Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did people know that Continuation means "Renzokuken"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They did surgery on the grapes.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace, kings

A Triangle better suits a hero.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

To add: Gunbreaker loving owns because every button is loving rad and makes explosions PLUS you tank or whatever so you're a badass with a cool looking coat PLUS the buttons you get to hit feel very rewarding

Gunbreaker is my favorite job because I get to never die plus you get a busy DPS phase that's genuinely fun to figure out the flow of and it's super visually rewarding.

The rotation does feel very busy at times but once you get the flow of it down it feels very rewarding to navigate mechanics while hitting everything inside your burst window.

Also explosions

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

actually gunbreaker is bad because bloodfest should be called draw and double down should be called bloodfest

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Kaubocks posted:

actually gunbreaker is bad because bloodfest should be called draw and double down should be called bloodfest

God I couldn't agree more, in fact I'm pretty sure it was called Draw in the initial spoilers and they changed it on release :/

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did people know that Continuation means "Renzokuken"
I know this is a joke but even in the Japanese the XIV ability is "コンティニュエーション" (kontinyueeshon).
Bloodfest is Blood Soil, though.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Kaubocks posted:

Which is doubly weird since they have Draw as a PVP move, using Bloodfest's icon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Let's compromise and call the ability Blood Draw.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I kinda wish they had kept cartridges as Soil in EN because it's likely going to be the only play Final Fantasy Unlimited is going to get ever again.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

FactsAreUseless posted:

Let's compromise and call the ability Blood Draw.

draw fest

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

blatman posted:

draw fest

That's a class they should bring back: Artist, from FF6.

Use the enemy to fight the enemy.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Making a called shot here

Almost every relic set has some connections to R-A-H and we're finally actually there so this time......they're all going to be made by the Eorzea guilds. that's right, all those losers are coming in to make the biggest best weapon for you.

Get bonus cutscenes based on how far you've done the questlines

I have a pretty good idea what’s going to go down in the relic quest this go around. Given that the past two relics have been based off of the Eureka model of content, and how popular both Eureka and Bozja have been, we can reasonably guess that we are getting more of that and that relic will be attached once more.

So what region do we know that could plausibly serve as a wide open area with a bunch of fights that also expands on the lore/tucks away dangling plot threads from Endwalker?

87ish spoilers ahead
Locus Amoenus aka Corvos. It’s the Garlean homeland, it’s full of Allagan bullshit for the relic, it was the area absolutely trucked by the Final Days and thus likely still absolutely full of Blasphemies which serves as a narrative justification for the gameplay convention of skirmishes/CEs/etc. It has it all.

The place comes up absolutely constantly in Endwalker. G’raha is even from the place! It’s probably not a coincidence.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 21, 2021

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I have a pretty good idea what’s going to go down in the relic quest this go around. Given that the past two relics have been based off of the Eureka model of content, and how popular both Eureka and Bozja have been, we can reasonably guess that we are getting more of that and that relic will be attached once more.

So what region do we know that could plausibly serve as a wide open area with a bunch of fights that also expands on the lore/tucks away dangling plot threads from Endwalker?

87ish spoilers ahead
Locus Amoenus aka Corvos. It’s the Garlean homeland, it’s full of Allagan bullshit for the relic, it was the area absolutely trucked by the Final Days and thus likely still absolutely full of Blasphemies which serves as a narrative justification for the gameplay convention of skirmishes/CEs/etc. It has it all.

The place comes up absolutely constantly in Endwalker. G’raha is even from the place! It’s probably not a coincidence.

That makes complete loving sense. I kept feeling like they brought it up a gently caress ton this expansion.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Maintenance ended early.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/e190f341997d51d255d7a50aeb37eeb1e444593b

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Re: the 87 spoilers above I hope they can spare a few hundred yen to buy colors other than "mud" for the place if we're gonna be doing world fight stuff there.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ugh I’ve got an earworm

What’s the name of the song that plays for Alphascape 4.0?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

87ish spoilers ahead

That would make sense. I was also thinking it could show up in patch content, like Terncliff, and could lead into some future expansion.

Also, the maintenance finished early and servers are up. The patch is 432 MB.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Regalingualius posted:

Ugh I’ve got an earworm

What’s the name of the song that plays for Alphascape 4.0?

Heartless.

It is a remix of The Maker's Ruin, because when Omega imitates your form they also steal your theme music.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

GNB feels good most of the time. It's very satisfying and fun to play on high uptime fights and as someone who tends to prefer higher APM jobs it's my favorite tank in a vacuum. I have some problems with it, though. My biggest problem is that recovery feels awful on it. If you die at the wrong time or downtime forces you to have 0 or 1 cartridge going into a non-Bloodfest No Mercy it feels terrible and you will massively drift one or both of Gnashing Fang and Double Down. It's a far harsher penalty than any of the other tanks face. I wish Bloodfest were 60 seconds and gave 2 cartridges instead of 3 at 90 seconds.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

87ish spoilers ahead

Makes sense. It's also coastal so I think it'll be where Island Sanctuary is too. That was my prediction when I first noticed that they kept mentioning it in EW.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've only just started the raid but

I would bet anything Ericthonios is the Labahrea we ended up knowing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iPodschun posted:

The weird thing about Bozja/Zadnor is that it is still good for leveling 80-90 rather than capping exp gain to level 71-80 rates, the way PotD caps exp gain at level 60 rates and HoH caps exp gain at level 70 rates.
This is good, though. It means new players who want to see what Bozja was like can still do that. If Bozja wasn't good for 80-90 it'd be way more dead.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Oh man P4's music slaps soo hard. And its a fun fight.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Lol I think I missed out on my 14 days because my sub ran out hours before maintenance.

Also there was no warning on the character select screen possibly because of the previous free 7 days?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

iPodschun posted:

The weird thing about Bozja/Zadnor is that it is still good for leveling 80-90 rather than capping exp gain to level 71-80 rates, the way PotD caps exp gain at level 60 rates and HoH caps exp gain at level 70 rates.

It's 350k/skirmish in Zadnor at 80 and at 87, it does stop scaling. But XP values per level don't scale fast enough that it stops being feasible.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Wow... that sea horse fight is just raid-wide after raid-wide. Crazy stressful for healers.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

P3 Spoilers I think the ancients should maybe give up on making birds, they're clearly not very good at it....

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
P4 mechanics give-away if you're struggling Spikes at the edge are OHKO if you touch them. Lightning is get out to the edges, water is get knocked back diagonally from center. Acid is spread circles, Fire is stack marker. The line AOE also has a knockback so get up close to him if it's on you. Get to the red sword marker, it'll be a wide arena cone. If it's a cape he'll do a knockback, don't get knocked back into the spikes.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
pandemonium is very fun. they hosed up another perfectly good bird

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I have exactly the iLevel needed for the new raids and I've been doing EXDR every day since i finished MSQ, wild.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

P3 was harder than P4 for me, but I think my P4 group was also more competent as a whole.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The only one we wiped on was P4: all of the fights were pretty fun apart from P1 which was kind of boring.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The new crafted gear is i580 right? Or is that not out yet

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I was having fun all through P1 to p4 until the other tank started saying poo poo like "this drk..." when the entire group wiped to the first two major mechanics and started blaming me even though its day loving zero of this content.

still, managed to finish it and it was a good fight.

e: yeah like the rest of the group was doing like "wow what haha OK let's get back at it" "えええ?なに?" and having fun but there really are people like that huh! anyway games good.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 21, 2021

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah I had someone complaining that we wiped twice on P4: it’s the first day, people are gonna go in blind, have some patience, DF superstars.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Thundarr posted:

The new crafted gear is i580 right? Or is that not out yet

I'm pretty sure the crafted gear will come out with the patch that adds the savage raids. It will be i580, though, yes.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Should I be expecting to pay through the rear end for crafted when it's released or is the price pretty static? Exarchic seemed to be pretty consistently around 100-200k but I don't think I was around for the day it was patched in.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

acumen posted:

Should I be expecting to pay through the rear end for crafted when it's released or is the price pretty static? Exarchic seemed to be pretty consistently around 100-200k but I don't think I was around for the day it was patched in.

If you want to buy in in the first half day, then yes you will pay through the nose. It usually falls quickly to more of a stabilization point after that, though.

If the 1 Star crafts are as comparatively easy this expansion like the fresh level 80 crafts are, I imagine there will be a lot of supply fairly fast, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Hunter Noventa posted:

I have exactly the iLevel needed for the new raids and I've been doing EXDR every day since i finished MSQ, wild.

I was confused for a second, because I'd only done EXDR daily three times and had enough to buy my weapon/shield and everything on the left plus one ring, with the dungeon accessories filling everything out to 566 ilvl. Then I remembered I had also done all of the other non-MSQ roulettes those days too, and ran the EXDR twice more without the daily bonus (you still get the tomestones for the the bosses, the normal completion bonus and the first-time completion bonus if you get lucky), and realized why. :v: