Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Edit woops I was way behind the times.

Great snipe too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWuCoXQh1uk

I love how they give it a stick and now it's just armed.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

People make so many things worse by not understanding the properties of the chemical theyre dealing with.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Should have read the last page

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

My assumption is that there is and they did, because why not.

I like it how at the end when they have removed it from the ground they still keep holding it from the shaft unsure of what to do next instead of putting it down so the shaft starts turning and the handle bit stops rotating.

It would probably screw-drive off into the woods and never return

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

Should have read the last page
gently caress, I did it again. :(

Sorry.

Here is someone bombing mountains with a helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Xmwki_aWs

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 21, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/KUst0Vs.mp4

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Assuming that disabled the drive on the crane, can you even recover that without shutting down the power?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Powershift posted:

Assuming that disabled the drive on the crane, can you even recover that without shutting down the power?

Wait till the arc melts off enough of the crane that the arc can't get to it anymore?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Powershift posted:

No, the entire crane and a decent sized area around it is unsafe to touch now

The power company is going to shut it down anyway because that situation is not compatible with the nearest upstream distribution point continuing to operate

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Powershift posted:

Sucks to be the guy in the operator cab. Just sit there and try not to touch anything!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah. If you hit a power line, take your hands off the sticks and sit there very quietly until someone tells you the power is off.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah. If you hit a power line, take your hands off the sticks and sit there very quietly until someone tells you the power is off.

"Oh yeah? Well you touch it then before I get out"

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

I saw one that said made you look black lives matter

We had one behind the bar at a Mexican restaurant I managed that said "Make America Mexico Again".

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

All grass lawns have a root system less than six-odd inches deep. The best solution for carbon sequestration is to just let grass grow and stop mowing yards. It sounds stupid but I'm dead-rear end serious, it's ten billion times faster and more effective than tree plantations, plus by year two wildflowers will start popping up more and then you'll get pretty butterflies in your yard too :3:

Yeah. But if your sod is floating on a layer of water like that it's because the roots never penetrated the ground after it was laid. This is often because soil gets heavily compacted during construction and then not remediate before being laid down. Root depth is highly dependent on species, watering schedule, and soil texture. I've laid sod and done native prairie restoration professionally. The hardest advice to get most people to follow is to just stop mowing so drat much. Second hardest is to get people to just stop grazing so drat much.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cat Hatter posted:

"Oh yeah? Well you touch it then before I get out"

There’s a moment in Get Back where George gets shocked by his mic. Everyone starts seeing if it’s real by grabbing it as hard as they can.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I think I remember seeing white text on the hat when the original higher-resolution version was posted. This one has been compressed and watermarked so many times you're lucky you can see anything.

e: or maybe my brain just attributed stupidity+red hat=MAGA

It's just a red hat.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

I saw one that said made you look black lives matter

I have this hat. I wore it to the grocery store. One of the cashiers said "I like your hat!", so I said "oh haha glad you actually read it, everyone else just gives me angry stares." She then said "oh, why? what does it say?" and leaned in.

Turns out we didn't have much to talk about anymore.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, wearing a hat that looks like a MAGA hat just means you’re wearing a MAGA hat to 99.999% of people who see you, congrats

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, wearing a hat that looks like a MAGA hat just means you’re wearing a MAGA hat to 99.999% of people who see you, congrats

Yeah it didn't have layered social complexity I thought it would, so I don't wear it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The MAGA hat is kind of brilliant in that way because it’s difficult to satirize for that very reason.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
IIRC if you need to get out of an electrified cab like in case it is literally on fire now its recommended you jump as far as you can while still landing with feet together and then you do a cute little hop shuffle to avoid situations where your feet might be at different voltages and draw current through you.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

zedprime posted:

IIRC if you need to get out of an electrified cab like in case it is literally on fire now its recommended you jump as far as you can while still landing with feet together and then you do a cute little hop shuffle to avoid situations where your feet might be at different voltages and draw current through you.

Jumping from the cab is not such a bright idea if you're in a tower crane, though.

I guess in that case your best bet would be thick gloves and boots and hoping that the tower acts as enough of a faraday cage to protect you while you climb.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Jabor posted:

Jumping from the cab is not such a bright idea if you're in a tower crane, though.

I guess in that case your best bet would be thick gloves and boots and hoping that the tower acts as enough of a faraday cage to protect you while you climb.

Our construction manager is a BASE jumping enthusiast so in that case it'd be a phenomenal idea until you met the safety guys at the bottom

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:crossarms:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/q5Xz0ZF.mp4

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's magical.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lmao

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
https://twitter.com/Bondcliff2008/status/1473457962412908545?s=20

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

chitoryu12 posted:

There’s a moment in Get Back where George gets shocked by his mic. Everyone starts seeing if it’s real by grabbing it as hard as they can.

The greatest ever moment of Australian radio was when Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee were giving away a tiny remote control helicopter and decided to try it out in the studio.

Ed was holding the remote control in his hands when the aerial touched his microphone and somehow shorted out.

(whole thing's worth a listen, but the zap happens about 2 minutes in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZeA--rLi0

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

If only thread titles could be images. Bravo, sir.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If the kite can't be retrieved then it must be destroyed.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Knormal posted:

If the kite can't be retrieved then it must be destroyed.

Great, now the fire’s stuck in the tree, too

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

I reject your sanity and substitute my insanity. Normally I would throw an Amazon link in for suicide cords, but it looks like they, in the holiday spirit, pulled all those listings.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Vt9bom9LE

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/WmjqQA2.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Is this one of them whatchamacallits, colon cleansings?