Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Remind me again why roll back net code isn’t a standard adopted by fighting games? Is it just because the companies are too stuck in their ways and don’t see the need to adopt new systems?

part that, part it's loving expensive to put in 3D fighting games so most companies aren't convinced it's a worthwhile investment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Remind me again why roll back net code isn’t a standard adopted by fighting games? Is it just because the companies are too stuck in their ways and don’t see the need to adopt new systems?

American fighting games is standard, japanese relied on their internet infrastructure because the majority of the audience is still japan.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tae posted:

American fighting games is standard, japanese relied on their internet infrastructure because the majority of the audience is still japan.

Yeah, a deal of it was "Works on my machine" and to a large part the still abundance of arcades that exist in japan, then a worldwide pandemic lockdown happens and what are you left with, oh the online, this should probably be better.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/afronooch/status/1471311420688011265
Powerful

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Perfect.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
he thought tonight was the night he defied fate for a second there

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the brace for retribution just long enough to think he's safe only to be sucker punched is some looney toons bullshit

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

the brace for retribution just long enough to think he's safe only to be sucker punched is some looney toons bullshit

It's unbelievable honestly. Absolute perfect timing.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Ok, that's it. It's done. Stands are real, proven by streaming ginger orb man.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Reggie vs Bed of Chaos, will he hollow out?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tupperwarez posted:

Ok, that's it. It's done. Stands are real, proven by streaming ginger orb man.

It absolutely feels like a fight with Jotaro, and the villain sweats for a beat, thinks he's safe, and then the ORAORAORA starts. Gahddamn crazy talk.

Dokapon is also over on stream. A very good dokapon.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
REGGIE DID IT

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Big Scary Owl posted:

REGGIE DID IT
Dokapon or Bed?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Dokapon or Bed?

Bed

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Bed - without advice

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kazzah posted:

Bed - without advice
Paige vs Ebrietas has company :getin:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/snopes/status/1471231107773472768

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

It's interesting to see Arcsys pushing rollback into everything now. They're in a pretty good position to really start eating their competitors' lunches. Getting it into FighterZ would be one hell of a blow.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

lol "not spelled with a k", because languages other than English do not exist.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

How do they spell it in French though?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dabir posted:

How do they spell it in French though?
Omicron

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Omacron

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I've been watching the Dark Souls anime, and the look of relief on Woolie's face when Reggie didn't one-shot O&S was great

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Plague's having a terrible week

https://twitter.com/PlagueOfGripes/status/1472758260402900992?s=20

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Reggie's reaction to the amazing chest made my week.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Shinji2015 posted:

I've been watching the Dark Souls anime, and the look of relief on Woolie's face when Reggie didn't one-shot O&S was great

Woolie's unending salt that Reggie has blown the game wide open though with his god tier Titanite Catchpole will never not be funny.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I’m behind on my Reggie Souls but I love that he’s still using the pole. I honestly didn’t realize it was THAT good a weapon.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vandar posted:

I’m behind on my Reggie Souls but I love that he’s still using the pole. I honestly didn’t realize it was THAT good a weapon.

People underrate it hard because the split damage makes it weaker than most high end weapons and the moveset isn't great for PvP. But as Reggie showed, you can get it and max it out very early and stomp over everything, until the endgame, where it's still more than enough.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is Woolie's long overdue comeuppance for the partizan

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I did the same with a Black Knight Greatsword I was lucky to get as a drop. Maxed it super fast, destroyed the game with it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Woolie's unending salt that Reggie has blown the game wide open though with his god tier Titanite Catchpole will never not be funny.

:hmmyes:

I'll have to try to do a Catchpole run one of these days

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The real pro move if you really want to bust the game open is learn the suicide run to the Great Scythe in the catacombs. That weapon trivialises essentially the entire game.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The real pro move if you really want to bust the game open is learn the suicide run to the Great Scythe in the catacombs. That weapon trivialises essentially the entire game.

you can run just a little further to get the gravelord sword, which is significantly stronger

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Reggie is just about to face Artorias

EDIT: NOT

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Reggie can't keep getting away with this.

(Tomb of the Giants invasion spoiler) Paladin Leeroy invaded, stood still. Reggie hit him with a spell, so Leeroy unequipped his giant fuckoff mace and did a running punch on Reggie, then died

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm so happy Pat got into fell in love with Nioh 2 instantly. :allears:

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Reggie is definitely benefitting from Dark Snails. I was originally kind of "enh" on them stopping and stat-counting so much, but it is paying off for him to take his time and I can just as easily skip those parts.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Grouchio posted:

I'm so happy Pat got into fell in love with Nioh 2 instantly. :allears:

It's truly an amazing game and I every time I revisit it I lose entire weeks.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/EyePatchWolf/status/1474061386892337154

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1474604090382553093