Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That was so funny and bad.

The second Momo bird is definitely Thekla. The mannerisms were the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
This ladder match ending with Mayu still alive will be a success in my opinion.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Cool, the one match on this Stardom card I was really looking forward to had an awful ending

Stardom: The Post

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Great poo poo but my heart can't take that again. That ladder was too drat big.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Konami nicknamed Momo "Burapi" as a shorthand for Black Peach which will get translated as "Brad Pitt" if you use machine translation, so expect some weird translations in the future.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
that was sick. love that the most terrifying spots with that ladder was just doing like backdrops and poo poo off the second rung

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Congratulations to Rika Tatsumi for getting new gear that is "good" and not just "not as bad as her last gear" for the first time. A true milestone

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Johnny Landmine posted:

Congratulations to Rika Tatsumi for getting new gear that is "good" and not just "not as bad as her last gear" for the first time. A true milestone
don't shame people with a diaper fetish

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1472127121510510593

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Cool, the one match on this Stardom card I was really looking forward to had an awful ending

I need to see the match before I judge definitively, but yes, this. The least interesting way to get from A to B.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I honestly thought the match might go to a draw before the show but that match had such a quick paced there was no way they were going 30. I really dug it, a great multiperson match that never was even given an opportunity to drag. I understand why people didn't like the ending but I quite liked it.

I consider the whole ppv a success. Hope they do more of these nontraditional cards. Was a nice change of pace for a bigger show.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Agreed on more non-traditional cards. They'd be a nice stopgap between the big shows like Ryogoku, the Budokans, etc

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The TJPW show was real good too. They had a scramble tag as the co-main which was just bonkers. Whoever laid it out was watching IWTV and taking notes. Also the ref letting closed fists go.

The main was Miyu Yamashita vs Yuki Arai which went exactly as you imagined. Souls were separated. Kicks were kicked. It was glorious. Yuki Arai will always have a home in the wrestling ring.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

coconono posted:

Souls were separated. Kicks were kicked.

That's my rookie of the year right there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The sixth best idol in TJPW is also my rookie of the year, tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

J-Ro posted:

That's my rookie of the year right there.

:hai:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Konami nicknamed Momo "Burapi" as a shorthand for Black Peach which will get translated as "Brad Pitt" if you use machine translation, so expect some weird translations in the future.

An update on this. A Japanese Stardom fan pointed out to me that Brad Pitt (the real one)'s birthday is December 18th, the same day Momo was reborn as Burapi. So either it's a massive coincidence or someone in Stardom is a Brad Pitt fan.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

First rule of Oedo Tai is you do not talk about Jungle Kyona Mayu Iwatani Oedo Tai

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

January 10th, Korakuen Hall, Chihiro Hashimoto vs Takumi Iroha

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

January 10th, Korakuen Hall, Chihiro Hashimoto vs Takumi Iroha

ahhhhhh, I'm already at Korakuen in the evening for TAKATaichiMania so might as well make a day of it...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

An update on this. A Japanese Stardom fan pointed out to me that Brad Pitt (the real one)'s birthday is December 18th, the same day Momo was reborn as Burapi. So either it's a massive coincidence or someone in Stardom is a Brad Pitt fan.

This approximates humor from Konami.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/GPU_COLORS/status/1473114991322890242?t=d1eQuhhKyxqgTverb5cjZg&s=19

SAKI moving quick to set up her AWG successor promotion.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Colors was the Sakuraist rather than Idol focused sub-branch of AWG, right?

They did a bunch of stuff with ChocoPro and it felt like the wrestlers were in the Sakuraism mould.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I mean all of AWG was very idol-based and most of your more idol type wrestlers (think of a Mii or an Ayano Irie) were in Color's so that's a strange way to present that point. Especially since your Emi Sakura promotions still retain a lot of your more idol promotion type trappings - admittedly its not that useful of a descriptor but its pretty clear if you compare the presentation of wrestlers over say a Sendai Girls or something like that what the differences are. If anything it was Ice Ribbon that was an incredibly important predecessor for promotions like Stardom in terms of presentation.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DASH Chisako got booked for Blood Xmas. Guess she realised that Hardcore Queen nickname she'd given herself was coming under serious question.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
is winter 2021-22 the season of the joshi deathmatch or does it just kinda feel like it since they're popping up in places that western audiences are more likely to see (wrestle universe, rina yamashita's gcw double shot last month, etc)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

is winter 2021-22 the season of the joshi deathmatch or does it just kinda feel like it since they're popping up in places that western audiences are more likely to see (wrestle universe, rina yamashita's gcw double shot last month, etc)

Rina's been doing it for a few years now, but there's a lot getting into it recently. There are a lot of joshi wrestlers who got into wrestling through BJW or Jun Kasai specifically but there's a creepy subset of the joshi fandom who will complain when women do it because they're worried about their looks getting messed up. The complaints Stardom got when they did the exploding bat match were insane. I guess Rina gave some of those women the confidence to say gently caress those guys.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Rina's been doing it for a few years now, but there's a lot getting into it recently. There are a lot of joshi wrestlers who got into wrestling through BJW or Jun Kasai specifically but there's a creepy subset of the joshi fandom who will complain when women do it because they're worried about their looks getting messed up. The complaints Stardom got when they did the exploding bat match were insane. I guess Rina gave some of those women the confidence to say gently caress those guys.

Funny considering exploding bat matches aren't even that extreme. It's mostly just a couple of flashy pyrotechnics spots while the majority it just normal stuff. I seem to remember that match drawing really well for Stardom then.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stall_19 posted:

Funny considering exploding bat matches aren't even that extreme. It's mostly just a couple of flashy pyrotechnics spots while the majority it just normal stuff. I seem to remember that match drawing really well for Stardom then.

Tam == $$$

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

As long as you wear the right clothes. Ancham had to go to hospital after her exploding bat match at FMW-E because her gear melted a little in the heat. She looked like she was wearing something more sensible at the last one.

The Stardom match was really good too imo, but it was a lite divisive even among people who aren't insane handwringers about women doing things they "shouldn't"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah my only complaint was the booking came out of nowhere. Io wasn't talking poo poo about anyone and Tam was like gently caress you explode with me. Even the press was like hahah wacky Tam strikes again but she doubled down for explosions, putting Stardom on the spot. Io and Tam didn't have any particular beef other than Tam's a fuckin weirdo who wanted to blow people up so they brought in Oedo Tai to explode with them.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

coconono posted:

yeah my only complaint was the booking came out of nowhere. Io wasn't talking poo poo about anyone and Tam was like gently caress you explode with me. Even the press was like hahah wacky Tam strikes again but she doubled down for explosions, putting Stardom on the spot. Io and Tam didn't have any particular beef other than Tam's a fuckin weirdo who wanted to blow people up so they brought in Oedo Tai to explode with them.

If I remember correct it was Tam who had issues with Oedo Tai and finally challenged them to the match, Kagetsu who was very much chaotic neutral in those days thought it sounded like fun who then proceeded to rope in Io for the lols. Tam only asked Io because that was the only way Kagetsu would do the match. I still find it funny that Natsu Sumire was placed in that match out of everyone despite Hana being the main aggressor against Tam. Kagetsu really loved screwing with her faction at that time.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Exploding Bat Match between Hanan, Hina, and Rina, with pyro set up by the same guy who did AEW Revolution

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Sumire being in that match instead of Hana was weird given the build, and I assume had something to do with Hana or her representation saying "hell no," but Sumire ended up being the MVP of the whole thing imo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah I think Hana skipped out to be a rave princess or tell a luchadora to gently caress off.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I think Kaori Yoneyama might be retiring again (on the 10-year anniversary of interrupting her own ten bell).

She's working twice on the 12/23 YMZ show which is not weird, but KONAMI will be there and she's doing a "scheduled we might cancel this" 4-count salute for herself.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Neodoomium posted:

I think Kaori Yoneyama might be retiring again (on the 10-year anniversary of interrupting her own ten bell).

She's working twice on the 12/23 YMZ show which is not weird, but KONAMI will be there and she's doing a "scheduled we might cancel this" 4-count salute for herself.

Doubt it. She's booked for shows after the 23rd

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yoneyama rules so I hope she interrupts this count as well

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

She didn't retire, and they surprised her by having Command Bolshoi appear to congratulate her on her ten years of unretirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
I just got round to finishing the latest TJPW show, slowly getting used to everyone more and more and really enjoying it! Loved Yuki Arai's snazzy new ring jacket, you might as well get your head kicked in while looking fabulous. This was the first time I've actually heard SKE48 and I'm now addicted to the song Kataomoi Finally, it's a banger and the choreo was great. Miu is right to stan.