Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/alex_moukala/status/1472201001058848775

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

... Where do I get better Miner gear? I guess I thought I'd be able to exchange white scrips for it, but guess not. I imagine I'll be able to exchange purple scrips for it when I get to like, 90, but I'm 83 right now.

You can buy new mainhands from a tool supplier in Old Sharlayan near the docks, but other than that, 80 gear will take you the whole way.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thundarr posted:

Leves and Studium quests are prosperously fast.

Studium quests are fine but god don't waste leves on gathering when you could use those for crafters when collectables are just as fast and give something useful (scrip).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kyrosiris posted:

Studium quests are fine but god don't waste leves on gathering when you could use those for crafters when collectables are just as fast and give something useful (scrip).

Collectables are only just as fast around level 86-87 when you have enough to do an actual run around the world instead of waiting for the 1-2 you have available. It takes like 3 leves/level to get over the humps the studium quests leave you in. It's fine to use them for gathering.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Some crafters have stupidly fast collectibles too like CUL.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The only gatherer you really shouldn't use leves for is FSH. Just sit at one fishing hole and get your 300k xp per large fish until you can do the next studium quest, then sit at the pond it sends you to.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The old custom deliveries in the Firmament still give really good exp at least for early levels in Endwalker too btw, and poo poo out white scrip.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
holy poo poo are you loving with me? 50,000 bicolor gems for each of those voucher vendor items?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo are you loving with me? 50,000 bicolor gems for each of those voucher vendor items?

otoh i'm hoping this means re-selling them on the MB remains a lucrative pursuit for some time

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

hazardousmouse posted:

It's wild, yeah. Thankfully comparative grinds are the exception in FFXIV, and the rewards themselves are purely cosmetic

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hazardousmouse posted:

Yup. 500 vouchers at 100 stones a pop. I’ve got 9 on the mb now.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Speaking of crafting, what's a good way to level crafters at like the low/mid 30s? Pick recipes and just buy mats?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dragongem posted:

Speaking of crafting, what's a good way to level crafters at like the low/mid 30s? Pick recipes and just buy mats?

Head to the Firmament.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Dragongem posted:

Ishgard Restoration + Ixal daily quests. Leves are good as well but I'd recommend saving most for later

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You get around 6 leves per day, so you can afford to burn those if you want to be efficient. GC turnins can also be a good source of EXP, since, even if you don't wanna spend the time crafting an HQ item, you can usually just buy the item off a vendor and turn it in for a quick boost.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

Like I said, I'm leveling all my alts on FATEs this go around. 40 vouchers and counting.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/ladyaeva/status/1471769510911025152

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wish I could play game after work :saddowns:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 18, 2021

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Managed to get one Chi kill thanks to the FC chat. Seems like a major crapshoot on being close by when it pops.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Consummate Professional posted:

Managed to get one Chi kill thanks to the FC chat. Seems like a major crapshoot on being close by when it pops.

I'm a giant hypocrite since I waited at least 10 hours total over a period of about five days and got it, but... you should really just wait a month or two.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So like is it easy now days to figure out how to get the iron frog mount? I don't really know anything about how people figure out when the bosses are up and stuff. I have Ixion because of moogles.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regy Rusty posted:

So like is it easy now days to figure out how to get the iron frog mount? I don't really know anything about how people figure out when the bosses are up and stuff. I have Ixion because of moogles.

https://faloop.app/fate

If you use that site you can track all the world fates by server and chance to activate. Formidable is old enough that people won't instapull it so you'll have a few minutes when it pops to get there.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Consummate Professional posted:

I managed to be lucky enough for it to pop in my instance while I was finishing up the sidequests for the zone :v: Got my mount now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arist posted:

https://faloop.app/fate

If you use that site you can track all the world fates by server and chance to activate. Formidable is old enough that people won't instapull it so you'll have a few minutes when it pops to get there.

Oh that's awesome thank you

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

I'm a wow transplant been playing since this past summer and got through all of msq and finished endwalker last week. Now I'm going about just discovering things in the game and stumbled upon palace of the dead or whatever that torghast was ripped off of and let me say just doing the first 20 floors was really fun, the sprite graphics are a cute touch and someone in one of my groups mentioned you get to keep the white weapon after a certain point?

Wow didnt come close if this is what they were going for.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can also go to the Coeurl Discord server and specifically track Formidable as a FATE and they'll ping you whenever it spawns on any server.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Arist posted:

You can also go to the Coeurl Discord server and specifically track Formidable as a FATE and they'll ping you whenever it spawns on any server.

Yeah you probably want to do that/join a linkshell anyway so if it spawns and you catch it you can call it out. I've encountered Formidables before where no one ever showed up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

iroguebot posted:

I'm a wow transplant been playing since this past summer and got through all of msq and finished endwalker last week. Now I'm going about just discovering things in the game and stumbled upon palace of the dead or whatever that torghast was ripped off of and let me say just doing the first 20 floors was really fun, the sprite graphics are a cute touch and someone in one of my groups mentioned you get to keep the white weapon after a certain point?

Wow didnt come close if this is what they were going for.

Yeah, after clearing floor 50 you can trade 30/30 of your aetherpool bonus to get the glamour. Though beware

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_Kelly/status/806693013044928512

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

To counter this point, I saw a person with the white glowing Scythe and now I think all reapers using any other weapon are objectively wrong.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The PotD scythes don't have chainsaws on them.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
5pm on a Saturday and there's only 600 in the queue. Guess everyone's finished the story by now?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Senator Drinksalot posted:

5pm on a Saturday and there's only 600 in the queue. Guess everyone's finished the story by now?

Yeah, I think we've passed the crest. I hopped on this morning about half an hour later than normal and the queue was even smaller than it was during the weekday (17 vs. 50).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

On the one alt I have that Reaps I use the scaevan scythe because it looks the most like a gardening tool, especially when dyed a bright, saturated yellow

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

I'm a giant hypocrite since I waited at least 10 hours total over a period of about five days and got it, but... you should really just wait a month or two.

But then how will they fly around on the same special unique mount as everyone else?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Still a 2700 queue for me on Excal, which has been normal for when I get home from work and try to get on.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This is that one screenshot a lot of people are posting from the very end of Endwalker.

The real reason i'm posting it however is because the BLM weapon they gave me made it rather more amusing than they probably intended

The warrior of light's identity has been concealed to preserve her privacy

Now to mentally digest everything that just happened. good lord.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

1800 queue here, not worth it this late.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

But then how will they fly around on the same special unique mount as everyone else?

I couldn't care less about it being unique or whatever and more about the fact that it's A) a FF5 reference and B) looks absolutely hilarious to see your character inside the TV. That wouldn't change even if Yoshi-P mailed one out to every active account tomorrow. :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Badger of Basra posted:

Sending a subtle message to the people who have alts asking them “why tf do you have alts in this game”

DC visit still doesn't exist so if you want to play with pals on another data center....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have kind of a weird ask: You know how the 2002 error popup is semi-transparent and you can see the queue number behind it, something you've almost certainly never thought about? I'm working on something very stupid and for it I'd like a fullscreen (or at least reasonably large) screenshot of the 2002 error with the queue number below, say, 1300 or so (the number at 1 would be absolutely perfect but I'm not too greedy/picky about my prospects here). If anyone has an image like that they'd let me use, I'd be very grateful. I've been trying to get it myself during my logins but (un)fortunately I haven't 2002'd in a while.