Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

part of what makes it so bad is that the wig is loving platinum white, which isn't even vicious' hair color in the anime, he has grey hair. it looks obviously fake because it's a shade you only get from dye or a wig in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Good wigs are really hard and expensive, yes. A lot of producers don't put enough money into them because when they're done well, you don't even realize they're wigs. So they figure wigs aren't actually that big a deal and skimp. A good wig designer is as important to a show as the costume designer.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"We don't have to deal with that!" Is one of the best jokes he has ever done.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Jessie Gender spends nearly three hours looking at sex in Star Trek and how very horny Gene Roddenberry was, both in real life and in his work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxqQwAVEbM8

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Jim Cant Swim has a Christmas episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThUc_Xjc0Ss

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Violet_Sky posted:

Oh this FAWKIN guy

Imagine a list of bad attributes. Hold on to it in your head. Then watch as this man ticks off every single one

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The YouTube algorithm spat this out into my recommends, and I've fallen down this particular rabbit hole.

It's a guy who repairs and restores vintage watches, and narrates the videos, explaining what's going on, while also providing some additional context like how the particular type of watch works, how the parts fit into each other, a quick talk about watches made in that particular era, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WristwatchRevival/videos

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr.Radar posted:

Jessie Gender spends nearly three hours looking at sex in Star Trek and how very horny Gene Roddenberry was, both in real life and in his work:

Gene Roddenberry musta had game on a level even Pete Davidson would be jealous.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 18, 2021

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
The Flash In The Pan Xmas special is live! We talk about holiday episodes from Eddsworld, Decline of Video Gaming, and On The Moon. And also a staggeringly racist music video. Fun times!

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1470556245614604289

weird, did I miss something

(after reading this I did realise I never actually heard about or from her for like nearly 4 years now)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She made a tweet about the film Liquorice Pizza and Twitter did the twitter thing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

edogawa rando posted:

The YouTube algorithm spat this out into my recommends, and I've fallen down this particular rabbit hole.

It's a guy who repairs and restores vintage watches, and narrates the videos, explaining what's going on, while also providing some additional context like how the particular type of watch works, how the parts fit into each other, a quick talk about watches made in that particular era, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/c/WristwatchRevival/videos
wristwatch revival is run by Marshall Sutcliffe, also known for Limited Resources, a popular MTG podcast. Day9 often mentions marshall's wristwatch channel because it's one of his ways to relax after streaming.

speaking of day9, before he got on his recent Age of Empires 4 addiction, he scratch-built an MTG deck that, while it didn't necessarily work all the time, when it did work, it was the perfect example of why I love MTG: you can Rube Goldberg a bunch of garbage together and make an incredibly effective stupid gimmick work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdyyX9X7Vvw&hd=1

in this case, it's all about spawning a million critters, then instagibbing them all with Meathook Massacre, which then gatlings your opponent to death instantly

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Acerbatus posted:

"We don't have to deal with that!" Is one of the best jokes he has ever done.

The split second Star Citizen NFT joke with Campbell Lane and his metaphor involving the Sentinel Island Tribe using power armour and nukes had me rolling.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Pachylad posted:

https://twitter.com/merrittk/status/1470556245614604289

weird, did I miss something

(after reading this I did realise I never actually heard about or from her for like nearly 4 years now)

Well you might have missed Merritt being semi-canceled for being an abuser, but other than that, idk

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
What did Merritt do, again? I remember there was that person who made jewelry from human bone that also got called out and vanished, and they were collaborators on stuff.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Violet_Sky posted:

Worth noting that if you ever lived with an abuser this video is tremendously disturbing :stare:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Arc Hammer posted:

She made a tweet about the film Liquorice Pizza and Twitter did the twitter thing.

Well you made be go look now and it's seems like Anita's standard "very basic statements about how something is problematic" with an added dash of "Is it okay to depict something problematic without signaling it's bad to the audiences? [Inviting a nuanced digression into how people will miss subtle signals and just latch onto the surface monstrosity twitter as a format can never accommodate]"?

Is there not another Bean Dad social media could get worked up about instead?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Yeah, there was nothing wrong with the Sarkeesian tweets. Film bro culture is just the loving worst if you say anything slightly critical of a director like PTA.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

DoctorWhat posted:

What did Merritt do, again? I remember there was that person who made jewelry from human bone that also got called out and vanished, and they were collaborators on stuff.

https://twitter.com/slimedaughter/status/901180217519202304?s=21

MK is Merritt K, AA is Anna Anthropy, don’t know who the third is. Merritt’s also got a history of bi-erasure and being lovely to non-binary people and using her position as an editor at Fanbyte to try to get queer people fired.

https://ibb.co/album/GvR5kc is a collection of screenshots of people speaking about how she treated them

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Anita's "problem" was just that it was very 101 type stuff, that's about it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Yeah, there was nothing wrong with the Sarkeesian tweets. Film bro culture is just the loving worst if you say anything slightly critical of a director like PTA.

why do people keep saying this, I'm in some pretty ~FiLm BrO~ kinda circles and nobody gives a poo poo about PTA. Like, yea he's a good director but he's super not one of the ones those guys go to the mats for, you can't just say anyone going 'you seem to genuinely not understand in this scene the white guy being racist about his wife being treated as totally normal is in fact the entire point of the scene and thus a very obvious criticism of how people behaved in the time' is some insane ride or die Magnolia head summoned to war!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I looked through the replies and qts to the original tweet, and it was filled with incredibly dismissive and insulting assholes talking about how she's an idiot who doesn't understand movies and racism isn't real/doesn't matter. Very few people actually engaging with her point or saying that Anderson was in fact framing the racism in a negative light.

And anecdotal evidence and all. It's cool your film bro friends don't care about PTA, but I've seen plenty on that thread and other places online where they throw out the usual "you just don't understand art" posts when hearing anyone say maybe there was a part of one of his movies they didn't like.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
porpentine is a weirdo who threw down for her pedophile friend. this conversation is a mess and all these people are freaks that should have been forgotten about 5 years ago.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the first mistake was attributing any kind of weight or value to these peoples opinions in the first place. the second mistake was allowing any of these people to interact with each other bc now you have to drag out the cork board and red strings to explain exactly why everyone hates each other

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
who is porpentine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

whenever i see the words "film bro" they're always followed by a bunch of words that make my eyes glaze over and my ears ring, don't know whats up with that

fun hater
May 24, 2009

endocriminologist posted:

who is porpentine

the twitter linked above, slimedaughter

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

please do anything that isn't twittter.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's Christmas, so Civvie talks the 2013 Rise of the Triad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPcdUMxwbTk

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

youtube creators and reviewers the thread

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xI4grQxzkc
Danny's second channel talks about the Kyle Scheele mess.
tldr: A TikToker made a bunch of videos about a "joke" where he puts a cardboard cutout of himself in a gas station and didn't disclose that the entire thing was an ad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

whenever i see the words "film bro" they're always followed by a bunch of words that make my eyes glaze over and my ears ring, don't know whats up with that

film bros have that effect on people

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't know what a "film bro" is

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

cool, go sit in the corner now, sweetie

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
shut up

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nah

I've been watching some Billiam videos, it's very recappy a la Quinton but I like the dude, he brings up some stuff from the 00s that I was vaguely familiar with, kinda in a Sarah Z way. Also Digimon, a lot.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Film twitter had a fun time dunking on the lady who thought Seven Samurai was too long and how the shorter US studio cut was much better (For being shorter). Made even film robert give a sensible response.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pachylad posted:

Last thing I remember from her is getting dunked on by Lexi Alexander for some bodaciously bad takes about Mad Max: Fury Road, and being told to get hosed.

Yardbomb posted:

Anita's "problem" was just that it was very 101 type stuff, that's about it.

It's meant to try to make the concepts she's talking about accessible for a wide audience. I've seen people on here use that as a stick to beat her with back when she was relevant, because apparently making stuff accessible and easily digestible is a bad thing, actually.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Dias posted:

cool, go sit in the corner now, sweetie

dont post like this where people can see please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

Someone with only a surface level understanding of films, who tries to present themselves as experts on the field.