Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Wang Commander posted:

Elastomeric plus open carry is viable in most of the US and sends real gently caress off vibes but I just loaded up these guns with all the shots I'll ever need 💪💉

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
C-SPAM > [COVID]

Wang Commander posted:

I just loaded up these guns with all the shots I'll ever need 💪💉

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Kids too young to get vaccinated, gently caress you. Teens who want to get vaccinated but your parents won't let you, gently caress you. People with health conditions that prevent them from getting vaccinated, gently caress you, eat poo poo, see you in hell."

Of course, Libs won't see it that way. And Chuds won't believe anything Biden says, so the messaging matters to no one at all, really.

The only conclusion I can draw from their unwillingness to take the necessary steps to save a lot of lives is that they determined it would certainly cause political violence. They'd rather lose the midterms in '22 and the White House in '24 than lose power in a Chud uprising in February or so. I wonder what they would call it. Valley Forge's Revenge? 1776 Part 2?

Or maybe they're thinking the same thing Trump was: "I can let the virus decimate my political opponents."

Gruesome.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

without any strategy at all to protect people who legitimately can’t get vaccinated, a real thing that can happen for a while plethora of reasons, the Biden administration is consciously and deliberately allowing them to die. that is monstrous. the Biden administration is murdering people. not just anti-vax fanatics, there are tens of millions of disabled people or people with cancer or children or people in abusive home situations who are being condemned to death. we are going to look back at this as a genocide.
yes
the statement is horrifying as is the inaction of the adminstiration and federal government
we're on our own, always have been
i mean it's right there in the opening lines of the statement
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...h-officials-74/
Good morning. And thanks for joining us.

Today, Dr. Walensky will give an overview of the state of the pandemic and on new practices that will help keep schools open, and Dr. Fauci will provide an update on the latest science and the importance of boosters.

But before we start, I want to talk about how we should think about this moment.

As we’ve explained in prior briefings, the Omicron variant is more transmissible and our medical experts anticipate it will lead to a rise in cases.

But unlike last winter, we now have the power to protect ourselves.

Our vaccines work against Omicron, especially for people who get booster shots when they are eligible. If you are vaccinated, you could test positive. But if you do get COVID, your case will likely be asymptomatic or mild.

We are intent on not letting Omicron disrupt work and school for the vaccinated. You’ve done the right thing, and we will get through this.

For the unvaccinated, you’re looking at a winter of severe illness and death for yourselves, your families, and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm.

So, our message to every American is clear: There is action you can take to protect yourself and your family. Wear a mask in public indoor settings. Get vaccinated, get your kids vaccinated, and get a booster shot when you’re eligible.

they will continue to do nothing lol

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nah y'all be overdoing it.

:leavemtg:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Does anyone have a link to the latest Death Panel pod patreon episode (or a pirate feed)? Money is tighter than it used to be, and I send plinkey foodbux every month and ghostpinballer ducats for his pod...

I really wanna listen to it, the teaser sounded great.

I got you

https://we.tl/t-j3NIQBlHQf

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

oh you want me to refill your water bottle? you should have gotten vaccinated you little poo poo, expect thirst, serious illness and death

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Animal-Mother posted:

"Kids too young to get vaccinated, gently caress you. Teens who want to get vaccinated but your parents won't let you, gently caress you. People with health conditions that prevent them from getting vaccinated, gently caress you, eat poo poo, see you in hell."

Of course, Libs won't see it that way. And Chuds won't believe anything Biden says, so the messaging matters to no one at all, really.

It's' designed specifically to make people in this thread incredibly angry and look like absolutely nothing to anyone else. like those colorblind tests except you can only see it if you are Cassandra and everyone keeps insisting it's just a bunch of randomly colored dots

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1472139665922834433

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hmm, how far back did the kid vaccines get pushed? mid to late 2022?

loving freaks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My wife’s double vaxxed grandpa died of COVID in August and clearly it was his fault for not getting the booster that had not been approved.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Does anyone have a link to the latest Death Panel pod patreon episode (or a pirate feed)? Money is tighter than it used to be, and I send plinkey foodbux every month and ghostpinballer ducats for his pod...

I really wanna listen to it, the teaser sounded great.
:nice:
lol though i paid for their patreon yesterday just so i could listen to the covid year 2 review
i'm about halfway through and it's been a wild ride going through some old crack pings

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Dolphin posted:

i don't know how you guys go out in public with the full face respirators, i wear an n95 and get looks as it is

I do halfmask + goggles instead of fullface, mainly because I can't afford a fullface. I've worn it every single time I've left my house since October 2020

I really do not give the slightest gently caress what anyone thinks about it, as long as they don't physically assault me

It would be stupid and cowardly to let yourself get airborne HIV-Parkinsons because you're worried that a stranger in public might judge you, who fuckin cares

I hope that seeing me wear a halfmask shamelessly has inspired at least one other person to reconsider their choices and step up their mask game. And if not, oh well, I'm keeping my household safe

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

My wife’s double vaxxed grandpa died of COVID in August and clearly it was his fault for not getting the booster that had not been approved.

he should have gotten vaccinated

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

i have still yet to see someone else with a respirator irl.

I've only seen two IRL. I got my booster at Costco on a weekend (LMAO) and it was like dick-to-rear end packed full of people everywhere in there. I was wearing an N95 and felt like it wasn't even remotely enough to help me with that many people around. As I was thinking this, two guys in house clothes (sweatpants, pajama pants, huge sweatshirts, etc.) walked by together wearing half-masks. They didn't look weird in them at all. They didn't stand out more than anyone else, except that their masks were larger than those around them. That was the moment I decided to order one for myself when I got home.

I do get second glances, and some of the dicknosers tend to get closer to me seemingly on purpose, but I feel so much better in my elastomeric. I'd also like to think that someone out there is probably seeing me and thinking the same thoughts I had when I saw those two dudes in half-masks: "huh, that's neat, and looks a lot safer than what I've got on."

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
it's really loving weird how many people are totally cool with genocide if it's caused by inaction

or like, demanding respect, tolerance and decorum towards people who are advocating that we spread death

like how does a normal human being go to a faculty meeting with a GBD signer and be like good day jay, lovely day for the mass murder of the vulnerable, isn't it?

just loving weird and deranged.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

hey i just finished covid can i clock out or...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thinking of doing some mild loving and poo poo for christmas do i need to boost before or after

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

snake and bake posted:

I do halfmask + goggles instead of fullface, mainly because I can't afford a fullface. I've worn it every single time I've left my house since October 2020

I really do not give the slightest gently caress what anyone thinks about it, as long as they don't physically assault me

It would be stupid and cowardly to let yourself get airborne HIV-Parkinsons because you're worried that a stranger in public might judge you, who fuckin cares

I hope that seeing me wear a halfmask shamelessly has inspired at least one other person to reconsider their choices and step up their mask game. And if not, oh well, I'm keeping my household safe

Same. I'd wear a fullface but loving hell are those babies expensive, as I've lamented in this threa dbefore. So for me it's half-face plus a faceshield and a hoodie with the faceshield tucked into the hoodie so that only the exhaust area of the mask is sticking out from my hood/faceshield, like some lovely DIY hazmat suit. Which it is. Because the failure of our government is so total that I must wear DIY PPE every time I leave my home in order to reduce the risk of dying.

The only risk of death I should face when leaving my house to go to the 7/11 down the street is that I might get hit by a car while crossing one of the two streets involved. Instead I now have to worry about airborne death. And the cars.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

lol, lmao

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/nocontexttrek/status/1472312207518191625?s=21

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

thinking of doing some mild loving and poo poo for christmas do i need to boost before or after

yes

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul/status/1472297047034404871

Holy gently caress

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

mild

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

let's check in on the UK

:stare:

over 90K the past 2 days, that's equivalent to 440,000 per day in the US.

e:

lmao if this happens right after we hit a couple 300K-500K case days

Rhesus Pieces fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 18, 2021

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

still no info as to how the city of New York is going to give everyone free at home tests and masks

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

Thoguh posted:

The level of contempt I have for the people in this administration is off the charts.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Pryor on Fire posted:

D&D is back to arguing that covid is droplets and not airborne so uh, saved you a click there. Peak weekend brunch hour.

LMAO the pedantry and need to be the Most Orthodox has killed so many people!

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

AppleNippleBOB posted:

:hmmyes: :911:

unironically, I concealed carry almost everywhere now

:hai:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i had a nice chat with a gal behind the counter of a dispensary about our respective respirator fits
only other one ive seen in an urban area
90% of the comments have been some version of "now THATS a mask"
there was only one hill billy who couldnt handle the dissonance and coughed on me resentfully
i told him he should get that checked out

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Holy moly

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1471925724156248068?t=hql0VMC3JGECd03FWA4ASQ&s=19

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8yOv4PwttM

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/markpoloncarz/status/1472243332197847047

33% in hospital fully vaccinated

33% in ICU fully vaccinated

28% on ventilators fully vaccinated

and I don't think Omicron has even made it to Upstate NY yet - this is just Delta

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Well at least on the bright side Omicron completely eliminated the Delta variant and that isn't a concern anymore.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

McNugget Buddy posted:

Love how they omit saying it that way.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

McNugget Buddy posted:

https://twitter.com/markpoloncarz/status/1472243332197847047

and I don't think Omicron has even made it to Upstate NY yet - this is just Delta

loving hell
We are hosed

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh god im feeling the crack-ping again. been a few months

i remember that awful feeling when it dawned on me that our national delta strategy was just to tank the virus. it's happening again lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Strep Vote posted:

LMAO the pedantry and need to be the Most Orthodox has killed so many people!

Look now they didn't say that it WAS mild, just that it COULD be mild. also that we should absolutely act as if it was mild if we don't have any data to suggest it might be worse. and no you can't use the deaths from all the other variants as evidence. also we have to assume that it will naturally evolve to get less deadly, that's the only possible assumption you can make. if you don't know the exact IFR at which there is selective pressure to become less deadly then we have to assume it is just always getting less deadly.

look just because we were wrong and a million people died doesn't mean that we are going to be wrong again or are wrong now. i'm very pro lockdown but i don't see any reason to do anything yet

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Stereotype posted:

Look now they didn't say that it WAS mild, just that it COULD be mild. also that we should absolutely act as if it was mild if we don't have any data to suggest it might be worse. and no you can't use the deaths from all the other variants as evidence. also we have to assume that it will naturally evolve to get less deadly, that's the only possible assumption you can make. if you don't know the exact IFR at which there is selective pressure to become less deadly then we have to assume it is just always getting less deadly.

look just because we were wrong and a million people died doesn't mean that we are going to be wrong again or are wrong now. i'm very pro lockdown but i don't see any reason to do anything yet

Where did you copy and paste this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Where did you copy and paste this from?

i'm just summarizing what they have been saying for the past week

the "if you don't know the exact IFR at which evolution will make it less deadly then you are just talking out your rear end and we need to assume it is always getting less deadly" is exactly what someone was arguing