Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I just heard Nancy Pelosi scream "Buy the dip!" From 1000 miles away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Bogus Adventure posted:

"Look, I'm just saying that Trump and Stephen Miller have some good ideas..."
-Chad Hitler

Wait 'till you find out about former (lawfull elected) member of Italian parliament, Alessandra Mussolini.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Gutter Phoenix posted:

It would be great to see up and coming heavyweight boxing champions take turns pummeling Rupert Murdoch's balls like a speedbag every night on TV.

Changing my vote to this if we haven't closed the polls.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Wait 'till you find out about former (lawfull elected) member of Italian parliament, Alessandra Mussolini.

I am still lolling that she decided to go to bat for Grandpa Funny Face

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

No, you eat it like a regular slice and then eat the crust last. Eating pizza backwards is for weirdos.

Yeah that eating backwards thing was an advertising gimmick from Pizza Hut or whoever. I've never seen anyone purposely eat a pizza backwards.

More importantly, though, Trungus wouldn't eat something as fancy as stuffed crust. He probably likes extra burnt thin crust from Sbarro that he eats with a knife and fork (that last part is actually true, motherfucker went to New York and ate pizza with utensils, in public)

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/19/the-enemies-of-american-democracy-big-lie-big-anger-and-big-money

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Doctor Butts posted:

They're incredibly lazy and entitled. One of the other hilarious things they complain about is that if taxes are too high, they don't make though money for it to be worth it.

And without them, that money can't be made.

Like, a million people will take your place for a chance to make that 'paltry' amount.
To the left, to the left
Everything you own in a box to the left

What I'm loving (among many other things) about the sudden tilt towards workers having power is that it's shown how weak businesses are. I remember when the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" came out and I read it (it took three minutes) and thought, well, CEOs are going to love giving this to workers as they lay them off. Big business has destroyed the idea of employee loyalty and made it common to move from one job to another simply because you'd lost a job through no fault of your own. Now people understand that companies do not remotely have their best interests at heart. Workers have had it driven into their heads for years that your employer doesn't care about you and won't treat you well. Workers are tough now, and employers aren't.

I just get so happy every time I think about it.

And yeah, the same is true of rich people, or something. I don't know how I got from "tax the rich" to "gently caress corporate." It's not a large leap though.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Hazo posted:

Yeah that eating backwards thing was an advertising gimmick from Pizza Hut or whoever. I've never seen anyone purposely eat a pizza backwards.

More importantly, though, Trungus wouldn't eat something as fancy as stuffed crust. He probably likes extra burnt thin crust from Sbarro that he eats with a knife and fork (that last part is actually true, motherfucker went to New York and ate pizza with utensils, in public)

I dated a girl in college who ate pizza that way. We didn't last the semester.

cantwellmuckenfuss
Mar 30, 2011

Shishkahuben posted:

Manchin isn't a hunting-and-fishing redneck. My dad knows him personally because they're both pilots. He's a planes-and-yachts executive who happens to have a residence in Charleston.

I'm willing to bet he's a "hunter" by way of some exclusive and very expensive hunting club.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1472957123449569290

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I dated a girl in college who ate pizza that way. We didn't last the semester.

It's okay nobody's going to make fun of you for dating trump.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:bisonyes:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Washington Post: Democrat Leaders Fire A New Shot at Manchin as his Isolation Deepens

Yay! We did it!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I'm certain there's a mathematical formula for voting patterns that takes into account distance from the ocean, border length, population density, average temperature and humidity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Last Call posted:

Trump tells his supporters not to boo after revealing he got a booster shot and is pro-vaccination

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-supporters-booed-jeered-revealed-151236632.html

Former President Trump at a rally in Wellington, Ohio, in June.REUTERS/Gaelen Morse/File Photo

Trump told supporters not to boo when he announced he'd gotten the COVID-19 booster shot.

The audience cheered when Trump said he was opposed to vaccine mandates.

But the reaction changed when Trump and Bill O'Reilly said they were vaccinated and had boosters.

Supporters of former President Donald Trump booed and jeered when he announced on Sunday that he had received a COVID-19 booster shot and was in favor of the vaccine.

Trump made the comments during an appearance on the former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly's "History Tour." Newsweek first reported on the remarks.

The former president drew cheers from the crowd when he said that he was opposed to vaccine mandates, adding, "If you don't want to take it, you shouldn't be forced to take it. No mandates."

But the crowd's reaction shifted when Trump and O'Reilly revealed they were both vaccinated and had gotten booster shots.

According to Newsweek, after O'Reilly told the audience that he and Trump were vaccinated, he asked Trump if he received a booster shot, to which Trump replied, "Yes."

"I got it, too," O'Reilly said.

Newsweek reported that the crowd then started booing Trump and that he had to tamp down the audience's reaction which appeared to be coming from one side of the arena.

"Don't, don't, don't," Trump said. "That's all right. It's a very tiny group up there."

Trump's comments over the weekend came a few months after he told reporters that he would not be getting a booster shot.

"I feel like I'm in good shape from that standpoint — I probably won't" get one, he told The Wall Street Journal in a September interview. Later he added, "I'm not against it, but it's probably not for me."

Trump has repeatedly sent mixed messages about the COVID-19 vaccine to his base, a big chunk of which remains reluctant to get the shot.

god what a little bitch. he will probably stay away from saying anything pro shot at this point now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I'm a simple man, all I know about is big asses and big titties

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god what a little bitch. he will probably stay away from saying anything pro shot at this point now.

Nah this happened to him once already. He's gonna keep loving that chicken because he wants credit for inventing the amazing vaccine and saving the world.

Notice how all he talks about in that interview clip with O'Reilly is who gets credit. He's obsessed with it

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 20, 2021

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

If people from the San Francisco area keep moving to Lake Tahoe, it could turn one of those light pink districts blue, too.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sedgr posted:

Trumps afraid of dying because he knows the things hes done, and he's afraid he might get judged by a power he can't control.

I really believe this is the case. He’s not religious and probably thinks that when you die, that’s it, BUUUUT… I think he’s likely one of those people who harbors some doubt deep in their mind about it.

He knows what he is, he knows what he’s done, and I bet he thinks “if there IS a hell, I am definitely going there”

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Outrail posted:

I'm certain there's a mathematical formula for voting patterns that takes into account distance from the ocean, border length, population density, average temperature and humidity.

that ol' joke about how covid spread is determined first by population density, then by population density, applies pretty cleanly to voting patterns as well

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

trickybiscuits posted:

To the left, to the left
Everything you own in a box to the left

What I'm loving (among many other things) about the sudden tilt towards workers having power is that it's shown how weak businesses are. I remember when the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" came out and I read it (it took three minutes) and thought, well, CEOs are going to love giving this to workers as they lay them off. Big business has destroyed the idea of employee loyalty and made it common to move from one job to another simply because you'd lost a job through no fault of your own. Now people understand that companies do not remotely have their best interests at heart. Workers have had it driven into their heads for years that your employer doesn't care about you and won't treat you well. Workers are tough now, and employers aren't.

I just get so happy every time I think about it.

And yeah, the same is true of rich people, or something. I don't know how I got from "tax the rich" to "gently caress corporate." It's not a large leap though.

It's so weird and quaint to read things from even like 20-30 years ago where it was the standard expectation that you would work for the same company your whole life, and they would give you a gold watch upon your retirement (this was usually thought of as both a nice rite-of-passage thing but also sort of a slap in the face, a material trinket for a lifetime of service); and the company could order you to move to another state with your whole family and you'd just do it because get another job? What? Lol??

I feel like the software industry tore down a lot of those traditions as employees realized they could ladder their way up by jumping from company to company every couple of years because the employers were always desperate for nerds to write code to make their Disruptive New Technologies.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The X-man cometh posted:

If people from the San Francisco area keep moving to Lake Tahoe, it could turn one of those light pink districts blue, too.

yeah the light red district that's touching nevada is where lake tahoe is..

also this doesn't account people dying from COVID yet. wonder how much it's affected the census

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

However remember WHY people move FROM blue areas to red ones. It's not to be Blue Ambassadors

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1473000785889804288?t=9Zebp5P8bkmAPVUD6SO3kg&s=19

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Data Graham posted:

However remember WHY people move FROM blue areas to red ones. It's not to be Blue Ambassadors

Coz they can't afford to live in the big city.

Remote work is going to drive a lot of people into red areas and smooth out a (very small) degree of population density.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Outrail posted:

Coz they can't afford to live in the big city.

Remote work is going to drive a lot of people into red areas and smooth out a (very small) degree of population density.

Lots of factors about it. It's going to be a huge hairball for sociologists to figure out what the hell predominantly happened.

- Poor (left-leaning) people fleeing urban areas because of cost
- Right-leaning people who want to cosplay being cowboys
- Remote workers living their dream mountain cabin life

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How many elections do we get until those blue districts are underwater?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL Manchin singlehandedly killed the child tax credit which like 90% of his district relies on.

He's never getting re-elected.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL Manchin singlehandedly killed the child tax credit which like 90% of his district relies on.

Narrator: He was re-elected.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

I think you underestimate how profoundly stupid the American voting public is.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/status/1473037350968119300?t=GCRpSUrLqGOYKo_PwMmMFQ&s=19

If I ran the math right this means twice as many Oval Pawffice tweets! Hecking YES!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Well yeah but someone might use some money to buy drugs (like insulin!) so better not to give anything to anyone, just to be safe.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

The American electorate is famous for voting in their best interests

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If there’s anything that’ll make those darn poors straighten up and fly right, it’s making sure they never get any money

Tough love

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Manchin's Oppositional Defiant Disorder gonna be firing on all cylinders.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

I am still lolling that she decided to go to bat for Grandpa Funny Face

Spaghetti

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i assume what hodor meant is they're going to replace him with an even more conservative republican

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

loving hell lol

Here's something related and actually nice

https://twitter.com/Marco_Teruggi/status/1472777987649011725

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Aardvark! posted:

https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/status/1473037350968119300?t=GCRpSUrLqGOYKo_PwMmMFQ&s=19

If I ran the math right this means twice as many Oval Pawffice tweets! Hecking YES!

Why does that dog get to take a dump on the WH lawn, but when I do it I get arrested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1473039073535213570
loving hell, these are the same snowflakes that absolutely lose their poo poo about the tolerant left when Tuckles, son of Carl, gets told he's a bit of a bad person in a store.