Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

If I get breath of the wild as a moving day survival treat, do I need the expansion pass?

You don't need it but if you have any expectation that you will one day buy it then it's more useful to have from early game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
No, I don't think it does much worthwhile. If I could start over, I'd play the game without the DLC and then buy it later if I really needed more

e: I'm really annoyed by all the quests it adds to the quest log that stay at the top forever

spiritual bypass fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 19, 2021

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Sudden Javelin posted:

You don't need it but if you have any expectation that you will one day buy it then it's more useful to have from early game

Yeah this

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Hero's Path absolutely should've been part of the base game, but I paid $20 for it alone and have no regrets.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 22, 2021

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

If I get breath of the wild as a moving day survival treat, do I need the expansion pass?

There's a handful of items that are invaluable to have, and even if I got a ton of usage from the bike, I could've gotten a lot more had I had it earlier.

Play the game a bit, if you like it, get it.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Google Butt posted:

does anyone prefer the binboks over the hori?

I do. I like how you can pop them off an use them as a regular big rear end controller as well. The rumble isn't the best but I'd rather have something than the nothing that comes in the Split Pad for around the same price.

I've had 0 with them in the 4 months I've been using them.

Though my opinion might be invalid since I also like the original Duke Xbox controller.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

StrixNebulosa posted:

As others have said if you think you'll ever want it then get it from the start, there's a few invaluable items in there that you'll want sooner rather than later.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Captain Walker posted:

I picked up Bloodstained awhile back and finally tried to start it up, and...I can't? After the 505 Games/Inti Creates movie and the CRIWARE/Unreal splash screens, white screen of death. I can still access the Home menu but the game itself is straight-up unplayable, at least while undocked. Anyone else have the same issue?
Honestly unless you really have no other way to play Bloodstained I'd get a refund and get it somewhere else. The Switch port is playable at best, I ended up buying it on Steam and it plays much better than on Switch. There's input lag, there's crashes, there's graphical issues, and the loading times are atrocious. It's a great game, as long as you're not playing it on the Nintendo Switch.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

will we have gold fun points and platinum fun points

The platinum fun points will be digital backgrounds for the thread and cost $20 to ship. Better deal than what Nintendo offers!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

StrixNebulosa posted:

You don't need it, but it rules and had some of my favorite things in it, and I liked the vanilla stuff in BOTW a LOT.

So, no, don't need it to enjoy the game, but I STRONGLY recommend it.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dang the flip grip is out of stock and people are trying to sell for crazy money on eBay! Sucks

I got Oxenfree, Superbeat and some Groove Coaster DLC, feeling good

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just played a bunch of MK8D with my wife and two kids, and holy poo poo, I kind of forgot how much pure fun that whole thing is.

No wonder it never goes on sale; doesn't need to. Buy this game.

Also, Nintendo, if you add MK DLC to the expansion pack, you'll have yet another goldmine on your hands.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Update: wait gently caress we don’t have internet in the new house until tomorrow so the zelda question is temporarily irrelevant.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Update: wait gently caress we don’t have internet in the new house until tomorrow so the zelda question is temporarily irrelevant.

If you're in the US: Amazon, Walmart and GameStop have it available for $14.43 right now. Should just send you the code to enter in the eShop once you have internet.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Or take your Switch outside

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I’m too tired after moving to do anything fancy, watching Goseiger instead of games now. Zelda tomorrow!

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
I pretty much 100%ed Hades and now just started Dead Cells. It gives me a good video game feeling. :nsa:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SpicyPete posted:

I do. I like how you can pop them off an use them as a regular big rear end controller as well. The rumble isn't the best but I'd rather have something than the nothing that comes in the Split Pad for around the same price.

I've had 0 with them in the 4 months I've been using them.

Though my opinion might be invalid since I also like the original Duke Xbox controller.

I really like them but the one problem is they are so chonky that when I dock with them on it blocks the USB ports. I don't know if that's only an issue with the OLED dock or if it does the same on the normal dock.

Regardless of that I'm leaving them on my Switch, and undocking the switch if I need to charge other controllers

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
wow what a deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCTc8SC94pE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfriHy8rzLU

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what the gently caress dude.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

please stop posting

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Saint's Row 4 is like $3 on the eshop right now wtf

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bust Rodd

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Smirking_Serpent posted:

please stop posting

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I dont like mega picross wtf is this poo poo. Regular picross only for me thanks!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MatchaZed posted:

Thanks for the heads up!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

MatchaZed posted:

That's insane everybody buy it

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 22, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
jeez wtf yeah like 4 bucks AUD. Its not the best SR game by a long shot but I like it.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I got a choice between buying a iced long black or saints row 4 and I think I’m feelin a little thirsty

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MatchaZed posted:

I know literally nothing about this series but just purchased at this price

Thanks

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I dont like mega picross wtf is this poo poo. Regular picross only for me thanks!!

That was my reaction too, but stick with it. It has it's own logic, but once you figure it out, it makes sense and is satisfying

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
speaking of cheap stuff, Overcooked is $2: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/overcooked-special-edition-switch/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I know literally nothing about this series but just purchased at this price

Thanks

it's like gta but isn't nearly as miserably serious and is generally better for it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Saints Row 4 is like GTA except you are explicitly not causing mayhem in the "real" world and driving is pointless.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Saint's Row is "GTA: The Good Parts Version".

4 isn't the best, but it's fun. 3 is basically perfect.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

3 would be okay if the plot hadn't been slashed to pieces.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
A Robot Named Fight is also $2: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/a-robot-named-fight-switch/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

good. more for me.