Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

RC Cola posted:

I am 100% sure that Shelly will have his life ruined by the gang. Charlie isn't allowed to be happy. I just want him to stay in Ireland and become a cheese monger apprentice to his dad

Frank is going to burn Shelly to the loving ground out of jealousy because Charlie is ignoring him... Also the bloopers for this poo poo is going to be bonkers. Probably could just make an full 20 minute extra bonus episode just on them laughing... I just assume Dennis was just laughing instead of pretending to cough...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really want to see the bloopers for that castle renting scene.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Frank is going to burn Shelly to the loving ground out of jealousy because Charlie is ignoring him... Also the bloopers for this poo poo is going to be bonkers. Probably could just make an full 20 minute extra bonus episode just on them laughing... I just assume Dennis was just laughing instead of pretending to cough...

I could see Frank literally burning Shelly to death.

Castle renting scene was good. Anything showing Dennis with Covid was good. Just Dee screaming "YOU HAVE COVID!" over and over was great

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Dennis is going to give Shelly COVID and it's going to kill him. Mark my words.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

[Double post. Very functional app.]

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It seems weird that they'd go all the way to Ireland in real life, then make every exterior shot either not have the actors in it or have the actors look like they're composited in. I think the only scene that didn't look like that, so far, was Mac and Charlie outside the McDonald's.

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

My closed captions were spelling it as "Kelley", so definitely possible.

As usual, captions are apocryphal, at best:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Should have had this in the priest scene

https://youtu.be/1Cw1ng75KP0

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I thought the most recent episode of the podcast kind of gave a glimpse into the dynamic between Glen and Rob that gets amplified in the show to create the Mac and Dennis power duo, like obviously Glen is not Denis but he is also not entirely unlike Dennis, it was very important for him to make sure that "people don't think I'm the kind of person who never eats tasty food" for some reason, this after they discuss for like 3 minutes how he basically starved himself when they were filming season 2 because he was doing some weird 'cleanse' diet, and half the time Rob tries to casually infuriate Glen via annoying mannerisms and playing stupid.

Thought it was interesting, idk.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I thought the most recent episode of the podcast kind of gave a glimpse into the dynamic between Glen and Rob that gets amplified in the show to create the Mac and Dennis power duo, like obviously Glen is not Denis but he is also not entirely unlike Dennis, it was very important for him to make sure that "people don't think I'm the kind of person who never eats tasty food" for some reason, this after they discuss for like 3 minutes how he basically starved himself when they were filming season 2 because he was doing some weird 'cleanse' diet, and half the time Rob tries to casually infuriate Glen via annoying mannerisms and playing stupid.

Thought it was interesting, idk.

All their characters are very much exaggerated versions of themselves, it's why it works so well, I think. Like, the gang are pretty cartoonish (they discuss that too in the podcast) but the roots are clearly there. Glenn's fastidious and can be prickly, Charlie's excitable, Rob's clearly the least secure of the three of them, etc.

A lot of the time the podcast feels like a Sunny audio play, especially when they get to yelling over each other. It's really entertaining

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

yeah the podcast is definitely unofficial episodes of the show at this point. which im totally cool with.

They also passed the 30 minute mark with todays episode so I really hope they find themselves really digging in when we get to those real "Classic" sunny episodes and start inviting guests on.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

drunken officeparty posted:

Should have had this in the priest scene

https://youtu.be/1Cw1ng75KP0

I thought the same but I like that Mac gets his own 80s power ballad love song and I hope they do it again in a future season. Also his face is amazing.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Rob seems to be quite insecure but he shouldn't be, he's so loving funny, a lot of the moments that really make me roar with laughter he's involved with

See; no you can't have chips, they just don't get us man, I've had tons of orgasms, etc.

E the Fat Mac Shimmy

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 18, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I will put my THUMB through your EYE you little BITCH

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Pattonesque posted:

honestly didn't call that out of all of them Dennis would be the only one not to be vaccinated

Yeah, Mac seems like the one least likely to be vaxxed. He's an insecure self-proclaimed badass with hard conservative social values, who gets really aggro about anti-science conspiracy theories. I guess coming out did way more good for his mental health than I thought.

But yeah, it tracks Dennis wouldn't be vaxxed. He's healthy as poo poo, and not the kind of pleb who gets the flu and dies. Charlie wouldn't need to, as his immune system is superhuman after decades of eating alley almonds and exploring sewers. Dee would probably have gone insane from insecurity over COVID and gotten every vaccine multiple times. Frank would've used money and illicit connections to get vaxxed immediately, but claim he'll never get vaxxed and that no one else should, then reveal that he runs a company that sells ventilator tubes.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
the GOLDEN GOD would never get vaxxed

E6 was one of the best in recent memory. Holy poo poo Dennis

I'd like to see Cricket show up in Ireland, in a bid to become a priest again

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Xealot posted:

Yeah, Mac seems like the one least likely to be vaxxed. He's an insecure self-proclaimed badass with hard conservative social values, who gets really aggro about anti-science conspiracy theories. I guess coming out did way more good for his mental health than I thought.

But yeah, it tracks Dennis wouldn't be vaxxed. He's healthy as poo poo, and not the kind of pleb who gets the flu and dies. Charlie wouldn't need to, as his immune system is superhuman after decades of eating alley almonds and exploring sewers. Dee would probably have gone insane from insecurity over COVID and gotten every vaccine multiple times. Frank would've used money and illicit connections to get vaxxed immediately, but claim he'll never get vaxxed and that no one else should, then reveal that he runs a company that sells ventilator tubes.

I think most of them would have gotten vaccinated from any of those incentive programs that offered free stuff for vaccines.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I think most of them would have gotten vaccinated from any of those incentive programs that offered free stuff for vaccines.

They would have taken as many shots as it takes to get all the free stuff from everyone offering things.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

In one of the podcast episodes Rob talks about how at a certain point of rich/famous you can surround yourself with yes men and its important to have someone that can tell you an idea fuckin sucks. I wonder if immediately getting bullied by your fans on twitter for NFT nonsense is one of those moments of clarity.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

he basically starved himself when they were filming season 2 because he was doing some weird 'cleanse' diet

Master ClenseTM! Nothing but lemon, honey and cayenne for 10-40 days. The way he described it he actually felt pretty good most of the time, but that was because he was basically tricking his body into thinking it was dying so it would dump a bunch of endorphins into his system to make it hurt less.

And yeah the podcast in general has been great so far. A lot of the time they barely even touch on the episode they're supposed to be talking about, but just listening to the 3 of them bullshit about Sunny lore for 40 minutes is a lot of fun.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

These last 2 were home runs, real dingers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

alpha_destroy posted:

In one of the podcast episodes Rob talks about how at a certain point of rich/famous you can surround yourself with yes men and its important to have someone that can tell you an idea fuckin sucks.

Oh man, that was Megan Ganz I think? The line she used from memory was,"Wow, what's it like having a room full of people paid to laugh at your jokes?" and Glenn and Charlie's :vince: reaction was the best. The podcast is good!

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

Do you think the sunny cast are big deep space nine fans?

Follow up question: do you think Colm Meany is a huge sunny fan?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Xealot posted:

Charlie's mom is an excessive compulsive hypochondriac. He's had more needles in him than Micky Rourke. He would totally be vaxed because his mom would make him get it three times in a row.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zombie Squared posted:

Do you think the sunny cast are big deep space nine fans?

not sure it's even relevant. This is just another gently caress with O'Brien day for him. If the gang can ruin his life without killing him, it'll be better than he's used to.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Burning_Monk posted:

Charlie's mom is an excessive compulsive hypochondriac. He's had more needles in him than Micky Rourke. He would totally be vaxed because his mom would make him get it three times in a row.

AND all the alternative treatments

CHARLIE PLEASE TAKE YOUR IVERMECTIN, I dreamed about you gasping BLOOD last night

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Catching on the Ireland episodes....Dee and Dennis shopping for the castle rental was fantastic

The end of the episode is sad :( poor frank

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 18, 2021

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Barry Foster posted:

All their characters are very much exaggerated versions of themselves, it's why it works so well, I think. Like, the gang are pretty cartoonish (they discuss that too in the podcast) but the roots are clearly there. Glenn's fastidious and can be prickly, Charlie's excitable, Rob's clearly the least secure of the three of them, etc.

A lot of the time the podcast feels like a Sunny audio play, especially when they get to yelling over each other. It's really entertaining

I think this is correct. And I listened to the first episode of the podcast today.....Rob seemed worried that Charlie didn't eat anything until lunch. I almost thought he was playing Mac for a second or two.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"Miss you too Mom."
"She didn't say that."

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Oh my god these two new episodes were absolutely phenomenal and some of the best of this entire show's run :cry: . I can't believe the plot twist with Charlie's dad after 15 seasons. I'm really really hoping it actually takes, and am hoping nothing loving up is revealed about Shelly next week or that something awful happens to him. It was such a totally rare, actual heart-warming moment for this show. Also the stuff happening with Dennis near the end was creepy as poo poo

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 19, 2021

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I think Shelly is just a genuinely good fellow, and Charlie is going to get a taste of what he could have been. A cheese mongrel.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Glenn rasping,"It's not enough to murder you.... I want people to DRINK you!" on the podcast was some Dennis level insanity :allears:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Sorry for the reddit link but Donovan McNabb's cameo page is on private.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The little sideways look before,"....I'm loving it." :lol:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

alpha_destroy posted:

In one of the podcast episodes Rob talks about how at a certain point of rich/famous you can surround yourself with yes men and its important to have someone that can tell you an idea fuckin sucks. I wonder if immediately getting bullied by your fans on twitter for NFT nonsense is one of those moments of clarity.

https://twitter.com/straight_nick_/status/1472024588347453443?s=21

That was a wild half hour. Not obvious from those screenshots but Rob had changed his profile pic to that loving monkey before quickly changing it back and deleting the tweet.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Tiger Woods is looking great!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Zombie Squared posted:

What if I told you the Mall Santa in the christmas special way back ("Did you gently caress my mom?") was played by Colm Meany?

Dun-dun-DUUUN!

I would be lying, but imagine it was...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

loving hell.

aw shoot

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Oh my god these two new episodes were absolutely phenomenal and some of the best of this entire show's run :cry: . I can't believe the plot twist with Charlie's dad after 15 seasons. I'm really really hoping it actually takes, and am hoping nothing loving up is revealed about Shelly next week or that something awful happens to him. It was such a totally rare, actual heart-warming moment for this show. Also the stuff happening with Dennis near the end was creepy as poo poo

I think there is no way Shelly comes out of this without getting poo poo on by the gang, like everyone else they run into...

Also Frank is getting completely poo poo on by Charlie because Shelly is around... Next to no way Frank is going to just accept being the third wheel.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Charlie being revealed as majority owner of Paddie's Pub (aka the bar) makes season three's episode The gang dances their asses off so much better in retrospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
After listening to the latest podcast I hope they do an episode about an annoying Youtube lets player.