Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Wow, Sofiya Alexandra was in a mood for today's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
The part one was very nostalgic for me. The episode made think of pirate40 and immediately Robert brings it up. I have vivid memory of eating in a very good nepalese restaurant during the mt.gox collapse and reading the bitcoin thread here in something awful.

Can't wait for part 2. I haven't been watching bitcoin news lately, so I'm interested to hear the full scale of the dumbness of NFT's.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Wanderer posted:

yeaaaahhhh I got frustrated at a point because like, it sort of hindered the episode. I do hope she’s ok, however.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Wanderer posted:

Okay, I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Hraathgar posted:

I'm interested to hear the full scale of the dumbness of NFT's.

Just keep in mind the mantra of "It can't be that stupid; you must be explaining it wrong."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sofiya likes the goddamned ape drawings

:negative:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I've been listening to my backlog of BtB and my god, the episode on Paul Schafer (the "Colonia" cult leader) made me so angry/miserable. What an awful goddamned human being.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Killing Santa really was next-level.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Yeah, didnt completely catch me buy surprise as i saw the netflix documentary about it beforehand. Some episodes brings to light roberts research about a topic ive heard of but with new details, background and perspectives. And then there are episodes that makes me go "wait how the hell have i never heard about this before?!", one of the most memorable episodes of the latter category is Synanon, that episode was a wild ride.

The Scientology episodes are one of the best, the kind of "admiration" Robert has for the poo poo Hubbard gets away with is infectitious. Admiration might not be the right word, more like an amazement of Hubbards audacity, dont want to imply that the episodes rehabilitae the image of the man, his and his cult's abuse is covered extensively.

Falukorv fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 10, 2021

head58
Apr 1, 2013

On some podcast I listened to recently, someone recognized Robert Maxwell’s yacht in a harbor from a ways off, suggesting familiarity with it. Was that on a BTB episode?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Since there is not yet a Jamie Loftus thread, this will go here:

https://twitter.com/pastemagazine/status/1468611755937050630?s=21

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Does anyone have any opinions on who the best cohosts/ones to avoid are? I've only listened to a few episodes and so far Propaganda and Paul F Tomkins stand out as good (engaging with the topic, their input is funny/interesting), but most recently I was trying to listen to the crypto episodes and Sofiya Alexandra makes it pretty unlistenable, she seems to just keep talking over Robert and repeating her own jokes without really engaging with the topic much.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Owlkill posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on who the best cohosts/ones to avoid are? I've only listened to a few episodes and so far Propaganda and Paul F Tomkins stand out as good (engaging with the topic, their input is funny/interesting), but most recently I was trying to listen to the crypto episodes and Sofiya Alexandra makes it pretty unlistenable, she seems to just keep talking over Robert and repeating her own jokes without really engaging with the topic much.

Sofiya is perfectly fine in other episodes in my opinion. IDK what it was about the crypto episodes, but she kinda seemed like she was more than a little zooted going into it.

edit: but Billy Wayne Davis is probably my favorite cohost from the entire series history.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The only outright bad cohosts the podcast ever had IMHO were the two ladies in the Reagan's Astrologer episode (who kept talking over Robert to "yaaas queen" said astrologer for swindling Reagan and ignoring the outright harm to other people she did as a consequence) and the couple from the Fritz Haber episode (whose every other sentence was shilling their own podcast) and neither showed up again after their respective episodes.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I know Robert really likes Knowledge Fight, but those guys were exhausting on the John Birch episode. Felt like listening to the worst kind of morning zoo radio show. Which sucks, because I really wanted to hear that story.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Knowledge Fight guys were just guests on Fever Dreams, and I found them kind of exhausting there as well, which was a shame because I thought their insights into Alex Jones were actually interesting.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I can’t remember all of their names but anyone who’s a part of the Cracked Extended Universe and has known Robert for a while is good (Jake Hanrahan this week is one of those). Otherwise you can tell the ones who are good because they keep coming back, like Garrison and Jamie and Prop and Sofiya. I also like all the episodes that Anna Hossnieh is on, she’s got a massive knowledge base about Middle Eastern history and foreign relations.

The one person clearly there to advertise a podcast that I liked enough to actually listen to their podcast was Langston Kerman, he’s funny and the episode hits the exact midpoint of Bastards and what his podcast covers (conspiracies, especially in the black community) talking about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DC Murderverse posted:

The one person clearly there to advertise a podcast that I liked enough to actually listen to their podcast was Langston Kerman, he’s funny and the episode hits the exact midpoint of Bastards and what his podcast covers (conspiracies, especially in the black community) talking about the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Ooh this looks good, thanks

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

DC Murderverse posted:

Langston Kerman

Was about to answer the same thing.

My momma told me is funny as hell and fitted the episode of btb he guested on.

It’s ok if they’re there to promote something, as long as they’re good and interested in the subject.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I appreciate the apparent mentorship with Garrison. It would appear that Gunfondler is not pulling the ladder up behind himself. And, as a fellow canuck, I very much appreciated the It Could Happen Here episode Garrison did on the Canadian right.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I know Robert really likes Knowledge Fight, but those guys were exhausting on the John Birch episode. Felt like listening to the worst kind of morning zoo radio show. Which sucks, because I really wanted to hear that story.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I’ve been listening to KF a long time and I think they are great.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It was actually BtB that turned me onto KF and I adore the weird frenetic energy, but it’s something definitely not for everyone.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

mrfart posted:

Was about to answer the same thing.

My momma told me is funny as hell and fitted the episode of btb he guested on.

It’s ok if they’re there to promote something, as long as they’re good and interested in the subject.

Seconding this. MMTM is one of my favorite podcasts of all time. I listened to the one with Roy Wood Jr. about Billy Blanks and Wesley Snipes about 8 times now, laughing my rear end off every time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

blunt for century posted:

Seconding this. MMTM is one of my favorite podcasts of all time. I listened to the one with Roy Wood Jr. about Billy Blanks and Wesley Snipes about 8 times now, laughing my rear end off every time.

Ok I’m convinced

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

teen witch posted:

It was actually BtB that turned me onto KF and I adore the weird frenetic energy, but it’s something definitely not for everyone.

Same. Something about KF hits my abyss-gazing buttons exactly right. I tried listening to Tuckered Out because of the similar concept, but without Jordan's incredulous screaming I couldn't handle it.

Or maybe Tucker's lies are just too loving boring to be anything but frustrating. But I think having someone get so mad he starts barking incoherently is vital to my enjoyment.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That "Alex Jones Sort Of Confesses To Murder" but from the second Alex Jones ep is still one of my favorite moments of the show. I still listen to it whenever I need a pick me up.

"Now I never killed anybody. [Long pause] Technically one guy, sure..."

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Owlkill posted:

That one guy from the Rudolf Steiner episode. He was waay too aggro to the point where even Robert was weirded out by it. He never came back thankfully.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Neo_Crimson posted:

That one guy from the Rudolf Steiner episode. He was waay too aggro to the point where even Robert was weirded out by it. He never came back thankfully.

Jesus christ, I need to listen to this episode I guess, I didn't think there would be a degree of aggro that'd bother Robert that didn't result in, like, the episode never being released

edit: in the context of being live on the show, of course

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

AceOfFlames posted:

That "Alex Jones Sort Of Confesses To Murder" but from the second Alex Jones ep is still one of my favorite moments of the show. I still listen to it whenever I need a pick me up.

"Now I never killed anybody. [Long pause] Technically one guy, sure..."

Or whenever Alex confesses to having been on a meth bender as a teenager or alludes to something in his childhood that obviously caused a brain energy.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Anyone know why the amazon episodes were pulled than reuploaded?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Owlkill posted:

…Sofiya Alexandra makes it pretty unlistenable, she seems to just keep talking over Robert and repeating her own jokes without really engaging with the topic much.
Hard disagree, it seemed like she as relieved by the lack of dead babies as was on fire comedically.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

apatheticman posted:

Anyone know why the amazon episodes were pulled than reuploaded?

nothing weird, they just weren't showing up on a lot of people's feeds for some reason

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I was thinking about giving Knowledge Fight a try after hearing the hosts on BtB, but was intimidated by the massive backlog of episodes. Can you just jump in any time and not be completely swamped by what I can only assume is an insane Alex Jones background history?

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

fishing with the fam posted:

I was thinking about giving Knowledge Fight a try after hearing the hosts on BtB, but was intimidated by the massive backlog of episodes. Can you just jump in any time and not be completely swamped by what I can only assume is an insane Alex Jones background history?

Yeah, basically--sometimes they'll reference "we've talked about that before" but usually if it's important they'll cite a specific episode. Someone made a spreadsheet here and the 'notable drops/bits' column has been essential for me when I want to go back and relisten but can't remember when the gently caress it was. Episode 67 is about the protocols, episode 281 is really vital to understanding how Alex believes things, I think 305 covers 'discernment' but I should relisten to double-check, 325 gets into more of his fundamental beliefs, and in 340 they really dig into Steve Pieczenik. I've also been re-listening to the Mark Richards episodes lately, so I also suggest giving episode 79 a try and going in blind because the less you know about Mark Richards the funnier it is to experience for the first time. There are probably more good ones early on but my memory is hazier because it was a while ago.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah you don't have to listen to them all. I'm slowly making my way backwards.

You do want to catch all the Wacky Wednesday eps, they're named differently so they're easy to find. This is a playlist of the Project Camelot ones. https://www.podchaser.com/lists/project-camelot-saga-knowledge-fight-107a4XhxIo

Those you do want to start at the beginning. Even if you listen to no other Knowledge Fight those are worth the time, they are fuckin' hilarious. Do not google anything before listening.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I think the only thing of significance that you'd be missing (as far as understanding goes because there's a ton of quality content there) is just how much patience Dan has lost when it comes to Alex Jones over the past few years. He still puts in the same level of effort when it comes to debunking claims, but back when the show first started, you could tell that he was bending over backwards just to give InfoWars as much benefit of the doubt as possible. If you listen to the first episode and a more current one, it's like night and day.

Generic American fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 20, 2021

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Thanks for the info! I always feel better having a jumping off point for shows I'm a late comer to.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Thanks for the info! I always feel better having a jumping off point for shows I'm a late comer to.

I recommend the Formulaic Objections ones, they're about the Sandy Hook deposition.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

There are two recently with Mark Bankston, lead counsel for the Sandy Hook family members who sued Alex Jones. They’re REALLY good, though not the typical format for KF episodes.

(If anyone wants a KF thread or there is one, say the word)

E: got drat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Everett False posted:

Yeah, basically--sometimes they'll reference "we've talked about that before" but usually if it's important they'll cite a specific episode. Someone made a spreadsheet here and the 'notable drops/bits' column has been essential for me when I want to go back and relisten but can't remember when the gently caress it was. Episode 67 is about the protocols, episode 281 is really vital to understanding how Alex believes things, I think 305 covers 'discernment' but I should relisten to double-check, 325 gets into more of his fundamental beliefs, and in 340 they really dig into Steve Pieczenik. I've also been re-listening to the Mark Richards episodes lately, so I also suggest giving episode 79 a try and going in blind because the less you know about Mark Richards the funnier it is to experience for the first time. There are probably more good ones early on but my memory is hazier because it was a while ago.

if you do listen to the mark richards ones, you might also want to listen episode 9 of The Dollop which cover a lot more of his pre-Project Camelot backstory