Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I really dislike the "Adam is Javi" theory. When Shauna is googling herself in ep 5 there's a split second shot of a link to a reddit thread asking if any of the Yellowjackets survivors are single so I kinda hope he's like a creepy weirdo into the whole thing and only getting close to her because of it. I think that would be a fun contrast to the way people have been trying to get Tai to divulge what happened-- people who use their influence and power to force you to disclose your trauma vs the people who try to get really close and intimate with you in the hopes you'll open up and spill.

Either way there was a shot from one of the trailers where Shauna is pointing a knife at him so yeah, I think she'll get wise to his tomfoolery eventually.

coronatae fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
You may want to spoil stuff from the trailer.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Done :) Wasn't sure if I needed to since it was shown in the series trailer released on Oct 27. But it is a real blink-and-you-miss-it moment!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

This week's "Reading Comprehension Whomst?" award goes to everyone speculating that Coach Scott is the father of Shauna's baby

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Dawg you gotta start quoting these weirdos. I really wanna know how they get to these conclusions.

Is this how some people watch things? Like do they sit down to watch an episode of Mad Men by dropping acid in a sensory deprivation tank and just imagining what happens?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I actually have a screenshot I can post once I censor usernames lol

IMO there are 2 factors at play here.

Factor 1 is that there are some truly stupid people in this world who can't comprehend what's happenin onscreen unless a Carrie Bradshaw narrator comes on and dictates "And then Shauna and Jeff had sex. And even though Shauna made an elaborate threat about what would happen if Jeff came in her, he still came in her and Sperm A met Egg B and just like that, Shauna was pregnant by Jeff before she even got on the plane 💅" This is also a symptom of terminal CinemaSins poisoning

Factor 2 is a result of whatever the gently caress happened with Lost and Game of Thrones and whatever else-- the writers were mad that fans figured out where they were planning to go with the story so they rewrote it to be entirely unpredictable. Now people watch shows and guess the absolute wildest left-field outcomes because they have no reason to think the writers won't do something that stupid.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

coronatae posted:

This week's "Reading Comprehension Whomst?" award goes to everyone speculating that Coach Scott is the father of Shauna's baby

I do think there's going to be some fuckery where she tries to convince everyone that coach, Travis or Javi got her pregnant so she doesn't have to tell Jackie the truth.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Hey now. Don’t discount Jacques. He’s only been specified as missing fingers.

Did I miss why the cabin corpse is French (I’m assuming -Canadian)? It’d actually be pretty in character for a bunch of teens to just make up a name and now that’s 100% deffo the dude’s background now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dead trapper found in a cabin in the north woods sounds pretty french-canadian to me.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Medullah posted:

I do think there's going to be some fuckery where she tries to convince everyone that coach, Travis or Javi got her pregnant so she doesn't have to tell Jackie the truth.

Comedy option: Shauna "confesses" to actually hooking up with Randy loving Walsh even though she made such a fuss about the idea when she was getting ready for the party.

Here is the screenshot I mentioned

There is also someone on one of the facebook groups asking for a translation of an article Misty had in her Citizen Detective Expanding File (TM). They will not accept that although the headline of the article is in English, the body is just Lorem Ipsum filler with no deeper meaning.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
He can't be the dad, early on she clearly told him to pull out.

vvv excellent point

withak fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 19, 2021

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Plus Shauna is too old to get pregnant, if anyone gets pregnant it's probably one of those young girls whose plane crashed.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I wonder if the guy got suicided because he knew where those girls are, and theres somebody stopping them from getting rescued!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Tuna quiche :negative: that entire sequence was a masterclass on uncomfortable scenes

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Two minutes in to the newest episode and the show has gone full L O S T.

Edit: Okay, I'm about ten minutes in and L O S T would never have loving done that

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 19, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Jesus. That was probably the first time any tv show had the guts to show an attempt at DIY abortion.

Also, Nat's boyfriend is a bit of an insecure rear end in a top hat "What number would I be?"

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 19, 2021

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

cant cook creole bream posted:

Jesus. That was probably the first time any tv show had the guts to show an attempt at DIY abortion.

Also, Nat's boyfriend is a bit of an insecure rear end in a top hat "What number would I be?"

Welp that scene wins the award for "TV scene that made my testicles retract into my body the deepest" this year.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Gave me Vietnam flashbacks to getting an IUD placed. Kudos to them for not only showing it, but for doing a really loving good job showing it. It was exactly as terrifying and visceral as it needed to be, but it never got lurid. The acting was fantastic. Shauna brought Jackie's bottle of Sea Breeze with her for disinfectant.

Misty is so extra. I love her. Tai was sweating bullets when Nat started calling Jessica Roberts, looks like the truth is still going to come out.

I'm really excited for next week, Tai will be assembling her own little Forlorn Hope except the Forlorn Hope actually did succeed in getting the Donner Party rescued. I don't know what exactly will happen but I am pre-emptively dedicating it to all the dipshits I've seen commenting like "if I was stranded in the woods after a plane crash with limited food and water and no sense of where I was, I would simply Leave 😌"

This week's fandom slapfights are:
-Some of the movies in Jackie's journal are from after 1997. Production error or hint?
-Coach Scott having all those condoms means he's having an affair with one of the girls on the team, and not that he was planning to run for Mayor of Pound Town, Seattle Division

(I do think that could be a plot point though-- Nat and Travis discuss the condoms and Misty's "secret boyfriend" and put two and two together. Poor Coach)

ETA: Xiahou Dun I think you and I would both lie facedown on the floor for 45 minutes for Melanie Lynskey

coronatae fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 20, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

coronatae posted:

-Coach Scott having all those condoms means he's having an affair with one of the girls on the team, and not that he was planning to run for Mayor of Pound Town, Seattle Division

I joked about this before, but only slightly. Now I'm a bit more convinced: i reckon he was loving the other coach, Travis's dad.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I’m watching it now and I’ll write more later but really quick :

1) “Secret boyfriend”, Misty? Really? In a population of three dudes, assuming we like Voltron Javi and Jacque de Corpse together.

loving smooth. Even if that was fake secret it was too obvious.

2) We need to talk about the real unspeakable tragedy and horror in the show :

Taissa and Simone have a pretty dope kitchen and they aren’t doing poo poo with it. A lot of their stuff is more to look nice than be good, sure, but that range is great and I’ve had apartments that were smaller than that island.

I could cook so much with that set up and you can tell neither one of them cooks! Their knives are trash!!!

I haven’t read the thread yet today so there’s probably stuff to respond to like someone is convinced Mari’s a wendigo or some poo poo, but I had to say something.

PS that island would be so good for making dumplings! You could have like a whole make your own dumpling dinner party around that thing!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_T6kJo5VjI

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I love the rare occasions when I catch things faster than my wife. Realizing exactly what and who the lady in the tree was and the connection to dirt-eating-Taissa made me grin. It's a nice twist, I'm finding this rather good psych horror for a change.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

coronatae posted:

Tuna quiche :negative: that entire sequence was a masterclass on uncomfortable scenes

Right?!? Can't we go back to eating people? That was a lot less gross.

coronatae posted:

Gave me Vietnam flashbacks to getting an IUD placed. Kudos to them for not only showing it, but for doing a really loving good job showing it. It was exactly as terrifying and visceral as it needed to be, but it never got lurid. The acting was fantastic. Shauna brought Jackie's bottle of Sea Breeze with her for disinfectant.

Misty is so extra. I love her. Tai was sweating bullets when Nat started calling Jessica Roberts, looks like the truth is still going to come out.

I'm really excited for next week, Tai will be assembling her own little Forlorn Hope except the Forlorn Hope actually did succeed in getting the Donner Party rescued. I don't know what exactly will happen but I am pre-emptively dedicating it to all the dipshits I've seen commenting like "if I was stranded in the woods after a plane crash with limited food and water and no sense of where I was, I would simply Leave 😌"

This week's fandom slapfights are:
-Some of the movies in Jackie's journal are from after 1997. Production error or hint?

(I do think that could be a plot point though-- Nat and Travis discuss the condoms and Misty's "secret boyfriend" and put two and two together. Poor Coach)

ETA: Xiahou Dun I think you and I would both lie facedown on the floor for 45 minutes for Melanie Lynskey

I mean, toss in a podcast and "lying on the floor facedown" is basically one of my top leisure activities. So it's not exactly the biggest compliment to her.

Thoughts and responses :

gently caress yes, looking forward to poo poo just going full-on teen-girl The Terror next week. Merry Christmas bitches. (Yes there's a new episode on the 26th, I just checked. I look forward to trying to sneak in a watch of my murder lesbian cannibal show in between egg nog and playing with my nephew.)

That scene was uh yeah. Oof. Looking forward to all the sex I'm never having again remembering that. Good call on the IUD by the way ; I've never had one because of anatomical reasons, but I've been present during that and yuuuuuup that's probably the closest parallel you're gonna get in a normal lived experience because (hopefully) woods abortions remain rare.

Nocturnal, arboreal Taissa is loving terrifying and I liked the repetition of it. (In the second scene, did anyone else think she was wearing a bone necklace or something for a second? Maybe I'm going crazy but I think there was a trick of the light that made me think.) And the line-delivery when she dismissed Lottie's question was perfection.

I guess she got possessed by a [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)]pica ghost[url]. A pic-ergeist. (Although if the writers have a third of a brain, it's a really natural thing to weave together Lottie's possible "predictions" and a common nutrient-deficiency disorder ; that's money on the table right there!)

Mayor of Pound Town is going on my next set of business cards. Although, just as a funny thing : [url=https://www.google.com/search?q=pound+town+store&oq=pound+town&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512l4j46i512j46i175i199i512j0i512l2j46i512.5482j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8]Pound Town[url] is the British equivalent of a dollar store. That's not a helpful fact, but at least now you can try and force jokes about how Brits can't help spending their whole wad when they visit Pound Town.

Please keep posting as much of these idiots as you want, I can't get enough of people being that stupid. It reminds me of teaching, but in a good way cause I'm not responsible for them and can just laugh while they accidentally eat their feet or whatever.

Finally :

Å̶̖͙̻̆̚͠ͅL̸̘̖͍͈̳̐L̵̰̼͗͌̋͝ ̵̣͍̘̬̬̻́̊̐̑̈H̷̻̩̱̼̤̓̃Ā̸̹͍̩̫͛͊̄͆̕Ĭ̷͔̉͗̇͂Ľ̶͚̰̭̤̫̤̒́̈͂͂̀ ̷̟̤̋̊ͅT̸̻̅̃̂̔̾͘͘͜H̵̙̘͈͙͆͠Ē̴͕͖͕̇́̓ ̷͓͍̔̐͝B̴̫̦́̄̀L̴̙͈͛̎̏̑̚Ǫ̶̫͓̤̈́̔̎̑̿͠Õ̵̬̮̙̣D̵̙̝̟͓͚̦̅̈́̀́ ̴̗͈̽͊̈́̎̑̏͝S̶͖͛̈́͜T̸̪̖̆͛̊̚A̵̹͠G̶̰̓̋

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The British equivalent of a two-dollar shop is a "pound store", not "pound town", LMAO.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

taking my wife to pound town to save money

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I’m not the Mayor of Pound Town, I’m the Head of Public Works : cause I’m excavating and laying pipe.

Ninja : more like pubic works hur hur

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I love that 'giving birth to a cooked chicken and then eating it' barely registers on the crazy-scale for this show.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Open Source Idiom posted:

The British equivalent of a two-dollar shop is a "pound store", not "pound town", LMAO.

It's "poundland", actually :eng101:

I just watched all the episodes over the course of a week. Show owns and is definitely right up my alley but I'm not very optimistic about them stretching this out for 5 seasons without it getting utterly ridiculous. I guess we can worry about that later though.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

O poo poo, yeah, I meant “Pound Land”.

In fairness 1) my source was a half-assed memory from an episode of Blank Check and 2) I’m dumber than a box of hair.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

magiccarpet posted:

I love that 'giving birth to a cooked chicken and then eating it' barely registers on the crazy-scale for this show.

"Did you dream about your hamburger baby again?"

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the delivery of “were you up last night eating dirt?” “what the gently caress Lottie” was really good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

"I don't even like my daughter" :lmao:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
What are the odds Jeff isn't actually cheating on Shawna and that was a weird thing with the hotel and he really is having inventory database issues at work?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

D34THROW posted:

What are the odds Jeff isn't actually cheating on Shawna and that was a weird thing with the hotel and he really is having inventory database issues at work?

I don't think it's the inventory thing, he's lying about something but I also think he's not cheating.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

D34THROW posted:

That lady was an SAP consultant he was hiring to fix his ERP poo poo

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

mobby_6kl posted:

That lady was an SAP consultant he was hiring to fix his ERP poo poo

And she’s working off an expense account so she can afford dinner and drinks at the hotel.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

He’s actually been taking dance classes to surprise her for their anniversary.

He’s getting pretty good, and has found that expressing himself in different ways has made him more sensitive to her needs and more willing to try new things.

It’s been a lot of work and he hates keeping secrets from her, but he really thinks she’ll love the surprise and can’t wait to see how happy it makes her. He hopes it can grow and expand as part of their lives and as a way for them to continue to share something as they continue on together.

He loves Shauna so much.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

He loves Shauna so much.
He doesn't wish he was married to that other girl, Jackie (?) who Shauna definitely didn't murder in the woods

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Definitely not.

Ninja cause I definitely read the post right first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Intercutting between an abortion and a baptism was a bit on the nose.