Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
mad men is very similar to the sopranos in style and structure (I.e. a soap opera for men) but personally I prefer it. I dunno, I just like watching people drink whiskey and answer telephones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MLSM posted:

The Witcher season 2 loving owns and everyone here should watch it

i watched the first 2 eps so far and im liking it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've started watching the Sopranos for the first time.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The first couple eps are slow in the sopranos

But then it takes off and it can be ridiculously funny as times imo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good soup! posted:

Yeah I can already tell how everyone that raves about the sopranos built their personality out of it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah I can already tell how everyone that raves about the sopranos built their personality out of it.

i fuckin' love you, peppa ann

tony, you're in love with the fact that this is wrong

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
He was gay, Gary Cooper?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i say swears online posted:

Disney's Pepper Ann is in the sopranos?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The entire sequence with the water planet in Interstellar is just as ridiculous as any dumb poo poo in Prometheus.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The entire sequence with the water planet in Interstellar is just as ridiculous as any dumb poo poo in Prometheus.

yeah but it looks a lot better and is more thrilling

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

indigi posted:

yeah but it looks a lot better and is more thrilling

Fair. Well, mostly the former.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Aglet56 posted:

mad men is very similar to the sopranos in style and structure (I.e. a soap opera for men) but personally I prefer it. I dunno, I just like watching people drink whiskey and answer telephones

Everyone of these prestige series from the 2000's created so much toxic bullshit. I'm thinking Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Sopranos. It's almost like people are awful.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

everything about interstellar was painfully dumb. love transcends time and space, the centre of the universe is behind my daughters bookcase. gently caress Nolan is an awful writer

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

thatfatkid posted:

everything about interstellar was painfully dumb. love transcends time and space, the centre of the universe is behind my daughters bookcase. gently caress Nolan is an awful writer

i liked it a lot and maybe I cried a lil bit when Matt Damon died

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Matt Damon was the only good part, yea. More films should have him show up outta nowhere

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I liked Michael Caine's reveal as a villain.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I also finally watched the Peter Jackson King Kong and literally none of it has aged well.

I find the cheap/fake slow motion more offensive than the crazy racist depictions tho.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
lol the obviously white extras dressed up as LOTR orcs to depict "natives" was a stroke of genius. Peter Jackson isn't a very good director when he's not doing horror-comedy.

I wish he'd do stuff like The Frighteners again, that movie is awesome

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I also finally watched the Peter Jackson King Kong and literally none of it has aged well.

I find the cheap/fake slow motion more offensive than the crazy racist depictions tho.

it already aged horribly and was bad when it came out

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the token black guy who loves heart of darkness will never stop being funny its only slightly less absurd than an uncle ruckus bit

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

thatfatkid posted:

lol the obviously white extras dressed up as LOTR orcs to depict "natives" was a stroke of genius. Peter Jackson isn't a very good director when he's not doing horror-comedy.

I wish he'd do stuff like The Frighteners again, that movie is awesome
Those were shipwrecked brits who had gone insane not being able to buy golliwog dolls, and ended up building a society where your social status was based around how faithfully you reproduced stereotypes of "natives".

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Good soup! posted:

the whole segment where they go to Rome on business and paulie and the goons blundering about like a bunch of weebs visiting Tokyo for the first time was spectacular

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
https://twitter.com/skurletonva/status/1435000751948972035?s=21

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
did we ever talk about anne rice? dont ever read her bdsm books

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

did we ever talk about anne rice? dont ever read her bdsm books

are they hosed up or just not steamy enough

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

skipmyseashells posted:

yes

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

skipmyseashells posted:

It's hosed up and very regrettable. Steamy like a hot turd on a cold night

I read several of her vampire books but can't honestly remember a single thing about them and can only remember the movies. I used to think I liked the Interview with a Vampire movie but now I think it's also kind of regrettable

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Dec 20, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I've watched The Santa Clause a few times but I never really caught onto the joke that Judge Reinhold's character (a psychiatrist) lost his belief in Santa when he didn't receive a tiny hot dog whistle for Christmas when he was three. The scene at the end where he toots on it is hilarious.

Also the way the cops escalate their use of force so that by the end they're swarming a suburban home with automatic rifles trained on it.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jaskier Schindler

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

thatfatkid posted:

Matt Damon was the only good part, yea. More films should have him show up outta nowhere

his episodes of 30 rock are great and he's always pretty unassuming so you never know if his character is gonna be cool or an rear end in a top hat

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

He plays a great dope in Downsizing.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

his episodes of 30 rock are great and he's always pretty unassuming so you never know if his character is gonna be cool or an rear end in a top hat

the scene where he goes off about The Legend of The Guardians: The Owls Of Ga'Hoole will never leave my brain.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the scene where he goes off about The Legend of The Guardians: The Owls Of Ga'Hoole will never leave my brain.

no! I wanted the books to slide off!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

the plot in that episode is confusing. Jack doesn't want his kid to be born in Canada because then he couldn't be president but Ted Cruz definitely ran for president

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lmao there's a whole scene where Alec Baldwin has an entire conversation about the death of Alexander Hamilton.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the plot in that episode is confusing. Jack doesn't want his kid to be born in Canada because then he couldn't be president but Ted Cruz definitely ran for president

as i recall, people were definitely making fun of ted cruz for not being a "natural-born american" and maybe it would've had more traction if cruz hadn't eaten poo poo so early in the primaries

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I've watched The Santa Clause a few times but I never really caught onto the joke that Judge Reinhold's character (a psychiatrist) lost his belief in Santa when he didn't receive a tiny hot dog whistle for Christmas when he was three. The scene at the end where he toots on it is hilarious.

Also the way the cops escalate their use of force so that by the end they're swarming a suburban home with automatic rifles trained on it.

Santa Clause isn't a great movie, but it's far better than it has any right to be. i';ll prob watch it this week

Jingle All the Way is still (one of) the best christmas movie. if you havent seen it or it';s been decades, go hit that one up this week.

I watched The Boy Called Christmas show on netflix on friday. it was surprisingly good and cute. maggie smith is ye olde as gently caress now though holy moly. it was funny that the elf place was like super diverse town with like every single human-equivalent 'race' pointedly placed in there equally.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 09:58 on Dec 20, 2021

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

there's an episode where he makes a lifetime movie to get his wife out of a north korean prison and also one of the characters is immortal. it's a setup for jokes

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!