Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Don't get me wrong, I'll still yell at you to vote blue, no matter who when we run exactly that again.

But! We've learned that it's bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I’m sure there’s no reason the dems are all focused on manchin instead of the republicans that Biden promised he could get to vote for his policies

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
This thread is funny to me because yes the democrats will be destroyed in 2022 but also most things will as well. Like, what makes them so special?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Human posted:

This thread is funny to me because yes the democrats will be destroyed in 2022 but also most things will as well. Like, what makes them so special?

It's about saving democracy!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Human posted:

lmao we all watched a hurricane start to form over the midwest the other day but we're worried about the democrats

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

DoubleDonut posted:

honestly, the likes of Jon Chait and Concerned Citizen losing hope is making me feel more hopeful than I have since Bernie won Nevada

Watching them squirm gives me great pleasure.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Bernie endorsed Biden since a failed and incompetent sleepy joe admin is the only way to destroy centrism / New democrats for good.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

what angle do the dems play if they lose the libs
they need their position to get the corpo funding
they can't court the GOP voters

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Paradoxish posted:

hahaha they're all so dumb holy poo poo

getting visions of getting chain probated from 2016 D&D asking "how can hillary both plunge the GOP into a thousand years of darkness AND be a ruthless bipartisan negotiator at the same time?"

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

LastInLine posted:

What more does liberalism have to accomplish? We live in a unipolar wholly neoliberal world, their project is complete. Liberals only have to defend the status quo, they have nothing left to build.

We lived in a unipolar world.

Now, however, it's increasingly hard to ignore the red sun rising in the east, and the goblins are scrambling because it caught them off guard. The good thing is they have almost certainly already lost, the bad thing is we don't know what they will take down with them.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

genuinely starting to think we're watching a major political party commit suicide completely from its own ineptitude. i genuinely cannot explain it any other way. the democrats don't even want the democrats to continue to exist

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

the bitcoin of weed posted:

genuinely starting to think we're watching a major political party commit suicide completely from its own ineptitude. i genuinely cannot explain it any other way. the democrats don't even want the democrats to continue to exist

at least they want something

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Nah they are committing suicide because their ideology demands they do and is packed with contradictions that will inevitably destroy it every time, but they cannot correct because it would cost the bourgeois demons money.

Marx predicted all of this centuries ago. Lenin elaborated on it. All we're seeing now is the two people who have been right more than anyone in history yet again being proven right.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

LastInLine posted:

What more does liberalism have to accomplish? We live in a unipolar wholly neoliberal world, their project is complete. Liberals only have to defend the status quo, they have nothing left to build.

This is true, but liberalism serves as capitals immune system against leftist movement forming out of the immiseration

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CaptainACAB posted:

Nah they are committing suicide because their ideology demands they do and is packed with contradictions that will inevitably destroy it every time, but they cannot correct because it would cost the bourgeois demons money.

Marx predicted all of this centuries ago. Lenin elaborated on it. All we're seeing now is the two people who have been right more than anyone in history yet again being proven right.

They're ideologically committed to surrendering sovereignty to the bourgeois and having society ruled by market forces. If the market decides Democrats are redundant then that's how it is.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

i mean libs are the logical end result of "the truth is always in the middle" ideologically, they don't actually believe in anything except compromise and process and decorum which is what gets you absurdities like a single senator from west virginia derailing a majority in every house and the presidency and Nothing Can Be Done but an nba strike gets barack the islamic shock to quit bulldozing hawaiian beachfront property and blocks of chicago to build temples to himself and make some phone calls

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

i mean libs are the logical end result of "the truth is always in the middle" ideologically, they don't actually believe in anything except compromise and process and decorum which is what gets you absurdities like a single senator from west virginia derailing a majority in every house and the presidency and Nothing Can Be Done but an nba strike gets barack the islamic shock to quit bulldozing hawaiian beachfront property and blocks of chicago to build temples to himself and make some phone calls

Is that what President Obunghole is up to these days? I thought he was too busy with his Netflix deal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CaptainACAB posted:

Yeah, the insane natural resource wealth of the country and their post ww2 condition hid the rot for an amazingly long time, and technical innovation kept pushing it along, but we're really seeing the internal contradictions inherent in the system.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

what angle do the dems play if they lose the libs
they need their position to get the corpo funding
they can't court the GOP voters

They die and I celebrate.

Note the GOP would be just as hosed without Trump.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Wasn't FDR a lib?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
They never had 50 votes for BBB, hell they never even defined at a basic level what BBB even included, it was constantly being adjusted and renegotiated. Manchin allowed the Dems to pretend a great bill potentially containing all your greatest political desires was just around the corner for almost a whole year, which was very nice of him.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, the insane natural resource wealth of the country and their post ww2 condition hid the rot for an amazingly long time, and technical innovation kept pushing it along, but we're really seeing the internal contradictions inherent in the system.

Much like it's cousin fascism, neoliberal capitalism is a self defeating ideology.

The stupid thing is a few slight tweaks could ensure profit for the ruling classes forevermore, but since it would be slightly less profit they not just will not, but cannot do it.

The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022 and the world will be a better place because of it.

CaptainACAB has issued a correction as of 01:12 on Dec 21, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

CaptainACAB posted:

The stupid thing is a few slight tweaks could ensure profit for the ruling classes forevermore

Wrong.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Finally getting down to important business
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1473048795697012738

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

CaptainACAB posted:

Much like it's cousin fascism, neoliberal capitalism is a self defeating ideology.

The stupid thing is a few slight tweaks could ensure profit for the ruling classes forevermore, but since it would be slightly less profit they not just will not, but cannot do it.

The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022 and the world will be a better place because of it.

it won't necessarily be better but it will be way funnier

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CaptainACAB posted:

Was Marx right when he sent his letter to Engels about the Jewish question?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

cagliostr0 posted:

Folks we've got a live one here!

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

cagliostr0 posted:

The one you've obviously never read and instead just heard about from some right wing dipshits?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I never read that one but I did read the one about how cagliostr0 is an idiot and a fucker and let me say it was riveting if a little concise

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
It's funny how fascists say both that Marx was a Jew and also he was an anti-Semite.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cagliostr0 posted:

His answer to the "question" was "who gives a poo poo"; or in longer form "sure religion is all fake but no reason to cheer on a bourgeois state making GBS threads on religious minorities for nationalistic reasons"; so yeah he more or less was

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I should just post the multiple thousand bill I just got for an er trip to an in network hospital with insurance with no medicines or treatment beyond an ekg as yet another reason the Democrats are going to get loving wrecked and I'm never voting for one again

:d2a:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Crowsbeak posted:

They die and I celebrate.

Note the GOP would be just as hosed without Trump.

the GOP doesn't really have any popular/likely pres candidates right now (except trump) but they dominate the state level so they can never be as hosed as democrats can

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ex post facho posted:

I should just post the multiple thousand bill I just got for an er trip to an in network hospital with insurance with no medicines or treatment beyond an ekg as yet another reason the Democrats are going to get loving wrecked and I'm never voting for one again

:d2a:

lol I remember when I found out about a $1500 bill I owed by getting a call from an attorney doing collections

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I once got charged 3k because a doctor didn't put a billing code in the right spot and I had to spend multiple hours over 3 months on the phone to get it sorted out I love our medical system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I once got charged 3k because a doctor didn't put a billing code in the right spot and I had to spend multiple hours over 3 months on the phone to get it sorted out I love our medical system

Good news: if you like your plan, you can keep it.