Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
After discovering how to convert FLACs to MP3s, last year's Goon Christmas album is FINALLY in GBS-FM. Just in time, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
:ssh: You can actually upload flacs now. (as of...a year-ish ago?)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Haifisch posted:

What? It gave me an error when I tried to do so a year-ish ago.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

Haifisch posted:

:eyepop:

To be honest, I don't think anyone can hear a difference between a 320 kbps MP3 and FLAC.

Also, the FLAC .m3u wouldn't play in Winamp the last time I tried it.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm not sure if it's accurate but every time I uploaded a FLAC it seemed to convert it to like, 112kbps bitrate. Like, a bitrate so low it seemed specifically chosen to bother anyone who would've been likely to use FLAC/

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That's just a bug in the parser. The real file is untouched.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yeah, I don't think anyone here is an audiophile, which makes me wonder just why we have a FLAC feed if (a) there's hardly any FLAC dongs on gbs-fm to listen to (b) the difference between FLAC and 320 is negligible to anyone who isn't an audiophile

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I've uploaded a bunch of FLACs it just depends what format I find the files in and whether there's enough metadata that makes it worth converting over with. There's huge amount of music that's almost only found on youtube these days, so even finding 320cbr mp3's isn't guaranteed. I wouldn't stress over it, the streamer is just now capable of converting to stream from lossless formats like FLAC and m4a that it wasn't able to before so it doesn't make sense to restrict those formats from upload.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I convert any flac dongs I have to mp3 because I'm weird that way. I just figure it's easier to do it that way anyway. Consistency, folks. Consistency (as I upload duplicates). :(

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

happy Thanksgiving, you Yankee jerks! If you're struggling for tunes on this not-Christmas holiday, why not listen to gbs-fm until your family comes over so they can regale you with their clearly superior taste?

Note: there will be bees.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Venomous posted:

happy Thanksgiving, you Yankee jerks! If you're struggling for tunes on this not-Christmas holiday, why not listen to gbs-fm until your family comes over so they can regale you with their clearly superior taste?

Note: there will be bees.

Well maybe because the Amerifats will negate all ur songs and add poo poo knstead?

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Such a cool project, uploaded some stuff and really enjoying the eclectic mix...this deserves some more eyeballs, maybe move to gbs?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Vitamin Me posted:

Such a cool project, uploaded some stuff and really enjoying the eclectic mix...this deserves some more eyeballs, maybe move to gbs?

This thread was posted in GBS for years, but didn't gain much traction after the initial post, which is when all kind of knuckleheads would sign up and stick around for a week, then leave.

I assume the mods of GBS FM posted this thread in this sub hoping people who are serious about music may take an interest in the station. That's just my opinion.

Glad to have you aboard. Enjoy the mess you're about to encounter. :q:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Vitamin Me posted:

Welcome to the jukebox from hell.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

It's not that big of a mess as far I can see..would be nice to have some features like combined adding by artist/title in the discord, instead of just the title or album search etc.

If there's any need for python devs, I'm open for a new hobby project

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Vitamin Me posted:

It's not that big of a mess as far I can see..

I see my services are needed again.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
GBS-FM 3 when?

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Vitamin Me fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 17, 2021

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Vitamin Me posted:

After about a week of using gbs fm, here's some stuff I would like to see fixed/changed/in a new version...

Oh yeah and rename dong to song

Excuse me, what's this, now?

Does not compute.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Vitamin Me posted:

After about a week of using gbs fm, here's some stuff I would like to see fixed/changed/in a new version...

- grab artwork from metadata when using playing? command, fall back on online lookup if missing
- Maybe have a bot post in the chat (or seperate channel) whenever new song starts playing, with the artwork and some basic stats
- Whenever artists share an album name, sort the artists on the page so the songs aren't all mixed up
- ability to sort on any column in the overview pages like favorites and uploads of a user
- mobile reponsive templates, or at least for the playlist
- 10 second preview / complete download (lol) of any track on a page
- extra columns in overview pages like user uploads/favorites with rating, last played date, or other metadata
- ability to change pagination to larger numbers
- pagination that work like "1 .. 4, 5, 6...20" instead of only a next page button
- ability to fav users like songs, so you can see a page with your favorite users for quick browsing of interesting uploads
- a 'favorited/disliked' users system might work for a basic 'add a recommended song' bot mechanic

lol

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Vitamin Me fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 17, 2021

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Vitamin Me posted:

I am literally shaking right now

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Vitamin Me posted:

- mobile reponsive templates, or at least for the playlist
We do have the poorly advertised https://gbs.fm/carplay for the currently playing dong at least.

quote:

- Maybe have a bot post in the chat (or seperate channel) whenever new song starts playing, with the artwork and some basic stats
In theory discord shoes' status should show the title and artist of the current dong. In practice that breaks every few weeks after the last time scuttle fixed it. :v:

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 4, 2021

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Haifisch posted:

We do have the poorly advertised https://gbs.fm/carplay for the currently playing dong at least.

Haha! I never knew this was a thing.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I'll give you my dongs when you pry them from my cold dead hands

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Vitamin Me fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 17, 2021

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Vitamin Me fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 17, 2021

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Vitamin Me posted:

I know, change is scary

It's also unnecessary sometimes.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Vitamin Me posted:

Absolutely not. :commissar:

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Vitamin Me fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 17, 2021

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Vitamin Me posted:

- extra columns in overview pages like user uploads/favorites with rating, last played date, or other metadata

Vitamin Me posted:

Sigh fine, keeps your dongs..as long as I get to add some columns to listviews

Not sure which views you mean. That info is on the dong page.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Vitamin Me fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 17, 2021

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I think the practicalities of what you want are that it's likely to result in poor performance and the reason I think this is that I've used the favourites tag in what I think is a reasonable way but now it takes 20 sec or so for the playlist to load for me because for every track in the list it scans my favourites list to see if I have favourited it, or rated it. And my favourites list is long enough that this is a problem.

You can search like this
https://gbs.fm/search?query=favourites%3DChrisKnight+score%3D0

To get unrated songs or use score>3 for example for specific ratings

Or this to get unplayed

https://gbs.fm/search?query=uploader%3DChrisKnight+playcount%3D0

There have been over a million songs played so to find the time a song was last played would it involve scanning that list of played songs? Maybe there's a way to formulate a search to get what you want but I don't know what it is for last played.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Vitamin Me fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 17, 2021

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Vitamin Me has been complicit in dragging gbs.fm kicking and screaming into the new century.

We are now running on Python 3.10 and Django 4. Before we were running on steam engines and slave labor.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
New technology? In my GBSFM?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Scuttle_SE posted:

Vitamin Me has been complicit in dragging gbs.fm kicking and screaming into the new century.

We are now running on Python 3.10 and Django 4. Before we were running on steam engines and slave labor.

So that's what the screams from your basement were.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Scuttle_SE posted:

It seems Vitamin Me has left the channel. Huh.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
Still waiting for GBS-FM 3 to drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
gbsfm3 is the one for Oculus Rift and takes place entirely in the meta verse

The Boston Dynamics dog will be heavily involved

Guido Merkens fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 19, 2021