Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

a sexual elk posted:

I made an offhand comment about Yennifers cleavage Saturday night to my wife and spent Sunday in the doghouse haha.

You're a sexual elk, what does she expect?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

a sexual elk posted:

I made an offhand comment about Yennifers cleavage Saturday night to my wife and spent Sunday in the doghouse haha.

It's really good cleavage though so what were you supposed to do?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My understanding is that if the pandemic task force Trump fired were still operating in China, it would've been caught before it ever left Wuhan.

I think there's a pretty decent chance that they were always going to fail. With or without a task force. 'They' being the human race and anyone whose job it is to stop pandemics like this.

Even if that's not true, at this point it is going to be with us forever. I kind of thought that this was the likely eventuality since the very beginning, but it's still pretty disappointing and just starting to sink in. It is going to be like this for the rest of our lives, most likely. gently caress

I blame Trump for a lot of how things went here (and there to some extent re: the task force) but I also blame China. They did a poo poo job and lied about it for weeks, for once an authoritarian system of government was well set-up to accomplish something crucial for the globe and they completely hosed it up, everything they did was too late because they denied for so long. They bear some responsibility, it happened in their country and there's a reason it happened there.

But yeah... it sucks big time that pandemic life is just life now. It's forever. It's so infuriating that it's come to this.

GD_American posted:

lol I literally got told to check my privilege by my 19 year old half-Asian niece at her birthday party

I could do nothing but laugh, it's like seeing someone bust out in the Macarena or tell me to talk to the hand

maybe instead of being a smarmy boomer jerk to your young niece you should just... check your privilege. ??? You think you don't have any?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Kellogg's strike is over, and the deal... is not great, but not surprising from just how poo poo a company Kelloggs is:

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1473329845866274828

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I don't tend to comment on boobs in shows but I do nudge my wife a bit when there's hot guys so she can get pouty and insist to me that no, she's not attracted to [hot male lead], she swears. It's kind of adorable.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Apparently Covid tests tell you if you have influenza so that's cool. Tested negative for covid, positive for flu type A. Back in the old days I think I'd still be going to Vegas but I don't think I'm going to make this trip tomorrow. I feel muuuuch better than the first three days but I'm worried I might freak out the client if I cough too hard. Oh well.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

harperdc posted:

Officially done with work for the year and on vacation for two weeks. :toot:

That owns. We have Fri-Mon off this week and the following week so I’m super happy with that, especially since my only holiday obligations are going to the Packers/Browns game!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Apparently Covid tests tell you if you have influenza so that's cool. Tested negative for covid, positive for flu type A. Back in the old days I think I'd still be going to Vegas but I don't think I'm going to make this trip tomorrow. I feel muuuuch better than the first three days but I'm worried I might freak out the client if I cough too hard. Oh well.

We're trying to get covid tests before we head to Connecticut to see our relatives and it's been a pain in the rear end. Finally found a Walgreens that said they had them in stock, put in an order and then was told that the order was "delayed." :bang:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Bummer, but good that's an option for you.

I'm actually having a bit of a rough time as I'm sick with a cold like thing, super tired and stuffed up while my girlfriend has been throwing up periodically for a day and a half. I should get a test but I haven't even found an appointment close enough to today yet.

Tomorrow is the our last day of work until New Years, we still have so much poo poo to do and a huge road trip ahead of us to see both of our parents for Christmas. loving terrible timing to be sick with anything much less of both of us sick with different poo poo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I am almost done with what I can only describe as at a minimum the second worst period of work in my career. I have had only two days in the past month and a half that I have not worked, and most non-weekend days have been 10+ hours. I'll be so glad once this project is over. Nobody's fault, just growing pain poo poo as our firm gets bigger and systems have to be updated. Looking forward to taking at least a week off and telling everyone to kick rocks for a bit.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Kalli posted:

Okay, so Ted Cruz, DeSantis.... Pompeo? Nikki Haley? Who's the better option here?

Haley, because I truly believe this country won't vote for a woman to be president.

Play posted:

I think there's a pretty decent chance that they were always going to fail. With or without a task force. 'They' being the human race and anyone whose job it is to stop pandemics like this.

You're probably right. I just think back to the other previously concerning bugs we had that ended up fizzling out. Probably apples to hand grenades, but for me it's always going to be a "what if". Now I hope this thing truly will get to the point of "I caught covid this weekend, but no big deal." like a lot of formerly nasty bugs became.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've had the booster blues since 3 yesterday and now I'm staunchly antivax

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have $125 left to spend on wellness / fitness items by the end of the year.

Any ideas? Any sporting gear I'm good on. I already have adjustable weights and I'm space constrained for cardio equipment. I already have a headspace account and a gym membership. I'm considering getting a new fitbit but I think I'm getting one for Xmas.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sex swing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Kettlebell baybeeeeee

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Any ideas? Any sporting gear I'm good on. I already have adjustable weights and I'm space constrained for cardio equipment. I already have a headspace account and a gym membership. I'm considering getting a new fitbit but I think I'm getting one for Xmas.

Ab wheel, yoga mat, bands for stretching, theragun knockoff from costco

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't tend to comment on boobs in shows but I do nudge my wife a bit when there's hot guys so she can get pouty and insist to me that no, she's not attracted to [hot male lead], she swears. It's kind of adorable.

My wife is not shy to mention when a male lead is attractive (cue "Oooh, my boyfriend is back" when Ben Abbott is the Forged in Fire judge instead of Jay Nielsen), but insists a lot of dudes who guys think are good looking are not. Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Henry Cavill all come to mind.

I did mention Braks and Karl Urban when we watched Thor Ragnarok a few weeks ago, and she is 100% on that train.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I did mention Braks and Karl Urban when we watched Thor Ragnarok a few weeks ago, and she is 100% on that train.

I recently watched The Boys and thought of this at least once per episode

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Cheap TENS machine on amazon

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
As somebody who has bounced off the Witcher games multiple times should i watch the Witcher tv series?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Play posted:

Bummer, but good that's an option for you.

I'm actually having a bit of a rough time as I'm sick with a cold like thing, super tired and stuffed up while my girlfriend has been throwing up periodically for a day and a half. I should get a test but I haven't even found an appointment close enough to today yet.

Tomorrow is the our last day of work until New Years, we still have so much poo poo to do and a huge road trip ahead of us to see both of our parents for Christmas. loving terrible timing to be sick with anything much less of both of us sick with different poo poo.

Well looks like my boss wants me to go anyway. The sales guy who will be in charge on the ground told me he'll let me skip the meetings if I sound like poo poo tomorrow though. So there's some good news...?

Quiet Feet posted:

We're trying to get covid tests before we head to Connecticut to see our relatives and it's been a pain in the rear end. Finally found a Walgreens that said they had them in stock, put in an order and then was told that the order was "delayed." :bang:

LA County does them for free for residents if you have time to move across the country and wait 6 moths to gain residency before you travel :downsrim:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

As somebody who has bounced off the Witcher games multiple times should i watch the Witcher tv series?

They’re not particularly interchangeable to me.
It’s not the greatest TV by any means, but it’s still a neat and fun show in my opinion!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Would with an internal disgust of "it's candy crackers in gravy" and the pure joy of "gravy"

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

If you can see through it, it's not gravy, it's gruel.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Play posted:

The French Dispatch is a loving great movie. Highly recommend that you watch it, it's just good engaging stuff. Easily my favorite Wes Anderson film ever which might upset some people but I just think it's almost the perfect expression of this particular formula.

LGBTQ people are no longer second-class citizens for the most part. And legal weed. That's pretty much all that comes to mind.
Legal weed isn't Nationwide legal weed. It's growing acceptance but as long as cannibus remains schedule One that means weed is still illegal across the land.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

saintonan posted:

If you can see through it, it's not gravy, it's gruel.

Spot-on.

Also I'd eat cookies in gravy. gently caress it. Why not. Fill my stupid body with dogshit before the seas swallow us all.

(i'd give it a shot, sweet/savory is a thing)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

seiferguy posted:

When we had to do this a few years ago we basically stocked a "don't need to think about it for a long time" first aid kit. If those qualify it's a good idea

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Play posted:

maybe instead of being a smarmy boomer jerk to your young niece you should just... check your privilege. ??? You think you don't have any?

This fits because she’s basically teenage you

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have had some weird dreams lately. Couple nights ago I dreamt I was at a Smashing Pumpkins show, except they were playing all acoustic, and for some reason they were playing behind a curtain, like a big heavy curtain, so no one could see them. I was back stage watching it (I am not a big Smashing Pumpkins fan, I have no clue why it was them). Then attached to backstage of this venue was a record store. So during the show I walk into the record store and there's like two nuns in their 20s just dancing around and rocking out (I am not, nor ever have been, catholic). I perused records, but I don't remember if I bought anything.

I think I understand David Lynch films more now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1473301475686244356

gotta respect the audacity

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CannonFodder posted:

Legal weed isn't Nationwide legal weed. It's growing acceptance but as long as cannibus remains schedule One that means weed is still illegal across the land.

truth. that said one of the genuinely positive things in weed legalization is we've finally gotten to the point where its being passed by legislature instead of solely via ballot measure. IL, NY, VA, NM all passed via legislature which is fantastic to see. (NY and VA get some asterisks bc one was a desperation move and the other was a weird 3 year onset thing but still great to see movement). Im really hoping if VA can get their regulatory system off the ground we might finally see something happen in the south.

Its Rinaldo posted:

unless you bounced off bc you hated the concept of fantasy poland i wouldn't worry about it, they're very different. the show's fun and pretty good and doesnt take itself too seriously

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I wonder if Antifa will show up again.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My wife is not shy to mention when a male lead is attractive (cue "Oooh, my boyfriend is back" when Ben Abbott is the Forged in Fire judge instead of Jay Nielsen), but insists a lot of dudes who guys think are good looking are not. Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Henry Cavill all come to mind.

She sounds cool.

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I recently watched The Boys and thought of this at least once per episode

I have successfully infiltrated your brain space. Niiiice.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

I liked the games and I'm a huge fantasy nerd but I couldn't get into the witcher. The timeline stuff in the first series was fine for me but there was just too many moments that made me roll my eyes in the first 5 episodes I never bothered to finish it. Henry Cavil is great but the show has some pretty major issues with their aesthetic choices for a lot of things (the big evil army for example looks ridiculous and comical) and there's some truly terrible actors that get given a lot of screen time AND oooo boy does the dialogue and delivery flat out loving suuuuuuuck in a lot of places.

It's kind of a shame. They spend way too much time on not witcher stuff and the show suffers massively because of it.

That being said I'm consistently told I should give it another go and I might... one day but I couldn't do it.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

The Witcher is best enjoyed as low fantasy schlock imo

Have a few drinks/bong rips before you go in

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Its Rinaldo posted:

The show is completely disconnected from the games. Having said that if you bounced off of the Witcher 3 because you hated the story and not because you hated the gameplay it's maybe similar enough that you probably wouldn't like it?

If you bounced off of Witcher 1 or 2 for that reason don't worry about it, those don't exist. Steam tells me I played them but I remember absolutely nothing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I never played the Witcher games until 3 so after I played it for like 250 hours I decided to give 2 a look and welp there's no going back I guess

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

Cheap TENS machine on amazon

Do those... work?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ab wheel, yoga mat, bands for stretching, theragun knockoff from costco

I was actually looking at those back wheels for back pain, Chirp, I believe? They look neat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Do those... work?

Unless something has changed recently, not at all

They just burn you

e: oh they're for back pain, I thought it was like those ab belts from the 90s that supposedly build muscle mass by shocking you

In that case I have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Relentlessboredomm posted:

unless you bounced off bc you hated the concept of fantasy poland i wouldn't worry about it, they're very different. the show's fun and pretty good and doesnt take itself too seriously

It was a combination of not enjoying the gameplay and not finding the world interesting enough to stick with the gameplay and vis versa so that doesn't speak well for me enjoying the show

BlindSite posted:

I liked the games and I'm a huge fantasy nerd but I couldn't get into the witcher. The timeline stuff in the first series was fine for me but there was just too many moments that made me roll my eyes in the first 5 episodes I never bothered to finish it. Henry Cavil is great but the show has some pretty major issues with their aesthetic choices for a lot of things (the big evil army for example looks ridiculous and comical) and there's some truly terrible actors that get given a lot of screen time AND oooo boy does the dialogue and delivery flat out loving suuuuuuuck in a lot of places.

It's kind of a shame. They spend way too much time on not witcher stuff and the show suffers massively because of it.

That being said I'm consistently told I should give it another go and I might... one day but I couldn't do it.

Grittybeard posted:

The show is completely disconnected from the games. Having said that if you bounced off of the Witcher 3 because you hated the story and not because you hated the gameplay it's maybe similar enough that you probably wouldn't like it?

If you bounced off of Witcher 1 or 2 for that reason don't worry about it, those don't exist. Steam tells me I played them but I remember absolutely nothing.

Hm yeah, think I'll give it a pass for now

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 21, 2021