order.