Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

mikemil828 posted:

Mascot, a limited class where you wear ridiculous outfits to gain access to two different classes abilities, for example, a Tonberry outfit gives you Samurai and Black Mage.

FFX-2 expansion when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

sirtommygunn posted:

One thing I will say though is that a lot of cutscenes in this expansion were not made with a bow wielder in mind.

Clearly you should've been brandishing a nice book.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Jetrauben posted:

It's not clear if the universe is empty or just the areas Meteion observed. A sample size of 108 worlds is still pretty small.

This is true, but it would be a hell of a coincidence to find every single one of those 108 dead or dying. It's also suggested but not stated that Midgardsormr settled on Etheirys because it was the only planet he found that wasn't dead or dying.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ironslave posted:

This is true, but it would be a hell of a coincidence to find every single one of those 108 dead or dying. It's also suggested but not stated that Midgardsormr settled on Etheirys because it was the only planet he found that wasn't dead or dying.

I think she says herself she gave some of them "a little push" or something along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if (Endwalker MSQ ending) Meteion had a more direct hand than she said in the downfall of a lot of the worlds she visited.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jetrauben posted:

It's not clear if the universe is empty or just the areas Meteion observed. A sample size of 108 worlds is still pretty small.

Ohhhhh okay, I was burning through plot quickly and didn't notice there was a number given. That makes it a little less bleak I guess. At some point I'm probably going to go back and do some new game + to take the plot at a slower pace and read things more closely.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Do you get tomestone rewards for completing trusts like you would if you used duty finder?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

cheetah7071 posted:

Every tank except dry got a broken-feeling button

Poor drk

Shadowbringer doesn't *feel* broken but it's actually a pretty great amount of potency for a no resource two charge AoE oGCD. And TBN is still just as good as ever if you know how to use it. The thing about it is at a 15s cooldown you can have it up for a huge chunk of the fight, it just requires, like, fight knowledge. And while Oblation is *incredibly boring* it's actually really nice for things like shared tankbusters or just to be an even greater offtank.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ironslave posted:

continued spoilers from this.

DOES he explicitly say that? He says Etheriys was 'a lone light of hope' or something...Could that just mean he understood the whole aether shell protecting it thing, or that hydaelyn herself signaled to him that it was safe? I think it's fair to say Meteion did a good deal of damage to the universe but wouldn't really fit the message of the expansion if literally every star but ours is dead.

Also 'spoiler' for the end of the studium quests

Plus we know that at the very least the Sharlayans would very much like to begin exploring the stars and carrying a message of hope so it'd be a bit of poor storytelling if the resolution to that down the line was 'ope, we're alone actually'.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Draxion posted:

The only gatherer you really shouldn't use leves for is FSH. Just sit at one fishing hole and get your 300k xp per large fish until you can do the next studium quest, then sit at the pond it sends you to.

5 Ocean Fishing trips + the studium quests were enough to get me from 80 to 90 and gave me thousands of white scrips, no need to grind random fish.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Just about exactly two hours to get through a ~3500 person queue this evening. Last weekend I stayed logged in all day from morning to evening on both Saturday and Sunday, but it made me feel like garbage physically and mentally. Just not worth it. I'll play for a bit in the morning, and then fire up the long queue in the evening, but I need to run errands and see sunlight at some point during the day.

Currently sitting at level 86 on the MSQ and holy poo poo this expansion goes in some crazy directions. It's been the same amount of "content" as far as number of zones, dungeons, trials etc. go, but in terms of plot it feels like 80-83 is an entire expansion's worth, and now I'm going through a second one, and I can only imagine what kind of craziness is yet to come.

I'm doing RDM through the MSQ, but I'm enjoying SMN and Sage running dungeons and roulettes. New SMN feels conceptually very similar to RDM in the way it has very simple, clearly delineated rotations, as well as looking loving awesome.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Tamba posted:

5 Ocean Fishing trips + the studium quests were enough to get me from 80 to 90 and gave me thousands of white scrips, no need to grind random fish.

It's a very good idea to unlock the venture fish if you have a FSH retainer. Also spearfishing the Shallows Cod is a lot of money, if you're the sort of person who doesn't mind repeated spearfishing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ironslave posted:

108 worlds is also another pointer to the Buddhist influence on the story’s philosophy, since we’re on that topic.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

TTBF posted:

Do you get tomestone rewards for completing trusts like you would if you used duty finder?

You do, yeah.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

sexpig by night posted:

DOES he explicitly say that? He says Etheriys was 'a lone light of hope' or something...Could that just mean he understood the whole aether shell protecting it thing, or that hydaelyn herself signaled to him that it was safe? I think it's fair to say Meteion did a good deal of damage to the universe but wouldn't really fit the message of the expansion if literally every star but ours is dead.

Also 'spoiler' for the end of the studium quests

Plus we know that at the very least the Sharlayans would very much like to begin exploring the stars and carrying a message of hope so it'd be a bit of poor storytelling if the resolution to that down the line was 'ope, we're alone actually'.

In any case, the conclusion of the MSQ has life restarting, potentially on a grand scale, across the cosmos.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Endwalker complete. Msq anyway. I had to pull a marathon today because I was close and servers will be down for my playtime tomorrow night. Going to take a nice long break, let the queues recover a bit, and play my level 6 rogue next time I play.

I will say I was fine with all the final zone music but I can't stand the short repeating song for the second half of Labyrinthos. Or Kholusia for that matter. They are both earworms, too short, and legit give me a headache if I don't break them up with mount music. That was my only major complaint, besides the queue/error stuff of course.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

108 worlds is also another pointer to the Buddhist influence on the story’s philosophy, since we’re on that topic.

Alternatively, (EW endgame) 108 stars means that 7.0 will in fact be the start of an extended Suikoden arc. It'll culminate in the world's most fully featured pachinko simulator being added to the Gold Saucer, furthering FF14's hold on the critical Japanese gambler demographic.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

random question but can someone remind me, was O4S the first boss that had a special Savage phase transition?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

sexpig by night posted:

This is why I said "suggested but not stated." It is not explicit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Good ol' FFXIV names. I just got a random dungeon with Capitalism Propaganda and Communist Vanu as the tank and healer.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ImpAtom posted:

Good ol' FFXIV names. I just got a random dungeon with Capitalism Propaganda and Communist Vanu as the tank and healer.

So were you Inuyasha Flameweaver or...?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
is there much point to leveling crafting stuff besides just making the numbers bigger on your class page?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HackensackBackpack posted:

So were you Inuyasha Flameweaver or...?

everyone knows Imp's Pinball Greg

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Xerophyte posted:

Alternatively, (EW endgame) 108 stars means that 7.0 will in fact be the start of an extended Suikoden arc. It'll culminate in the world's most fully featured pachinko simulator being added to the Gold Saucer, furthering FF14's hold on the critical Japanese gambler demographic.

Julyan Manderville hears about what the Sharlayans are doing to food and establishes Kitchen Stadium.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tabletops posted:

is there much point to leveling crafting stuff besides just making the numbers bigger on your class page?

money, and being able to craft your own gear, also housing/cosmetic stuff.

Plus the guild stories/facet/studium stuff is actually pretty fun and we're at a point where you can easily just buy your way to success through the slow low levels

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Also the crafting beast tribes have consistently been the best ones.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tabletops posted:

"I craft for the story," I say unironically

homeless snail posted:

yes, yes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tabletops posted:

Being able to make your own crafted gear when it drops, housing items, music rolls, potions and foods for raiding, they all have their own storylines and casts of characters like the combat classes.

It's fun!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

homeless snail posted:

oh yea this too, if you craft your reward is getting to hang out with airship piloting lizards, moogles, namazu, dwarfs, and almost certainly the moon-bunnies eventually so really it's just a list of winners.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hcNxfMW7o

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair you can get a solid gold version of this without crafting if you're willing to shell out 50 million gil!!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Professor Beetus posted:

Discussing the 87 spoilers above, I really was floored that the universe was apparently just that bleak. Like fuuuuuck, everywhere else in the galaxy/universe just dead except for Etheryis? jfc

also lmao that he sent her out with that question rather than perhaps something more reasonable like "is there other life in the universe?" I think the original inhabitants of Etheryis were just kinda dumbasses tbh.

Despite Emet's talk of Amaurot being a glorious perfect society of enlightened philosophers what they really were was something less flattering:

Literal goddamn children. Emotionally stunted and completely unprepared.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Badger of Basra posted:

random question but can someone remind me, was O4S the first boss that had a special Savage phase transition?

O4S was the first savage that had a checkpoint for the real fight.

A8S did a special phase transition with (Spoiler for 5 year old raid content) Brute Justice's glowy form and 2nd HP bar. This is the phase that starts with Gavel and then ends with the J-Wave soft into hard enrage

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I have Walked the End, and never have I seen a story that has so many good moments yet is so relentlessly determined to piss it away. What a loving mess of an expansion, and I can't believe this is the same team that did Shadowbringers.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Cythereal posted:

I have Walked the End, and never have I seen a story that has so many good moments yet is so relentlessly determined to piss it away. What a loving mess of an expansion, and I can't believe this is the same team that did Shadowbringers.

lmao

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cythereal posted:

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cythereal posted:

really? Every moment was pissed away?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cythereal posted:

wat

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cythereal posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Dragons breathing fire over Ishgard... I watched fireworks explode in the new dark of the First. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in rain... Time to die.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Cythereal posted:

cythrealposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cythereal posted:

Honestly they should put this post on the box art.