Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

'90 Day Fiancé' Stephanie Matto Makes $100k By Selling Farts in Jar

Stephanie Matto says she's earning 6 figures just from farting into jars ... but all that gas is taking a bit of a toll on her health, both mentally and physically.

If you thought buying NFTs was weird, the "90 Day Fiancé" star tells TMZ ... she's already banked about $100,000 from selling her jarred farts to fans, but her process almost put the artist in the hospital.

Stephanie tells us she usually sets aside 2 or 3 days a week to work on her hustle, eating foods typically associated with being gassy ... like beans and fiber bars.

While it sounds like easy money, Stephanie says she recently ate way too many fiber bars and it nearly sent her to the emergency room.

No rest for the flatulent though -- although fans keep clamoring for product, Stephanie says she's only going to keep her biz going as long as she feels up to it, and as long as the checks keep coming.

Stephanie tells us exactly how she ended up going down this road, and we gotta say ... she's got a head for business. And a colon to match, apparently!

You can see her milestone video and interview on her Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F3r5nXu8lw

https://twitter.com/WhatsTrending/status/1471914103459381252

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

and it's just one guy buying all of them

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Lol if she doesn't just have Enrique fart in the jars for her.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The junk collector posted:

You can go a long ways with a neatly trimmed bush.

Binging water and mulch: You can go a long ways with a neatly trimmed bush.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

kaschei posted:

Using a balanced ternary digital data stream with Grey codes minimizes electromagnetic fluctuations due to bit flipping, giving a perceptibly smoother chromatic range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

withak posted:

Thieves boosting interesting plants from front yards is an actual thing in the Bay Area. I know someone who spotted one of her apparently distinctive potted yard plants at a flea market and just grabbed it to take home, telling the vendor to call the police if he wanted to because she would love to talk to them also.

I remember something like that in the SF thread or Reddit? Someone stole a plant that belonged to their deceased mother or father. I do not think they ever followed up, because I doubt they ever found the plant.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

So I’ve been watching 90 days fiancé for a few years now (because of science.) and this woman is legit one of the most pathetic I’ve seen on the show. Attention starved to an extreme degree and completely unable to connect with another human being.

She clearly needs help, but instead of getting it she’s hustling online and on reality tv.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Surely there's a "Henry Ford getting stock tips from a shoeshine boy" analogy for the coming collapse of NTF and crypto?

Is it reality TV show insurgency President hawking NTF's, Matt Damon selling crypto, or is there something even more stupid to be on the lookout for?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I thought it was the r/wsb poo poo back in January, but I guess we're not there yet.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
There is always more and it is always worse

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
The market can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

We saw it during The Big Short where people could see the other show dropping, but it bizarrely floated for far longer than it should have buoyed solely by optimism

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Brides Without Morals: NFT stands for "Now Farting into Tupperware"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Buying Women's Miasma :colbert:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Volmarias posted:

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Volmarias posted:

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Volmarias posted:

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Butt Wind Marketing

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Butt Wind Millionaire? No, Farting Trumpette

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

JohnCompany posted:

Butt Wind Millionaire? No, Farting Trumpette

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I'm not sure there's many better thread titles than this for now. Lid's off the fart container to all of you.

I have seen people get exceptionally rich off NFT's and I'm fine with it, but I don't think we've gone terminal yet, sadly. I've heard of people buying poo poo for an eth and selling it for 10,15+ and so on. I have people still doing 90x on a private raise within two months, so there's still more room to go.

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Buttocks? Wind Moving; Non-Flatulent Turbulence

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I'm not sure there's many better thread titles than this for now. Lid's off the fart container to all of you.

I have seen people get exceptionally rich off NFT's and I'm fine with it, but I don't think we've gone terminal yet, sadly. I've heard of people buying poo poo for an eth and selling it for 10,15+ and so on. I have people still doing 90x on a private raise within two months, so there's still more room to go.

The thing is, I really WANTED to not hate NFTs. I know a few digital artists and it would have been a cool way to sell their art. But nope, ruined immediately by people selling a pixel for a billion dollars.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

she has less then 300k IG followers there's no way she's clearing 6 figures on jarred farts

lol TMZ is just like "weird F-list celeb youtube video? just loving file an article about it and blast it on front page"

drk
Jan 16, 2005
She says she sold 97 of them.... at $1000/each

perfect content for the thread

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
The most hosed up thing about that is the end of the video where she appears to be writing right to left… which isn’t something I thought any English speakers did?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Begall posted:

The most hosed up thing about that is the end of the video where she appears to be writing right to left… which isn’t something I thought any English speakers did?

The original video was on TikTok and those are mirrored for some reason.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I love the fact all TikTok videos are mirrored solely because Zoomers and young Millennials are used to reading everything backwards in their front facing cameras. It's a simple fix, but no...then it wouldn't look 'right'.

Why when I was young you had a little concave mirror on the back of your phone so you could take a selfie and we were happy with it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Now that's what I call buttcoins!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

The original video was on TikTok and those are mirrored for some reason.

Anything that can let you record and watch yourself live will mirror things because people are used to seeing themselves in mirrors and not how they really are. Video messaging like FaceTime and such, if they're smart, will show the user flipped but transmit the true image

With TikTok I imagine they just don't bother flipping things because people are making content and it would be an extra step to account for, which normally only matters if there's text

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Was a bug, now a feature.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Krispy Wafer posted:

Surely there's a "Henry Ford getting stock tips from a shoeshine boy" analogy for the coming collapse of NTF and crypto?

Is it reality TV show insurgency President hawking NTF's, Matt Damon selling crypto, or is there something even more stupid to be on the lookout for?

One small part of that is aggressive marketing from Venmo and PayPal to buy crypto. “We see your sibling transferred you a small sum for Mom’s gift and it has sat in your account for 2 days. Don’t you want to reinvest that in etherium?”

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Don’t you want to reinvest that in etherium?”

Gotta get that :gas:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

One small part of that is aggressive marketing from Venmo and PayPal to buy crypto. “We see your sibling transferred you a small sum for Mom’s gift and it has sat in your account for 2 days. Don’t you want to reinvest that in etherium?”

Wouldn't the IRS gently caress over this kind of consumer the moment they change it back to pay for a pizza or something?

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Anecdotal, but I'm seeing news about Salvadorean accounts on Chivo Wallet getting drained. Hacks? A Backdoor?

Thread:

https://twitter.com/_elcomisionado_/status/1472326380620632064?s=21

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DarkHorse posted:

Anything that can let you record and watch yourself live will mirror things because people are used to seeing themselves in mirrors and not how they really are. Video messaging like FaceTime and such, if they're smart, will show the user flipped but transmit the true image

With TikTok I imagine they just don't bother flipping things because people are making content and it would be an extra step to account for, which normally only matters if there's text

This made me remember the "tattoo is on the wrong side" internet argument and smile

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

The thing is, I really WANTED to not hate NFTs. I know a few digital artists and it would have been a cool way to sell their art. But nope, ruined immediately by people selling a pixel for a billion dollars.

Immutable art is a great logic for the blockchain but we're not really set for it. As someone (such as opensea) has to host the images the purpose is currently lost for focus on expansion of functionality instead, which is I guess the way it goes for now. Things like gaming access and investments and metaverse for example. Land for rent (colonialism lol). I'm now watching the greed show up even from people wanting to auction loving banksy's. Where it's not about cool art, just $$ value. IE not what Banksy does this for.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 19, 2021

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Hyrax Attack! posted:

My first thought was “Got a few bucks? You could use it to buy crypto, or literally light it on fire - the only difference is the latter is better for the environment.”

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

gay for gacha posted:

Wouldn't the IRS gently caress over this kind of consumer the moment they change it back to pay for a pizza or something?

Not if crypto goes down, then they get to write off the loss!

I hope people at least get to write off the massive fees for any gains they do have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Immutable art is a great logic for the blockchain but we're not really set for it. As someone (such as opensea) has to host the images the purpose is currently lost for focus on expansion of functionality instead, which is I guess the way it goes for now. Things like gaming access and investments and metaverse for example. Land for rent (colonialism lol). I'm now watching the greed show up even from people wanting to auction loving banksy's. Where it's not about cool art, just $$ value. IE not what Banksy does this for.

Repeat after me: There is no functionality of the blockchain which isn't better served by just having a P2P filesharing network like torrents OR by having a couple of centralized servers with backups somewhere.

All uses of "blockchain technologies" are moronic, poorly-conceived copies of better technologies.