Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

dunno this guy's bona fides but the info he pulls on the bubble popping sometime soon seems pretty solid.

https://medium.com/predict/sorry-but-the-mother-of-all-crashes-is-coming-and-it-wont-be-fun-beaa2bc9f96a

the only thing that would be funnier would be sleepy joe also tanking the economy guaranteeing a Mondale-level wipeout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Crowsbeak posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1472574357864173570

Lol. Seeing what BBB turned into. Good. No free community college. No expanded CTC made permanent. No real expansion of transition away from fossil fuel cars. Democrats deserve this.

Lmao they gutted the bill chasing his vote and it still didn't matter, they deserve to be destroyed

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

dunno this guy's bona fides but the info he pulls on the bubble popping sometime soon seems pretty solid.

https://medium.com/predict/sorry-but-the-mother-of-all-crashes-is-coming-and-it-wont-be-fun-beaa2bc9f96a

the only thing that would be funnier would be sleepy joe also tanking the economy guaranteeing a Mondale-level wipeout

I mean it was the contention of Schwartz and Friedman that the fed from 1927 onward trying to keep the US dollar’s value high was that eventually lead to 1928. So imagine if you have 2008 crash in October 2024...

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/anthonyzenkus/s...ingawful.com%2F

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

come to the doomsday econ thread, every indicator is hosed and trending toward crisis

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Palladium posted:

2022 - the jokerification of america

The Confederacy Strikes Back

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
so long as the democrats have no way to punish and kowtow their senators and congresspeople the way the republicans do then they deserve every setback coming to them.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Those who depend on the Dems deserve everything coming.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol, I'm pretty in on the conspiracy theory that the whole party is trying to sabotage the slightest leftward movement, and the bad senators are functionally just props

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

so long as the democrats have no way to punish and kowtow their senators and congresspeople the way the republicans do then they deserve every setback coming to them.

pretty telling that when senators blocked trump's agenda he put them on blast and started endorsing primary challengers and when senators block biden's agenda they trot out kamala to tell us how what we really need in the senate is more joe manchins

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/noboa/status/14...ingawful.com%2F

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

gently caress this rear end in a top hat who gets to luxuriate in time stolen

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

lmao

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:five:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

wow! president joe!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lmfao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

Those who depend on the Dems deserve everything coming.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lol, the Biden admin has lost Concerned loving Citizen

Concerned Citizen posted:

I mean, progressives warned that disconnecting infrastructure from BBB would result in moderates tanking the remainder of the Biden agenda and that's largely what happened, the WH got completely played. They have no one to blame but themselves for sacrificing the sole leverage they had on Manchin.

The infrastructure bill is certainly nothing worth running on during the midterms. No one cares about infrastructure and it's not even a good bill.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

gay_crimes posted:

I 1000% hope it’s Hilary Clinton vs Trump in 2024

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i just reread that and lol

my first hostile reaction was to shut his bullshit down about incremental progress to save myself a headache

eat poo poo chait

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Democrats are just gonna let Joe Manchin destroy the party.

lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

hey IK's I accidentally closed the succ thread because I'm a fat fingered moron on a tablet

can someone reopen it

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is succ zone closed

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

McNugget Buddy posted:

why is succ zone closed

because I'm a dumbass lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cowards open the succ zone it must flow

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

spacemang_spliff posted:

because I'm a dumbass lol

don't reopen it. we won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

no its good actually that the democrats can't do anything about manchin thats a little thing called DEMOCRACY if everyone agreed it'd be like authoritarian china (evil) anyway you gotta vote for manchin again or the republicans will win sry