Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

dyzzy posted:

Oh, ok

It's still boring though

Yes, but now I can zone out and hit level 80 before the year 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

whypick1 posted:

Yes, but now I can zone out and hit level 80 before the year 2023.

This.

I've been watching/listening to physics videos on youtube while playing, so it really isn't a burden to continue leveling.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I may see how far I can get with netflix on the other monitor. I rolled HC for some dumb reason

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just got lvl 50 in endless heist, it wasn't bad, it wasn't good and it was heist. Remember to buy lvl 48 contracts from the barber at lvl 43 to get an exp boost because contracts only drop at your level.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Okay now I'll finish the slog

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
They literally waited until I'd got to 50 before they did this. The XP gain now is good. Might see if I can push to 70/80. Doing a shield charge ignite build and it's doing alright, all things considered.

Edit: lvl 50 chest was a flame dash effect. This is good because I flame dash a lot.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

frankenbeans posted:

They literally waited until I'd got to 50 before they did this.

Same. Got gloves though, and more importantly I got to try out flicker strike. Because I am stupid, I tried out flicker strike as soon as it was an option rather than a VIABLE option, so in practice I only got to properly use it for like twelve levels.
Good lord that's hilarious though.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Actually i find im kinda excited for Invasion, definitly going SSF and banking on getting good drops to take my planned ColdDotOccultist to lowlife or somthing.
Think ill go with Wintertide Brand, i remember levelling my previous RF inquisitor with that and it felt good while it lasted and i didnt take more than that one keystone and the notable wheel next to it, cant wait to see how it turns out with actual investment.
Thanks for suggesting that btw.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I loved WTB so much I did a build for a video compilation, I ran it in 4 3 events (and 1 in standard and one for next atlas invasion) and will keep running it next league.
The rework just made it so nice and smooth and so usable

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 20, 2021

West007
Apr 21, 2013

AMA about leveling to 92 in endless heist as shield crush slayer (yes, my brain is broken).

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Scoss posted:

Might as well share it here, since it will probably never again be seen by human eyes: https://i.imgur.com/NLcyhNf.png
I just love how this post aged. :yaycloud:
I also dislike how they didn't make IRL fanart to a separate category.

ps for those who didn't login since forever

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 20, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Multistrike shield crush is pretty good

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Erulisse posted:

I just love how this post aged. :yaycloud:
I also dislike how they didn't make IRL fanart to a separate category.

ps for those who didn't login since forever

was going to post this, it's pretty fuckin cool and tbh it looks extremely fitting in the client

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Deki posted:

Did anyone run Absolution in scourge or in any of the events?

I'm kinda thinking of running it next league barring any interesting new skills/nerfs/buffs, since I've seen a few people use it, but I'm not sure how good it is without -lightning res scourged items + Doryani's Prototype, and I have the feeling Scourge is not going core

Level 56 so in the heist thing and seems good. Damage has picked up after getting a 5 link, but so has the mana cost, so I'm heading to EB and an es leech node asap.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

new official tw--

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1473053695231152131

oh it's about standard nobody cares

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

No Safe Word posted:

new official tw--

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1473053695231152131

oh it's about standard nobody cares

15% of the playerbase has had their map tabs bricked for this entire league

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
oh noooo standard can't map? oh nooo

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Honestly, I kind of wish I'd played Standard this league, the whole Scourge mechanic did absolutely nothing for me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s ok .

It will be better not every map. If it ever comes back

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DaveWoo posted:

Honestly, I kind of wish I'd played Standard this league, the whole Scourge mechanic did absolutely nothing for me.

I literally didn't do scourge almost at all past like level 70 lol.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

almost at a mage blood...

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
scourge owns and is actually a really cool mechanic, but man it is not apparent early on at all. Once you can reliably push 250-300 stacks every single map it's a huge deal because each scourge stack adds so much rarity, but yeah I don't blame anyone for giving up on it far before that point.

scourging items in particular just fell so flat even though there are, in theory, some very good items that can come out of it

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 21, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The scourged maps were a good idea at least . They are “free money “

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Scourge is a great mechanic but a boring as gently caress league.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

we halved the number of maps on the atlas.... but doubled each map

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah

I got a lot of milage out of this league still going through stuff they added in 3.15 including my build - of the - league EOW

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

The scourged maps were a good idea at least . They are “free money “

Yeah good scourge maps are in the same ballpark of profitability as 100% deli maps.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Scourge is really cool but it's another one of those things that seems like it was tuned for streamers and people who are really familiar with the game running good builds. I can't imagine how badly the average player playing an average build was getting destroyed every time they hit the scourge button.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Hit 80 in EHeist after 17 hours, 9 minutes /played. In EDelve after I hit 80 I spun up another character. EHeist made me consider uninstalling the game before I realized I'd just be re-installing it on Friday.

So yeah, that's the difference between the two events in a nutshell. I'd like to thank Jinjer for powering me through the last hour or so and making sure I didn't have to listen to the same 4 or 5 lines out of Huck the entire time.

e: Oh hey, thread title change

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 21, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

J posted:

Scourge is really cool but it's another one of those things that seems like it was tuned for streamers and people who are really familiar with the game running good builds. I can't imagine how badly the average player playing an average build was getting destroyed every time they hit the scourge button.

I sort of know what I'm doing and it was basically instant death no matter the build lol. I don't play very tanky though.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

euphronius posted:

Yeah

I got a lot of milage out of this league still going through stuff they added in 3.15 including my build - of the - league EOW

Curious where your character ended up if you're willing to share

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

euphronius posted:

It’s ok .

It will be better not every map. If it ever comes back

Some youtuber/streamer mentioned that they thought that GGG wanted to create this new currency for corrupted items, and they just added on the Scourge map and Items thing at the end. It kind of makes sense actually.

I bet we won't see the scourge mechanic but we will see scourge maps and the currency in the future. Maybe from corrupted side areas or dropped in corrupted maps. Gives more of a reason to run corrupted maps actually if they do that.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I really like the Tainted Armourer Scrap, it's great when someone sells a unique with a double-corruption I want but they forgot to qual it, I use one of those and get 26%

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

That’s my stash, with tabs “Body” and “Body2”.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

J posted:

People keep saying this sort of thing like it's a big mystery how to build your character into the 90s and be able to handle pretty much anything. Making your own build, sure, but there's plenty of build videos out there that will show you how to make SOMEthing with relatively little currency that will be able to handle red maps and with some further investment, be able to do some really juiced maps (unless it's a specialty character like the MF deadeyes this league - but if you're making one of those then you know what you're signing up for).

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean it kind of is a mystery. Defense isn't as brainless as offence. And a lot of build guides don't do a good job of saying why you take x with y gear so unless it's really obvious like ghost shroud on ES/EV etc you don't internalize what it does. Or at least that's how it works for me.

Also a lot of the inherently tanky builds I just don't find fun, so I never play them. Which is why all I know about is dodge lol.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
The game is absolutely tuned around people running decent builds with at least 15-30ex of gear, but also every league will have one or two builds that really stand out that legit goes deep into endgame on the lower end of that. To some extent the maximum juiced strats are tuned around people with substantially more than that in gear, but poe is generally pretty good about having lower entry cost options, too.

I think a lot of people really limit themselves by endlessly looking for low cost builds that make big promises or just arbitrarily refuse to play xyz meta skill because there's one or two complicated interactions or because the build requires more than just life+res rares to work. On a similar note, imo generalist builds are one of the biggest traps in poe. Some builds are generalist because they're just strong enough that they do do everything decently, but that's almost always with substantial investment or they're usually the 1-2 most meta builds of the league. For almost everything else though, the answer to 'how do i destroy content on a relative budget' is you make a build specialized for whatever content you want to do

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just make a summoner build for bossing, and another to actually have fun with. Should work pretty much every league.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

yea but I play PoE to have fun and minion builds aren't fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no idea how I got my first deathless maven and other poo poo with my raider shield throw this league because i'm coming back to it now and I can barely do anything while staying alive, my brain is melting in record time.