Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I work at a call centre and recently I've been getting bored between calls and doodling on my post-it notes. I doodled the entire F1 2021 roster (minus Kubica). I hardly ever post here because I never watch anything live but I enjoy reading the thread. So to contribute (and debase myself), please enjoy my lovely post-it note drawings of all the drivers. Ocon turned out the derpiest, I even screwed up writing his name. Russell turned out the funniest. I found it very difficult to make Raikonnen look like himself so I just stuffed him in a hat and glasses and that did the trick. Mazepin is a featureless egg. Schumacher I just gave a long neck and blond hair to and hoped that, plus process of elimination, would make him recognizable. Sainz Jr is the most unintentionally ugly, and not a good likeness really, but I was strangely drawn to the intense expression on his face so I decided to keep him that way. Probably Seb is the one I am least happy with but whatever. I hope they bring a chuckle. Merry Christmas, worst thread.

Mercedes

Red Bull

Ferrari

McLaren

Alpine

AlphaTauri

Aston Martin

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Haas

edit: lol what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Pragmatica posted:

:siren:

Reminder for those who participated in the F1 Fantasy League: if you placed 2-5, you need to email me to collect your prize! I need some sort of proof/screenshot of your team page. Places 2-5 receive one free avatar* change for yourself or someone else. :twisted:

pragmatica@somethingawful.com

* Avatar changes for yourself or others must follow forum rules, be safe for work, and be F1 thread related (F1, general racing, cast iron pans, etc.)

When the F1 season started I had the goal of finding a Mazepin apologist and/or general idiot and giving them this av, but don't feel like anyone deserves it even in this sea of terrible opinions. AFAIK not a single person unironically said anything like "actually Mazepin is a good kid, who among us...". Kinda proud of y'all. Ended up 4th in the league so will have to go with something else.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

When the F1 season started I had the goal of finding a Mazepin apologist and/or general idiot and giving them this av, but don't feel like anyone deserves it even in this sea of terrible opinions. AFAIK not a single person unironically said anything like "actually Mazepin is a good kid, who among us...". Kinda proud of y'all. Ended up 4th in the league so will have to go with something else.

lmao. i’m still gonna upload this and give it to someone who is naughty at some point.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Lucasar posted:

I work at a call centre and recently I've been getting bored between calls and doodling on my post-it notes. I doodled the entire F1 2021 roster (minus Kubica). I hardly ever post here because I never watch anything live but I enjoy reading the thread. So to contribute (and debase myself), please enjoy my lovely post-it note drawings of all the drivers. Ocon turned out the derpiest, I even screwed up writing his name. Russell turned out the funniest. I found it very difficult to make Raikonnen look like himself so I just stuffed him in a hat and glasses and that did the trick. Mazepin is a featureless egg. Schumacher I just gave a long neck and blond hair to and hoped that, plus process of elimination, would make him recognizable. Sainz Jr is the most unintentionally ugly, and not a good likeness really, but I was strangely drawn to the intense expression on his face so I decided to keep him that way. Probably Seb is the one I am least happy with but whatever. I hope they bring a chuckle. Merry Christmas, worst thread.

These are adorable

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

:five:

i love these. also enjoy free platinum because this is A+ off-season content. :3:

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Pragmatica posted:

:siren:

Reminder for those who participated in the F1 Fantasy League: if you placed 2-5, you need to email me to collect your prize! I need some sort of proof/screenshot of your team page. Places 2-5 receive one free avatar* change for yourself or someone else. :twisted:

pragmatica@somethingawful.com

* Avatar changes for yourself or others must follow forum rules, be safe for work, and be F1 thread related (F1, general racing, cast iron pans, etc.)

Can someone post the final ranking cause i lost my login after picking my team and never looked again

Also:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-tops-team-principals-poll-first-time/6891628/

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, didn’t realize that Saudi Arabia is Round 2 in 2022. So we are going back there fast.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:hellyeah:

now do zak

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Lucasar posted:

Mercedes

Red Bull

Ferrari

McLaren

Alpine

AlphaTauri

Aston Martin

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Haas

These are fantastic. Please scan them so we can use them as avatars.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

refleks posted:

That's a can-do. I was thinking I'd whip up a few team principals first and then I'll try to find somebody with a scanner in the next week or two.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lucasar posted:

Mercedes

Red Bull

Ferrari

McLaren

Alpine

AlphaTauri

Aston Martin

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Haas

these are fantastic. Mick and bobby hill are hilarious

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
Looks like a good chunk of next season's OP taken care of

quote:

fat bobby hill

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Lucasar posted:

Mercedes

Red Bull

Ferrari

McLaren

Alpine

AlphaTauri

Aston Martin

Williams

Alfa Romeo

Haas

This owns, A+++ first post.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Lucasar posted:

AlphaTauri

I love the contrast on these!

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Please replace portrait but keep the stupid newbie frame.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pragmatica posted:

lmao. i’m still gonna upload this and give it to someone who is naughty at some point.

Give it to all the Toxxed dudes who come back

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Lucasar posted:

I doodled the entire F1 2021 roster (minus Kubica).
Questionable decision to leave Big Bobby out rather than Notorious Nikita, given the finishing order of the championship

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

refleks posted:

Please replace portrait but keep the stupid newbie frame.

I had also made this one, but wanted a picture where he looked more like a baby

edit: oh, I see what you mean. I'll wait for the scans.

PhoenixFlaccus fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 18, 2021

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Perfect

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
DIBS ON LANDO

but willing to share :)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Omfg

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

Wish we had Twitter/Reddit then.

Literally the most hosed up thing anyone has said in this thread.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

AFAIK not a single person unironically said anything like "actually Mazepin is a good kid, who among us...". Kinda proud of y'all.

Hurray, we met the lowest possible bar.

If forums were limbo we'd be best thread

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Lucasar posted:

This is awesome dude, thanks for bringing good #content to the worse thread

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

http://www.thisman.org/oldsite/

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

refleks posted:

Bags me dick schumacher

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
they're all so drat good

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Lucasar posted:

Williams

This George Russell is :discourse:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yeah that’s some impressive content!

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Lucasar posted:

post-it notes

These rule. I should update my 2003 avatar to one of these…

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

McLaren really blew it

https://twitter.com/f1visualized/status/1472198157597659148?s=21

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just the first casualty in the rise and redemption of the Scud.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Lucasar posted:

With this type of content you can snipe any page :vince:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ethanol posted:

How much were the tickets I was considering going to Canadian gp .. also where r u going to sleep

Update: staying at a hotel in downtown Montreal that is 3x more expensive than normal and required full non-refundable payment up front.

This sport for wealthy Arab sheikhs is not very accessible.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Extreme-E news: Rosberg crushing the dreams of Our Lewis again

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Watching the Senna doc and a big takeaway is that all their baseball caps are terrible. Also most people new to F1 should watch it so they appreciate that controversy is nothing new.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

Update: staying at a hotel in downtown Montreal that is 3x more expensive than normal and required full non-refundable payment up front.

Yeah when I looked before the hotel thing is prob why I won’t go. Montreal isn’t exactly a dream vacation for me lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pablo Bluth posted:

Extreme-E news: Rosberg crushing the dreams of Our Lewis again
Even as a disciple of Sir Lewis I find it entertaining to imagine that wherever the Greatest Driver in History goes he will get dunked on just once by a blonde Monte Carlan who laughs and immediately runs away

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Good Lad Nikita Mazepin making up for all the spins

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/1472622869054164996

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Lol I stayed at an Airbnb and just took the metro, there’s a stop literally at the track