Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ironslave posted:

I am still furious we never got that as a mount.

my uncle works for square enix and he says it's coming with the next blue mage update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Up to 87 on the MSQ, just finished up the dungeon and the subsequent plot before going home.

Who could have foreseen the sweetest, most innocent character in the game becoming a major enemy? I'm shocked.

:v:

Seriously though, if Goth Papagena ends up being anything other than a minor canard I will be irked. It's such a goddamn cliched motivation for Grand Cosmic Villains. Oh boo hoo, life is tough, better to nuke everything. It felt shallow with Fancypants Daniel and it feels forced now. But at the pace things have been going presumably there's an entire expansion's worth of plot left to get through so I'm still optimistic.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Question regarding the level 87 Dungeon and Trusts: Obviously doing the dungeon with Emet and friends is hype as heck. My Wife and I usually do the dungeons together for the first time though. Does the Ascian Trust option stick around if you don't so it right away, or is it a one time deal and we should make an exception to our custom?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Xalidur posted:

Question regarding the level 87 Dungeon and Trusts: Obviously doing the dungeon with Emet and friends is hype as heck. My Wife and I usually do the dungeons together for the first time though. Does the Ascian Trust option stick around if you don't so it right away, or is it a one time deal and we should make an exception to our custom?

You can do it again in Scenario mode, I think.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Xalidur posted:

It appears to be repeatable, having just done it I still have the option.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Rosalind posted:

To be honest, I was just parroting what I'd heard from others. What's crit stacking and what happens with gear that makes it viable?

In terms of the three damage substats (Critical Hit, Direct Hit, Determination), they each have a different effect. Direct Hit affects your chance to...direct hit for 20% more damage. Determination is an increase to your base damage. Critical Hit affects your chance to crit and your crit multiplier. So your Critical Hit stat affects more things than the other stats, and they feed off each other to amplify crit's total effects on your overall DPS.

In terms of gear, each piece increases your primary damage stat, your Vitality (HP), and two substats from a total of four that each role can have on their gear. One is increased more than the other, but increasing your main stat will always be more valuable than any substat, so current BiS is just grabbing the highest ilvl gear you can get. With the release of the i580 normal raid gear which will have different substat spreads than the current i580 gear, that increases the number of possible substat combos you can slot without having to sacrifice item level, even before the uncapped gear and Savage gear come into play.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I am finally finished with Endwalker. :toot:

I'm sure this peace that we have won't be ruined by Pashtarot or the remaining Ascians that are still around, one of whom is doubtless Trevanchet or whatever the 1.0 guy's name was.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Rynoto posted:

Tataru as a mafia don breaking kneecaps and running shady businesses.

that's kan-e-senna's job, you can't deprive her of her greatest joy in life :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Regy Rusty posted:

Personally I think the way they used Zenos works perfectly even if you aren't a huge Zenos fan.

Me, at the start of Endwalker: gently caress you, Zenos, you piece of poo poo.

Me, at the middle of Endwalker: gently caress you, Zenos, you piece of poo poo.

Me, at the end of Endwalker: That I cannot deny.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So is there any real reason to level trusts outside of shenanigans with characters who couldn’t possibly have been there?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You get a title?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

So is there any real reason to level trusts outside of shenanigans with characters who couldn’t possibly have been there?

A couple of achievements and titles.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You can also change their glamour to previous expansion looks.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm sure this peace that we have won't be ruined by Pashtarot or the remaining Ascians that are still around, one of whom is doubtless Trevanchet or whatever the 1.0 guy's name was.

I know its unlikely, but I really hope one or more of the remaining Ascians just said "gently caress all this taking over the world poo poo" and settled down somewhere quiet to become a fisherman or w/e.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I know its unlikely, but I really hope one or more of the remaining Ascians just said "gently caress all this taking over the world poo poo" and settled down somewhere quiet to become a fisherman or w/e.

We essentially saw that happen with Gaia in the Eden raids.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I'm looking to try again I made a Lalafell on Excalibur, I want to do Gunbreaker, but I never see anyone really saying anything about it, what's the consensus on it?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Diabetic posted:

I'm looking to try again I made a Lalafell on Excalibur, I want to do Gunbreaker, but I never see anyone really saying anything about it, what's the consensus on it?

It's a really fun class! A tank with a slightly more complex DPS rotation, but still a bunch of useful protective abilities. They're a bit of a jack of all trades, and have a ton of buttons to press, though they did condense one of their combos into a single button you press repeatedly.

Also, more importantly: they have really cool animations.

The only issue is that they start at level 60, so you get all of their abilities up to that point at once, which can be overwhelming and confusing. But if you take some time to work out the basics on a training dummy, you'll be fine. Also you can't start playing them until you get another class to 60, so you'll have to do something else until then!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The fact that none of the other Ascians had any involvement in Fanny Danny's plot or any of the end of the world stuff tells me that the only ones who actually cared about the whole "rejoining" plan were the unsundered and the rest hosed off as soon as they were all dead.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Gunbreaker is my main job and I love it. It's a really cool tank with a fast-paced DPS rotation and Endwalker made it even cooler (more explosions) and more survivable. I think Warrior is currently the hottest tank around because people have started to realize how immortal they are in dungeons, but I absolutely love Gunbreaker. It's the job that made me love tanking.

If you're a brand new player, though, you won't be able to play Gunbreaker until you have another job at least at level 60. It also starts at level 60 so once you get there you can switch right over without missing a beat. If you want to start as a tank, you can start with either Paladin (start as the Gladiator class) or Warrior (start as the Marauder class). Both are great in Endwalker though I think Warrior might hit its stride a little earlier? Not sure.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wouldn't have tried tanking if it wasn't for Gunbreaker TBH. They are extremely fun.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've been levelling Reaper and it's so loving fun holy poo poo. This is gonna pass Ninja as my favorite Melee job. Every piece of it just feels so perfect. I can even do the fancy poo poo with the portals to "maintain uptime" I think is the phrase. Can't wait to get the shroud oGCDs and finisher.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Harrow posted:

If you're a brand new player, though, you won't be able to play Gunbreaker until you have another job at least at level 60. It also starts at level 60 so once you get there you can switch right over without missing a beat. If you want to start as a tank, you can start with either Paladin (start as the Gladiator class) or Warrior (start as the Marauder class). Both are great in Endwalker though I think Warrior might hit its stride a little earlier? Not sure.

I don't have a ton of experience with all the tanks, but I just picked up GNB after playing PLD to 69 and it's a really easy transition. No Mercy, Blasting Zone, and Bow Shock are nearly direct copies of PLD's main oGCDs. The magic rotation isn't even there by 60 so you won't have to adapt to losing it if you swap right away.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Regy Rusty posted:

I've been levelling Reaper and it's so loving fun holy poo poo. This is gonna pass Ninja as my favorite Melee job. Every piece of it just feels so perfect. I can even do the fancy poo poo with the portals to "maintain uptime" I think is the phrase. Can't wait to get the shroud oGCDs and finisher.

Yeah, I just hit 88 with reaper and I think it's my favorite melee job now. It really comes together well, the burst phase feels great. I was afraid it would be too confusing, but the way they give you just one piece at a time is perfect.

It's gonna be hard to play a DPS class that doesn't have a forward dash when I could be playing reaper or dancer....

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Making a called shot here

Almost every relic set has some connections to R-A-H and we're finally actually there so this time......they're all going to be made by the Eorzea guilds. that's right, all those losers are coming in to make the biggest best weapon for you.

Get bonus cutscenes based on how far you've done the questlines

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Relics having a crafting-guild quest line attached would probably get me to actually make them, tbh

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Are any of the Thavnarian relic guys npc's in RAH? I haven't really combed over the place much yet outside of what's required for the MSQ but I didn't recognize anyone off the top of my head.

On a tangently related note, I just love that like a quarter of the population of Thavnair consists of giant swole elephant dudes and everyone considers this completely normal and not worth commenting on. Its a great way of showing how accepted and integrated they are in this society without smashing the point over your head like some other games might do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just hope this time Gerolt finally pays off his debt. :shobon:

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Are any of the Thavnarian relic guys npc's in RAH? I haven't really combed over the place much yet outside of what's required for the MSQ but I didn't recognize anyone off the top of my head.

On a tangently related note, I just love that like a quarter of the population of Thavnair consists of giant swole elephant dudes and everyone considers this completely normal and not worth commenting on. Its a great way of showing how accepted and integrated they are in this society without smashing the point over your head like some other games might do.

There's a sidequest where you deliver Jalzahn's mail.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

In RAH there's a quest from the HW relic guy's family, apparently leaving Thavnair was basically like being banished, so he can't return yet.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Well, maybe a certain aspiring craftswoman could give him some financial counseling. And also to Alphinaud and Estinien while she is at it.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

I would be extremely amused if the remaining Red Masks show up and are like 'Azem, we need your help. It's the hired help we brought on. Without Lahabrea, Elidibus and Emet-Selch to keep them in line they've all run off to go into business for THEMSELVES.' And we're just up to our hips in people who treat going Black Mask like lichdom in D&D. Bonus points if Nybeth gets offended at all these people who figure out how to be immortal without dying first.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

His debts not even real, Rowenna's just making poo poo up so she can keep him where she can find him because they're both too cowardly to admit they still love one another and she's hoping he breaks first.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

His debts not even real, Rowenna's just making poo poo up so she can keep him where she can find him because they're both too cowardly to admit they still love one another and she's hoping he breaks first.

Isn’t he also in turn aware his debt isn’t real?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Are you saying Rowenna would do that

Just go right out there and tell lies???

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Are you saying Rowenna would do that

Just go right out there and tell lies???

Lord_Magmar posted:

Isn’t he also in turn aware his debt isn’t real?

This time....this time they'll finally just smooch and we will be free of this tyranny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/bba3f0b1f5c8d2708d7a126957ad76fb30c4eb71

Patch notes! Getcha patch notes here!

There are some adjustments to the 83 solo duty, so maybe a bit of spoil there.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/bba3f0b1f5c8d2708d7a126957ad76fb30c4eb71

Patch notes! Getcha patch notes here!

There are some adjustments to the 83 solo duty, so maybe a bit of spoil there.

Hey I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) on the In from the Cold (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) CLEAR!. I know you've been working really hard (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) at it, and I'm happy that you've (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) achieved your goal of completion. I know your journey through (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) the content was filled with ups and downs, but you and (The effects of the Indomitable Spirit status effect have been increased) your group stuck together through them (The initial number of uses of the duty action has been increased) all, and you were rewarded for your patience and (To more easily locate certain items required to progress in this duty, the amount of fuel-concealing wreckage in the area has been increased) tenacity. Congratulations (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) once again, and here's to more success in your future (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) endeavors!!!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

The sound effect of the scholar action Broil IV has been adjusted.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also gently caress, I probably should have been working on tomestones to gear up for Pandaemonium instead of giving other people space to play