Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

I solo'd Emanation Extreme the other day as a 90 warrior. Took me a few tries because I didn't know the mechanics and I barely beat the enrage timer. Pool of Tribute Ex is impossible to solo due to mechanics.

I haven't tried any of them since EW, but several of the HW Ex's were difficult to impossible to solo at 80.

Limitless Blue: Need to have enough damage/burst to kill the adds.
Z1T9: I couldn't survive a killer kombo late in the fight but maybe I could by timing an invulv.
S1T7: I couldn't survive the first Chesed.
Nidhogg: Took me half an hour and a 25% echo to kill at 80.

I just did limitless blue ex, even if you mess up bursting down one of the adds DRG still has enough damage to just kill one now. The island was at like 40 health when I finished so there's a lot of room left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If we go to the New World I would expect visual/design similarity to Native American cultures but past that, who knows. I suspect Koji Fox can at least keep them from committing any massive story-level fuckups.

I also would not be surprised if we do not go there for that very reason though. :v: Meracydia seems to have been more foreshadowed anyway, and while it's sort of "Africa/Australia" based purely on location I believe the established inhabitants were Sephirot's summoners and dragons, neither of whom map much to RL cultures.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

All we really know about the New World is tapirs and mamool ja. The Mamool Ja homeland in FF11 was a rainforest. So I'd expect more of a South American or Amazonian theme if we do ever go there, not a North American or Aztec theme.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I hope we don't go to Meracydia just because I don't want another dragon expansion.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It would be kinda funny if we go to the New World and it turns out they're like a century or two ahead of Aldenard/Othard/Ilsabard in terms of magic or technology.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Endorph posted:

All we really know about the New World is tapirs and mamool ja. The Mamool Ja homeland in FF11 was a rainforest. So I'd expect more of a South American or Amazonian theme if we do ever go there, not a North American or Aztec theme.

There should be a secret nazi Garlean base there with escaped leaders.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I would like to see a magitech civilization that isn’t the Allagans because I am very tired of their aesthetic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally in ff11, the mamool ja were fairly competitive magically, the issue was their homeland had a massive wood-born parasite problem and few natural metals, so they had to burn down their city and rebuild it every few years. so though it looked simple, it was actually more 'efficient' than 'crude and underdeveloped.'

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Sinteres posted:

I hope we don't go to Meracydia just because I don't want another dragon expansion.

Well good news there's this group called the Allagan that got rid of all of those!

You might say they even implemented a Final Solution to your problem!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The Mamool Ja were also the blue mages of the setting (much like in ffxiv), and in general Pwned.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragons own let's go to dragonland

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

cheetah7071 posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Those are the words out of my wol's mouth five minutes before getting on a boat

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

:hai:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Meracydia is also the homeland of catgirls, centaurs, and uh whoever it was that worshipped Sophia. If anybody is left alive there it's more than just dragons and treants. Also probably a ton of old Allagan war machines shambling about.

I feel that we've already got the Ronkans as a Mesoamerican-magitek culture, so that angle wouldn't necessarily need to be revisited if we visit the western continents. That region is so ill defined thus far that they could go in nearly any direction really.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I want to go the the new world and it would be awesome to see Native American cultural imagery in more things.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Onean posted:

He's still steady, but his tone is more incredulous than usual, and the pauses are placed exactly where you'd expect them to be if he was reacting to the start of the trip.

I mean, I picked up that he was referencing the rough start, and I'm usually pretty mediocre at picking up stuff like that. Plus I saw more than a few people also catch on, so there's definitely something there.

I took the line as bemusement more than anything. "Oh, look who's puking their guts up again? :smug:"

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Level 87 Stuff, Early: I can't decide if this zone is the best thing they've ever put in the game, or a little *too* indulgent. Either way I'm very excited for my Emet fangirl wife to get here so that I can hear her squeal with delight.

As for me, Meteion is extremely cute and I'm extremely confident something terrible is going to happen to her. :<

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I want to go the the new world and it would be awesome to see Native American cultural imagery in more things.

Me too and agreed.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

You’d have to pull it off really well. That requires putting creative direction in the hands of actual native peoples. No idea if SE is willing to hand off those reins for their biggest product at the moment, despite it being the only reasonable solution.

Hell, I’d only play if real-world representatives headed it.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

I solo'd Emanation Extreme the other day as a 90 warrior. Took me a few tries because I didn't know the mechanics and I barely beat the enrage timer. Pool of Tribute Ex is impossible to solo due to mechanics.

I haven't tried any of them since EW, but several of the HW Ex's were difficult to impossible to solo at 80.

Limitless Blue: Need to have enough damage/burst to kill the adds.
Z1T9: I couldn't survive a killer kombo late in the fight but maybe I could by timing an invulv.
S1T7: I couldn't survive the first Chesed.
Nidhogg: Took me half an hour and a 25% echo to kill at 80.

Limitless blue and nidhogg were both soloable at 80 without echo. Blue (and Ravana) were easier on dps, and nidhogg I did on WAR just fine. You ignored the tether mech and just did mechanics of the final phase normally.

derra fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 19, 2021

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

We go to a mythical and faraway land where actually everything is going super well for all the people there. We just have a good time all around.

The WoL and Tataru open a trading post, starting off with a stick they found on the ground they start a massive chain of trades leading to them owning all of Eorzea. Alisaie unknowingly becomes the subject of the world's most famous painting and is furious.

All our old friendly nations are bored and want to keep their fighters in shape so we hold a tournament for Grand Champion of the World with lots of zany characters. WoL and Estinien get their driver's licenses also.

The WoL opens an Adventurer School and while constantly rescuing their students from wacky adventures they accidentally save the world again from a hitherto unknown evil. Alphinaud and G'raha try to go undercover as students.

Y'shtola finds a spell to make a portal to the First but accidentally opens a permanent bridge between every Shard and the First. Thancred and Urianger open a restaurant next to the portal.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

We go to Meracyida for the next xpack and it's basically a fantasy version of Kath and Kim.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
turns out meracydia only has a scraggly port town populated solely by people who came there looking for dragons and tiamat is hiding out because she does not want to be seen by that bunch

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Beastmaster questline where the trainer is just straight up Steve Irwin, leaping onto the backs of Behemoths and Dragons just for the fun of it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Pwnstar posted:

Beastmaster questline where the trainer is just straight up Steve Irwin, leaping onto the backs of Behemoths and Dragons just for the fun of it.

We're not worthy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The limited job I want to see is Azem. Mechanic is summoning shades of NPCs you've met over the course of the game using the Azem job crystal, gathered and compiled similar to how blue mage works

Biggest problem is, of course, that it's a minor spoiler to even say the idea

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Please god no more god drat ascians or evil empires.

For my money I think we're going to fix the 13th next, we have the means and the dangling plot thread.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cheetah7071 posted:

The limited job I want to see is Azem. Mechanic is summoning shades of NPCs you've met over the course of the game using the Azem job crystal, gathered and compiled similar to how blue mage works

Biggest problem is, of course, that it's a minor spoiler to even say the idea

I will say (level 87-90 EW spoilers) I was actually slightly disappointed we didn't get to meet Azem in the storyline (not sure if she shows up in a sidequest or anything, I haven't gone back to do any yet). It would be kind of awkward I guess but I trust they could have pulled it off reasonably well.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Pharohman777 posted:

There is a lot of good stuff they can reference or allude to.

Endorph posted:

We don't know a huge amount about the New World other than that there's a reverence towards a Moon God there, and that a Voidsent got curbstomped for trying to impersonate them. And that there are multiple places where Ceruleum can be accessed from near surface deposits.

cheetah7071 posted:

I feel like, one way or another, upcoming content will involve dragons, though. Just based on the current trajectory of things.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CJ posted:

If you're as sick of the christian rock in the final zone as me, Dalamud mods has a jukebox mod that also has the option to replace one song with another. I switched it to the distorted one from the beginning of the zone but you can change it to whatever you like.

Thanks for the tip! I like the song by itself but IMO the lyrics reduce the longevity; i.e. I get tired of hearing the song faster. (final zone music) The first and second renditions sound just fine to me. Hell, the first track boosted the feeling that this is a weird and strange and scary place. The second sounds like the closing song to a John Hughes movie (which I also dig).

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

isk posted:

Thanks for the tip! I like the song by itself but IMO the lyrics reduce the longevity; i.e. I get tired of hearing the song faster.

I call this the Guilty Gear Strive effect.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I started levelling PLD from 80, and I didn't really pay much attention to the new stuff its getting but uh, is it just me or is Holy Sheltron really good? BIG improvement over normal Sheltron from what I can tell!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every tank except dry got a broken-feeling button

Poor drk

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Failboattootoot posted:

Please god no more god drat ascians or evil empires.

For my money I think we're going to fix the 13th next, we have the means and the dangling plot thread.

I think most of the things on the 13th are well past the point where they want to be fixed.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

cheetah7071 posted:

Every tank except dry got a broken-feeling button

Poor drk

They had one already

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Thundarr posted:

I think most of the things on the 13th are well past the point where they want to be fixed.

We can cure tempering now, clearly we just need to make a planetary-scale porxie and figure out how to transport it to another dimension.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Ripping out two (and a half) shadowbringers in a dungeon wallpull feels sick as hell, to say nothing of all the other ogcds you get to hammer out. Drk is good.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

FWIW My bud who is super into the game and raiding and all of that stuff was telling me last week that DRK is still good and is the top damage dealing tank or something like that. I still haven't leveled mine yet so I should get on that sometime (but drat if WAR isn't super fun right now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

DRK is either top damage dealing tank or second most after Gunbreaker.

As a part-time healer I have noticed I need to heal DRK more then another tank but it could just be me getting bad DRKs.