Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
So what did the special newspaper cover thing turn out to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Important stuffing tip: crumble a lot of Stilton in there with it

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
Roast Jerusalem artichokes are the most important Christmas food, but good luck finding artichokes in shops. My Christmases have been deficient for years now.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Mourning Due posted:

A warning RE goose:

We did one like 6-7 years ago, came out quite nice, was for shredding which was a bit weird. Decided to try a normal one in 2019: was a total disaster. We're relatively experienced cooks, were watching it & basting the whole time per a recipe, used a meat thermometer etc, and over the course of maybe a minute it went from "this thing looks raw" to this:

Literally couldn't carve it. No idea what happened. Texture was like...incredibly hard layers of crepe paper, or ice shards.

Was an expensive "has known only joy" bird as well, £75. I was absolutely gutted. We attempted a rescue operation and were able to make some decent soups/curries by rehydrating pieces, but yeah, never roasting a whole one again if this is a potential outcome.

My family always have goose and this has never happend to us. It's actually really, really hard to overcook goose that much so congrats I guess. Maybe your oven isn't so good? Either that or what you thought was raw was actually well done. Next time get a food thermometer and take the guesswork out.

Honestly there is no food better than the crispy, fatty goose skin. It's like tasting god.

Aphex- fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 20, 2021

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Barry Foster posted:

THE QUEEN IS DGET BOOSTED NOW (seem to be different colours for different papers)

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

https://twitter.com/angryray66/status/1472839343236648960?s=21

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
As expected. Boring

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

Noxville posted:

Important stuffing tip: crumble a lot of Stilton in there with it

I'm glad the government are handing out cooking tips but this does seem a little excessive.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

crispix posted:

liz truss has been made chief brexit negotiator, i'm sure she'll get a very good deal there, with her folder and telephone everything

That's genuinely one of my favorite pics of all time, she just looks so genuinely stoked to be in her important new job. Its like when a small child plays dressing up and really gets into the role :3:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I am extremely annoyed that the Daily Mail gets a claret and blue colour scheme and take it as a personal insult by Her Majesty's Government.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Do the government have to pay an insane amount of money to take out that kind of advertising, or is there just an edict to make the newspapers do it?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Work Meeting told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Answers Me posted:

Do the government have to pay an insane amount of money to take out that kind of advertising, or is there just an edict to make the newspapers do it?

I suspect there's legislation allowing the government to do it for free, for a few specific issues.
And if there is, then a Public Health crisis should always be on that list.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
GET GOOSE FED NOW :goose:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The Omicron goatman logo continues to amuse.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm glad the government are handing out cooking tips but this does seem a little excessive.

That wasn't a cooking tip.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I'm probably going to roast the beefs this year for the carnivorous portion with the standard quorn roast to back it up

I'm not too fussed at having a turkey/chicken/goose/whatever just for tradition but I might get one if I see one cheap after xmas cause the few times I have had turkey done right it was amazing

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

If there are multiple meetings do they hold them all in Cabinet Office Briefing Room I?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sure lucky for the gov that the booster adverts got Boris' boozy lunch meeting off the front page.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

DesperateDan posted:

turkey done right

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

That's genuinely one of my favorite pics of all time, she just looks so genuinely stoked to be in her important new job. Its like when a small child plays dressing up and really gets into the role :3:

So long as she increases the chance for reunification here in Norn Irn (pissing off the DUP would be a sweet bonus).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
95% reunification but the loyalists somehow get Dál Riata as an independent kingdom would be the level of competence I expect.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

DesperateDan posted:

I'm probably going to roast the beefs this year

The correct move would be to pickle the onions but at least you're not flamin' the hots

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/1472840233293160448?s=21

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1472853890945241091

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

So that's PM Truss in January then.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I can’t tell how much this Liz Truss thing is a joke. Could she actually end up as PM?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Says the man who was unaware that France is a short distance across the English Channel from Dover.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

peanut- posted:

I can’t tell how much this Liz Truss thing is a joke. Could she actually end up as PM?

She's pretty popular among the Tory base but it's unclear how she'd do against the traditional knifing.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Why? Why is she popular? What has she ever done that would make anyone think she’s good? The Tory brain is just astonishing.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Never had a big scandal, signed lots of impressive-sounding Brexit deals, pork market enthusiast.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

She annoys people who aren't Tories and that's like 90% of the material needs of a tory voter at this point

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Set the dugs on the drug drones.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

peanut- posted:

Why? Why is she popular? What has she ever done that would make anyone think she’s good? The Tory brain is just astonishing.

What did Boris do, other than backstab May?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

She's also incredibly dumb, and is the perfect puppet to be manipulated into making her disaster capitalist friends super rich (more so)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It fits the Thick of It trajectory where the series returned after a while and the useless woman was suddenly somehow PM

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

BigglesSWE posted:

What did Boris do, other than backstab May?
He was the face of Brexit from 2016, popular London mayor, lad, wrote some columns that the lefties call racist just because of all the slurs and watermelons and calling for Africa to be British again.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Marmaduke! posted:

It fits the Thick of It trajectory where the series returned after a while and the useless woman was suddenly somehow PM

Nicola Murray was never PM, there was an election between series 3 and 4 (or 4 and 5, they're very inconsistent in how they count series) which not-Brown lost, and she became leader of the opposition before being knifed by Dan Miller.

The thing is I'm beginning to think that Ianucci thinks that Millibander becoming leader was a happy ending and Not Campbell being destroyed was a bad thing.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Skull Servant posted:

So that's PM Truss in January then.

Hmm yes, I can see that. Strong and stable. Stick a bit of A4 with a smiley face on the front, and a tape recorder spouting slogans hidden inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

peanut- posted:

She's popular because he's white & reminds them of Mrs Thatcher & Tories are loving freaks.