Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I bet manchin outright saying I killed this bill gently caress you will still get blamed on the progressives that bent over repeatedly and cut more than half of the original proposal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol manchin killed BBB and the dems will do absolutely nothing to him. hell I bet they’ll fundraise for him before sending a progressive a single cent

Well it's been firmly established that Dems don't primary their own

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nothus posted:

This is the only play they have left. Progressives are both an insignificant minority unworthy of attention and also responsible for the party's complete ossification and destruction.

:umberto:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1472959135557763084

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bet manchin outright saying I killed this bill gently caress you will still get blamed on the progressives that bent over repeatedly and cut more than half of the original proposal

it’s their fault for allowing pelosi to separate the highway bill from the SALT tax cut.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

lol manchin killed BBB and the dems will do absolutely nothing to him. hell I bet they’ll fundraise for him before sending a progressive a single cent

they literally don't even realize why people will be mad at them for this. to them the highest level of punishment is "being bad mouthed in the media", because perception in the media is all any of them are concerned with.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

I think the republicans took uh that nazi dude from Iowa's away? Indiana?

Yeah Steve King got his committee assignments revoked, and then, as I recall, he got primaried by someone who was exactly as bad as him but who knew how to keep his mouth shut.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

incredible

hats off to Manchin for completely owning the dumbocrat party for an entire year

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol Daou is flipping his poo poo and I am here for it

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

docbeard posted:

Yeah Steve King got his committee assignments revoked, and then, as I recall, he got primaried by someone who was exactly as bad as him but who knew how to keep his mouth shut.

yeah that's his name. I knew it was steve something but was far too lazy to actually look it up

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I think there's an outside chance that Manchin might see some kind of consequences here, not because he fulfilled his role as Rotating Villain, but because he embarrassed the White House this time.

Like, I still mostly doubt it but it's possible.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

That's not even Lyin Liz's final form!!!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm pretty sure someone already posted a fundraising email for Manchin from the demonrat party

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

docbeard posted:

I think there's an outside chance that Manchin might see some kind of consequences here, not because he fulfilled his role as Rotating Villain, but because he embarrassed the White House this time.

being embarrassed requires self-awareness

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

docbeard posted:

Oh Manchin is going to see consequences, positive ones.

The White House is going to bend even further over backwards for him now. They’ll further destroy what little climate agenda they have. They’ll stop even pretending to like unions. Anything anything to get Manchin back to the bargaining table.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Biden is going to eat coal flavored ice cream.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

lol Daou is flipping his poo poo and I am here for it

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1472574331968499717?s=20

hooting and hollering for chairmain daou

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Biden's probably pretty cross that the bill which had been watered down to nothing and that he did nothing to help pass, was defeated by the sinister manchin

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

docbeard posted:

Even if you believe that he's doing this on his own and Biden isn't fine with him, no one in the party has any leverage at all over him.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

incredible

hats off to Manchin for completely owning the dumbocrat party for an entire year

The Democrats clearly also knew, it was the public who was in the dark.

It sounds like Schumer is going to keep pushing until “something” is passed next year.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

docbeard posted:

Jack, you don't just take things from a senator - listen - when my dad sat us down at the dinner table, he'd say eat your peas. gotta eat your peas. I don't see a lot of peas in the menu anymore. things are changing, and you know, I think that's wonderful. it's wonderful. but I'm here to tell you, we gotta do it right.

swarm of handlers: the president has finished his remarks

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ardennes posted:

The Democrats clearly also knew, it was the public who was in the dark.

It sounds like Schumer is going to keep pushing until “something” is passed next year.

I know I just wanted to post "dumbocrat party"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

has anyone said dems are a bunch of loving idiots yet

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Of course, we didn't give them the votes they don't need and don't want because we're fired from voting, so all blame for the decisions made by Democratic politicians that have won all their elections falls squarely upon our collective heads

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

it's gonna rule when manchin is up for reelection and we're told that only manchin can win west virginia so criticizing him isn't helping the dem cause

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Srice posted:

it's gonna rule when manchin is up for reelection and we're told that only manchin can win west virginia so criticizing him isn't helping the dem cause

isn't he retiring

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pryor on Fire posted:

Manchin and Sinema did the smart thing, their tactics are extremely effective against the spineless Dems. The entire Dem apparatus has spent a year catering to every whim and obviously corrupt handout they demand, and no matter how many times they demand more they always get it.

Why would they ever stop? They are just going to ratchet up this tactic and have more senators copy their gameplan next year. Pelosi and Schumer will continue to cater to them, it's all they know.

ultimately what joe Manchin wanted was to do nothing which happens to be the democrats platform

he’s effective for the dems not against

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

DEAR STEVEN

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/rmc031/status/1472910286139047943

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

a bill clinton democrat

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How awesome must Manchin have felt for a full year knowing he was just going to torpedo this thing regardless of any factor while the progressive caucus he loathes begs for scraps?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
https://twitter.com/TonyRecluse/status/1472964483622526989

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

all getting covid there

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/tify330/status/1472934262844403714

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Joe munchin deez nuts!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

compared to the federal goverment running a trillion dollar deficit and counting

:ok:

this disgusting myth has to end

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Demings doesn't have a prayer in hell but lmao at the idea she wouldn't be doing the same thing if she got the chance

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/eclecticbrotha/status/1472813829872668674

lol they did find a way and were relentlessly poo poo on for hurting joe manchins feelings in trying to use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

has anyone said dems are a bunch of loving idiots yet

go for it but i strongly suggest throwing in a few more signifiers like maliciously loving evil