Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

yeah it’s going to make things objectively worse but my god it’s going to be some tremendous content

I mean is it though?

What are Republicans going to like ignore covid or like continue the concentration camps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao trumps gonna get another pick

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

https://twitter.com/SecMartyWalsh/status/1471529554917269510

10 million people who are not going to vote Democrat in 2022

lol god drat

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm bad at math

18 - 6 - 2 is 0 right

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm bad at math

18 - 6 - 2 is 0 right

well math is just a matter of opinion really

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Buck Wildman posted:

the more of them that lose to cletus truckfucker who ran on a budget of $9 and a box of dunkin donuts the better imo

America deserves the dude who horny replies the local weather forcaster.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

I mean is it though?

What are Republicans going to like ignore covid or like continue the concentration camps

they’re going to be very gauche and passé while doing the policy, unforgivable sins to the lanyard sophisticates

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Chamale posted:

https://twitter.com/SecMartyWalsh/status/1471529554917269510

10 million people who are not going to vote Democrat in 2022

I say, as one of those previous unemployment havers, and also a person with a brain who understands context

Lmao
Eat my whole rear end

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao imagine paying out of pocket for covid test. what in the world

why not, I p[ay for all my other medical tests

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

"the republicans will do the same evil we are doing, but WORSE and FASTER" is not a rallying cry that will make people love democrats

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spacemang_spliff posted:

I am.

They deserve it

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

WampaLord posted:

"the republicans will do the same evil we are doing, but WORSE and FASTER" Being objectively worse than Drumpf is not a rallying cry that will make people love democrats

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Your choices are things get worse now or in 4 years. A group of fairly annoying people will get pretty upset if you choose to make things somewhat worse slightly early. Those are your only two choices. This is a very important choice and if you do not choose to meaninglessly delay the descent into hell, it will go on your permanent record.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

30.5 Days posted:

Your choices are things get worse now or in 4 years. A group of fairly annoying people will get pretty upset if you choose to make things somewhat worse slightly early. Those are your only two choices. This is a very important choice and if you do not choose to meaninglessly delay the descent into hell, it will go on your permanent record.

This year is the most important election ever. More important than the previous one, and less important than the next one.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lolmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ever had a job where you push the boundaries of what you can get away with until you're doing practically no work at all? Democrats are doing that for the whole country.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarkEuphoria posted:

I say, as one of those previous unemployment havers, and also a person with a brain who understands context

Lmao
Eat my whole rear end

Remember all those other trainwreck articles like how a majority of rent relief funding was actually sent out because states like FL sat on it?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

I am.

They deserve it

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

yeah it’s going to make things objectively worse but my god it’s going to be some tremendous content

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i for one cannot wait to watch

Don’t know why but these posts/av combo gave me a hearty lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MLSM posted:

Don’t know why but these posts/av combo gave me a hearty lol

shimmying my whole rear end in anticipation of the clusterfuck that is to come due to malicious incompetence and nothing fundamentally changing

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest/comments/riynbu/stop_calling_latinos_and_latinas_as_latinx/

"How did we lose the LatinX vote?" :cry:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Palladium posted:

This year is the most important election ever. More important than the previous one, and less important than the next one.

"May you live in important times" - ancient succ curse

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

spacemang_spliff posted:

I mean is it though?

I mean I assume the ratchet is going to make another crank and we'll get outright federal banning of unions or something. And then the Dems will refuse to promise to roll it back and the descent to feudalism will continue.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/nickjonas/status/1471934475680374785?s=20

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
lol rip

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/LRonMexico/status/1472237588928942082?s=20

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ikanreed posted:

I mean I assume the ratchet is going to make another crank and we'll get outright federal banning of unions or something. And then the Dems will refuse to promise to roll it back and the descent to feudalism will continue.

I mean banning unions doesn’t actually do much if you’ve got a declining available work force. Also lol the American people are pissed. They just won’t be dem socs. (Thank God).

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/JediofGallifrey/status/1471942556187602952?t=4bKRteepFJMPj_iiVQ-wvA&s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At least Trumo gave us some great memes with his off the cuff random comments.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/trrvvb/s...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

LGD posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1472265694137962501?s=20

quote:

The White House has been pretty clear in recent days: Federal student loan payments will resume Feb. 1 as President Joe Biden lifts the nearly two-year pandemic-era pause despite pressure from many in his own party to extend it.

Behind the scenes, that political reality has led the Biden administration to conduct Zoom meetings with allies in the student loan forgiveness space in an effort to make the resumption of loan repayments as smooth as possible.

But despite their no-drama intent, the confabs have not always been smooth sailing.

One such “tense meeting,” described by someone familiar with what happened in the conversation, happened Wednesday. Loan forgiveness advocates relayed to members of Biden’s domestic policy and economic teams that beyond the actual economic, legal and policy implications of lifting the loan repayment pause, the move was “bad politically.” They wanted “to sound the alarm to them about what we believe to be a very serious political mistake that they’re about to be making,” said a second source familiar with the conversation.

Biden's team was not moved.

Multiple sources familiar with what was said at the meeting described the administration’s message as effectively that borrowers had two years to prepare for this and knew the pause wouldn’t last forever. One administration official in the meeting suggested that overall, the pandemic was trending in the right direction, and that resuming student loan payments is part of getting back to normal.

The White House also "pulled that kind of bullsh-- of ‘the fundamentals of the economy are strong,’ which is devoid of reality,” the first source familiar with the conversation added. “Yeah, sure, the stock market may be better. Unemployment numbers are better — yes, absolutely. But in terms of real wages, in terms of how people are feeling in their pocketbook, it’s just completely delusional.”

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Hoover has competition.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thanks, Obama.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/panasonicdx4500/status/1472007483543728129?s=21

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChazNuttycombe/status/1471959658168528897

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Tbh resuming student loan payments is one of the most direct, personal, and lovely things a politician has ever done to me. Most bad policies have effects at the structural level, but this is literally sending me a monthly bill for 10% of my income.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My student loans would be financially crippling if I were attempting to pay them down, which I'm not. My principal hasn't moved in 7 years of repayment.

Biden campaigned on doing something about them, even though his offer was pitiful. He's backtracked on doing even that.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Tbh resuming student loan payments is one of the most direct, personal, and lovely things a politician has ever done to me. Most bad policies have effects at the structural level, but this is literally sending me a monthly bill for 10% of my income.

100% same for so many people it's so funny, like the 5 finger exploding heart technique but for your own 2022 (and beyond) election chances.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CongoJack posted:

100% same for so many people it's so funny, like the 5 finger exploding heart technique but for your own 2022 (and beyond) election chances.

and also something that's clearly fully in Biden's power as the president and not something he can blame on the Republicans or even Manchin, just flat out "I have the power to make your life worse or not and I am choosing to make it worse"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Fitzy Fitz posted:

don't pay it dawg