Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sim Ant wasn't a good ant sim, but it was definitely the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

Sim Ant wasn't a good ant sim, but it was definitely the best one

What about Sim aunt?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Slimy Hog posted:

What about Sim aunt?

That exists too!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1227890/Summer_Memories/

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ara ara!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Devils Affricate posted:

Any themepark MMO before you hit endgame

Nah, I mean like a prepper simulator. Just you out in the middle of nowhere trying to survive.

Oh no, the ground froze before you could collect enough cow poo poo to fertilize your crops!

Oh no, you dug your poo poo hole too close to your well and it leached through the ground, you've got dysentery!

Oh no, you didn't collect enough bat poo poo from the caves to reload your ammo, a bear has eaten half your food!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Wifi Toilet posted:

Nah, I mean like a prepper simulator. Just you out in the middle of nowhere trying to survive.

Oh no, the ground froze before you could collect enough cow poo poo to fertilize your crops!

Oh no, you dug your poo poo hole too close to your well and it leached through the ground, you've got dysentery!

Oh no, you didn't collect enough bat poo poo from the caves to reload your ammo, a bear has eaten half your food!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/761830/Mr_Prepper/

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A game where you play a lawyer that either works as a prosecutor for the cops or a defending lawyer for an accused cop. In each and every case the cops are clearly in the wrong so you need to invent new and inventive ways to bend, break and invent your own truth to convince the judge and jury that the cops were in the right.

At the end of every mission you have a scene where you drink yourself to sleep. The end of the game involved a new character defending the cop that you chose suicide by cop for.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Lol, I wasn't really serious, but wishlisted for the next sale. Thanks?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

syntaxfunction posted:

A game where you play a lawyer that either works as a prosecutor for the cops or a defending lawyer for an accused cop. In each and every case the cops are clearly in the wrong so you need to invent new and inventive ways to bend, break and invent your own truth to convince the judge and jury that the cops were in the right.

At the end of every mission you have a scene where you drink yourself to sleep. The end of the game involved a new character defending the cop that you chose suicide by cop for.

skip the courts and just play a corrupt cop in disco elysium

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Wifi Toilet posted:

Are there any hermit simulator games? I don’t get enough social isolation IRL, gimme games where I don’t have to interact with any other people/characters.
You want UnReal World (no relation to the game engine), the iron age Finland survival simulation where you persistence-hunt moose and dream about building a cabin and sauna by a lake 30 km from the nearest human.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Robo Reagan posted:

skip the courts and just play a corrupt cop in disco elysium

when i played this the first time i shouted up the chimney and got no response and failed the roll and got a game over after the main character decided to quit being a cop lol

Anyway stardew valley owns op and was made entirely by 1 guy

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

I do wish there were good fishing games. Seems like something that should be fun and easy 2 make a game but no?????

Crack out the SNES and play some Super Black Bass.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I played far too much of the Harvest Moon games when I was a kid, HM64 probably consumed the most hours. You can get to the mountain top before rebuilding the bridge by climbing the tree by the cave. And you can get the music box out of the field over and over again. Make Rick repair it and you can gift it.

Legend of the River King was fun too, i agree theres no good fishing games

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

when i played this the first time i shouted up the chimney and got no response and failed the roll and got a game over after the main character decided to quit being a cop lol

Anyway stardew valley owns op and was made entirely by 1 guy

Mostly. Toward the end, he got at least one other person on board, and other companies handle the port, but it's still pretty much a "talk to the one guy" game.

I never got a chance to play the 64 one, but I remember I had a Gameboy Color Harvest Moon, and I asked for a construction upgrade, so the guy visited the next morning, but a typhoon was due to hit that day, and afterward it bugged the Church because the church bars the door for the typhoon but because the construction guy visited it was now permanently closed, and I was very upset that I managed to get excommunicated and quit playing.

The SNES Harvest Moon didn't force you to sleep at the end of the night, so I spent a whole weekend on the first night just clearing the land, running to the mountain sauna to recover stamina, then resuming, and it was a very satisfying save when the whole farm was cleared and tilled and ready for growing on the second day.

Oh, and I think Magical Melody had the bug where you could cook Ruby's Spice and end up with another one, but it's an item that doesn't deplete when cooking, and sells for 1k monies, so instead of farming I spent a whole day just duplicating the spice and made so much money I didn't need to farm and I bought all the upgrades. I didn't feel the least bit of guilt because it was one of the "time is always ticking" iterations--even while cooking and menu surfing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Typhoons suck! I hate typhoons! and my stupid animals that get mad at me and not the typhoon! I wanted to feed you!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town is the latest game from the makers of Harvest Moon (they lost the name in some business Thing and you can safely ignore the trash put out under that name) and it's pretty good minus somewhat limited English dialogue. However they patched that (and some other annoying stuff) so the game is probably worth playing now IMO

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Aardvark! posted:

STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town is the latest game from the makers of Harvest Moon (they lost the name in some business Thing and you can safely ignore the trash put out under that name) and it's pretty good minus somewhat limited English dialogue. However they patched that (and some other annoying stuff) so the game is probably worth playing now IMO

They didn’t. I played the game a month ago and every single time I talked to someone they just talked about whatever festival was coming up with the same language no matter who

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Harvest Moon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0Gk9CUmt0

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They didn’t. I played the game a month ago and every single time I talked to someone they just talked about whatever festival was coming up with the same language no matter who

:rip: that's a shame because the animals in that game are way cuter than Stardew

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aardvark! posted:

Is this playable for a non-anime-liking English speaking player? I bought the Stardew Valley digital game for my Switch (which I never use) but would be open to a Harvest Moon game if it was good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is this playable for a non-anime-liking English speaking player?

Open your heart.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Typhoons suck! I hate typhoons! and my stupid animals that get mad at me and not the typhoon! I wanted to feed you!

I mentioned earlier that Harvest Moon 64 is THE reason for my OCD. Well, remembering to check the weather each night obsessively before bed is THE reason.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is this playable for a non-anime-liking English speaking player?

Absolutely not. You will not get anything out of Harvest Moon that you won't get from Stardew Valley even better, unless you're just dying for all the characters to be even more 2-dimensional or want to start a family with a girl who looks like this, a literal child :

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

PinheadSlim posted:

Absolutely not. You will not get anything out of Harvest Moon that you won't get from Stardew Valley even better, unless you're just dying for all the characters to be even more 2-dimensional or want to start a family with a girl who looks like this, a literal child :

he literally quoted me talking about a specific modern game why are you going off about characters from some random ds harvest moon game? The new one is a fine change of pace if you've already played a bunch of Stardew or even if you just dislike Stardew's art style. I already mentioned it has bad dialogue so I agree w/ that but I think stfu otherwise

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Aardvark! posted:

he literally quoted me talking about a specific modern game why are you going off about characters from some random ds harvest moon game? The new one is a fine change of pace if you've already played a bunch of Stardew or even if you just dislike Stardew's art style. I already mentioned it has bad dialogue so I agree w/ that but I think stfu otherwise

Very sorry, here's a child bride simulacrum from the specific game you mentioned.

So sorry for mentioning the wrong one!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I am now sad.

Booty Scope
Oct 11, 2004
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Elukka posted:

You want UnReal World (no relation to the game engine), the iron age Finland survival simulation where you persistence-hunt moose and dream about building a cabin and sauna by a lake 30 km from the nearest human.

I fell off after cannibalism was removed.

Do miss blacking out and dying from children kicking me in the shin though.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

PinheadSlim posted:

Very sorry, here's a child bride simulacrum from the specific game you mentioned.

Mmmm yeah actually that's pretty bad. I married the Forest Ranger guy but uhh :yikes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Meme Poker Party posted:

Open your heart.

No. :colbert:

PinheadSlim posted:

I just skimmed through some reviews and that's pretty much what they were saying. I think I'll try Stardew Valley again. I hate that I always look up strategies and find the best way to do things as opposed to just playing and finding how how to do things myself. I'm a perfectionist and it blows.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 21, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I'm gonna post that my New Year's Resolution is to get you to enjoy an anime!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Aardvark! posted:

Mmmm yeah actually that's pretty bad. I married the Forest Ranger guy but uhh :yikes:

I also married Ralph. The seafood soup is just so easy to make!

I liked that game for about a month then got bored with it but it was pretty fun. I saw one farm tour someone did and it was super impressive, you can do some pretty cool customization and decoration.

The thing that got me was mining the stupid orichalcum ore that poo poo was taking forever and the greenhouse isn't even that worth it in this game with the seasonal growing places but dammit i don't want that eyesore on my farm anymore!! Maybe i will go back and try again. I think i had completed quite a bit of it. I also have a baby (Ralph jr) and i want him to grow up

Edit this is the farm tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPtxieurMw

That guy also has done a hm64 play through

Dixville fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 21, 2021

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
None of the pick up tactics i learned from this game worked on real women :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

runnypoops posted:

Either figuratively or literally, whipping out your eggplant won't do what you want it to.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

runnypoops posted:

Not even the dog?? That means you suck sorry to be the one to tell you :(

I'm really interested in this one game called Seirin Fate, i bought it on pc but i can't figure out the controls very well so maybe i will get it when it comes out on switch. It's basically stardew valley but you're also a witch.

Here's a fishing rpg that might be good i dunno this guy liked it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB9Mqca4kjU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

runnypoops posted:

found your problem. you didn't do this

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

Jose posted:

found your problem. you didn't do this

Youth is wasted on the young, that guy rules

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I remember a friend of mine Using a GameShark to get endless rare metals to give to Rick so he could get the teleporter. Then it was just some cutscenes. Harvest Moon 64 rules! Stop breaking the eggs, Karen.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
When I first tried Stardew Valley I was pretty skeptical that I'd like it. Around 90 minutes later I had my "ohhh I get it now" moment and never looked back. Enjoyed it way more when I just chilled and stopped worrying about people's daily schedules.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Stardew Valley is boring af, at least when I played Harvest Moon on SNES/N64/PS1 I was a child and the genre was novel now it's just so obviously based on tedious rear end busywork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

Look buddy things are different out on the farm