Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

torontokyo is so fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
SK is a bit harder to play than Mag

first phase Brood now THATS aui coaching

Geight fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 20, 2021

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I’m glad it’s these two teams in the GF.

I think Game 3 is over, though.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Brood is so strong when someone actually micros the spiders. It's an immense amount of map control and value between the vision and the ability to mess with or stack camps. It even makes a lot of the traditional Brood counters not nearly as good, because you can't kill stacks of spiderlings when they aren't stacked.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I think team spirit has been broken

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I had to leave for a little while. How are Tundra doing? It obviously wasn't a 3-0 by Spirit.

Can Tundra go the distance in this series? They are a very fun and aggressive team to watch

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

I had to leave for a little while. How are Tundra doing? It obviously wasn't a 3-0 by Spirit.

Can Tundra go the distance in this series? They are a very fun and aggressive team to watch

They're 2-1 and ahead in game 4. They ran over Spirit in game 3, this one feels closer but they still have a solid advantage and a good lineup to capitalize on that with the QoP, Beast, and Nyx.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nine is balling out of control

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Geight posted:

I was hoping Aui coaching for Tundra would lead to some more bigbrain drafting for them

looks like you might have gotten your wish

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

One thing I admire about Team Spirit: even when so far behind they are still extremely aggressive and make you fight for everything to close it out.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
way to go tundra

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

YEAH nice job Tundra!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Maybe you should ban qop against tundra like how you ban mars/mag against spirit :thunk:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That’s Spirit’s first loss since TI I’m pretty sure

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

looks like you might have gotten your wish

It's a small one but I'm glad for it :unsmith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I assume game 1 wasn't very competitive and game 2 will probably be similar but OG/Coolguys has an ATF timbersaw and I know someone earlier in the thread said something about it being his signature hero so I guess that might be fun to watch

https://twitch.tv/dreamleague

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Mars is even more signature IMO but his Timber builds are cool. Pretty sure he built Manta in his first Timber game on OG

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

OG look shaky as gently caress in this series

I'm assuming Cool Guys isn't exactly a well known team?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TulliusCicero posted:

OG look shaky as gently caress in this series

I'm assuming Cool Guys isn't exactly a well known team?

I think some of the players are pretty well known (I've definitely heard of Funn1k and ThuG, and No!ob)) but for the most part the team isn't. They came up from lower division.

But they haven't won a single game in this DPC yet so OG probably shouldn't be struggling this much against them.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

emdash posted:

Mars is even more signature IMO but his Timber builds are cool. Pretty sure he built Manta in his first Timber game on OG

He did, but it was very situational to absorb the Soul Bind so he could run in and not tie down a team mate.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man OG is getting bodied

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Great game by Cool Guys

Always nice to see a Morph get destroyed like that

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
three ranged cores vs a skadi-building pos1 shouldn't have worked out like this, probably

anyway WP coolguys, would love to see them take the series just to throw a wrench in things

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Love to have 2 bkb piercing stuns but they're also my only stuns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Love to have 2 bkb piercing stuns but they're also my only stuns

and also on super long cooldowns

I wasn't paying close enough attention to notice thank you for pointing out the terrible no stun* draft in my absence

e: then again I guess if you just kill them all when using those stuns it doesn't matter

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 21, 2021

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Coolguys fighting!

Edit: bzm...

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
www.whendidoglastthrow.com

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
A lot of throw counterthrow going on this game

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Daaang, coolguys just couldn't pull it off in the end

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Really cool game, put some respect on Cool Guys’ name.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That was a really fun series, wasn't expecting it to be remotely that close

e: kind of a bummer that it almost assures Coolguys is going back to division 2 though given the rest of the schedule. They're 0-4 now with Tundra, Secret, and Nigma remaining. They need to pass or tie two teams, Nigma and Alliance at 1-3 being the most obvious but those two play each other, so they need to win at least two of those series (and probably absolutely need to win the Nigma series)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 21, 2021

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
good news then, nigma is dogshit right now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
OG is such a messy team. So many gently caress ups in this series

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

good news then, nigma is dogshit right now

well yeah but they need to also beat either secret or tundra which is a slightly higher bar, and also hope that the winner between alliance/nigma doesn't win a third series

I guess in theory you could also hope for secret and/or tundra losing out since they only have two wins at the moment

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Are we expecting anything from Team Liquid?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pureauthor posted:

They're 4-0 (8-2) in groups so far with wins over OG and Tundra (e: and Team Tickles, former vikin.gg, who are 3-1) so...yes.

I think I had them fighting for the wildcard spots before the season started so they're certainly exceeding my initial expectations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Best team in the dpc eu so far

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Always fun to look away from the draft as it ends and look back to see an explosion of particle effects where there were originally heroes.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

After a Pudge game Zai said he made sure his contract with Liquid stipulates he gets absolute final say on what hero he plays and I still don't know if he was goofing or not

Something I really want to work on in my own offlane games is knowing when and how to do what Liquid's offlane did this game - Shoving the first wave down to push under tower and then stealing the 2nd wave to avoid having to play normally in an unfavorable matchup. I feel like my understanding of that stuff is very outdated because I still envision creepcutting/stealing as something only like, timber or axe can do.

Geight fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Not sure why Liquid is okay with this