Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they should really make petsize a forced tutorial with how many people dont seem to know it exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Every summoner summon in my raid should include an uninterruptible cut scene that features a raid wide button clicker for bonus damage

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Hey FF devs I would like it if you would take a break now on the "the outside of the boss arena auto kills you" now. That's enough of that.

indirect buff to gnb for being the fastest at forcing a wipe

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Endorph posted:

they should really make petsize a forced tutorial with how many people dont seem to know it exists

I mean ideally the thing that hides other player effects should hide summoner summons as well but it doesn't.

edit: Also the pet size is set to small. I need an extra small or extra extra small option. Make them minion sized

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 22, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Man, that last fight is ROUGH.

Hey FF devs I would like it if you would take a break now on the "the outside of the boss arena auto kills you" now. That's enough of that.

Also Summoners get your FATASS TITAN OUT OF MY FACE :argh:

Better then the days of cliffs you couldn't be revived from.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/ThePhookas/status/1472961492425318400

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Zeruel posted:

Two LB3s?? Crikey how long did your attempts last?

I want to say the last pull was at least 12-13 minutes?

But yeah, we dropped to half, a healer LB3d to rez four people (three of whom immediately died because we died to the deathwall and rezzed in the deathwall), and then we managed to recover. Also, someone had time to go 'sorry guys I need to leave please kick me after this pull i need to bring someone to ht ER' and then, a couple of minutes later, go 'actually someone else is brining them to the ER never mind' and get rezzed.

It was kind of hilarious.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd give Panda part 1 a passing grade. Perfectly acceptable but at the same time not very compelling. Dorkula is no Titan car.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

I'd give Panda part 1 a passing grade. Perfectly acceptable but at the same time not very compelling. Dorkula is no Titan car.

I did enjoy the boss designs for 2 and 3 and desire one or both as a mount.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I mean ideally the thing that hides other player effects should hide summoner summons as well but it doesn't.

edit: Also the pet size is set to small. I need an extra small or extra extra small option. Make them minion sized

i mean they cant really do that because summons are actual entities not spell effects

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does anyone have a link to images of the raid gear set lol, I forgot I would have to roll on tokens

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I was reflecting on Endwalker, as one is want to do, and I caught myself thinking I really miss job quests.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hellioning posted:

I did enjoy the boss designs for 2 and 3 and desire one or both as a mount.
I do believe that the P3 boss was datamined as the savage mount.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Onean posted:

Aside from Elidibus's robes, It's from Emet-Selch, when Venat first shows up. I think Elidibus explains his white robes way back in ARR when he and the WoL first talk, though I can't double check right now.

White robes are for those who are proven impartial and trustworthy, or something like that. They didn't directly link to a seat, present of otherwise.

SirSamVimes posted:

That's not a mystery, it's basically stated. He has a white robe, refers to being part of the convocation and in the teaser he even had Elidibus' voice.

He's not part of the convocation. He said he works with an organization that works with the convocation. Teaser voice was still 100% our Elidibus though so he's either lying or will take the seat eventually.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I was reflecting on Endwalker, as one is want to do, and I caught myself thinking I really miss job quests.

Yeah. I understand why they kind of phased them out because you were stretching some of them a bit thin and it was nice to have plots actually resolve instead of another five expansions of "Okay, but we're REALLY going to cure Tonberries eventually" but it does make things feel a bit more empty.

If they do role quests I'd like to see them feel more geared towards the classes. Like give melee DPS a fighting tournament or something, give ranged DPS some sort of traveling carnival, give healers a plague to battle, etc, etc.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does anyone have a link to images of the raid gear set lol, I forgot I would have to roll on tokens

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Savage version will be dyeable most likely, right? I like some of those designs but pure white ain't doin it for me.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

The Savage version will be dyeable most likely, right? I like some of those designs but pure white ain't doin it for me.

That's how it tends to be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That's how it tends to be.

I figured but I couldn't remember and couldn't log on to check since *waves hands at queue*

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

P4 ruled
we’re just straight-up fighting Dracula now

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Augus posted:

P4 ruled

Not only that, but our ally uses chain whips.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I decided to look up our chain wielding pal, and his namesake is Erichthonius of Athens - a legendary king and son of Athena

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hogama posted:

I do believe that the P3 boss was datamined as the savage mount.

Between this and the armors I have an actual reason to do savage beyond 'progression is fun i guess'.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dangit, P4 doesn't drop Helm tokens? I had everything all planned out to gear my warrior up to raid level...

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Augus posted:

P4 ruled

And the minion is Nosferatu

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Meiteron posted:

Fandaniel breaks the pattern a bit but sticking himself into Zodiark may very well qualify for Step 1 and Zodiark blowing up is probably Step 2. Plus, the dude wanted to die and might have simply not tried to save himself like another Ascian would.

89 Dungeon spoilers
Fandaniel didn't kill himself when he went out with Zodiark. He shows back up in the 89 dungeon as Amon (He states "Even after all these years this has always been my favorite form" when you pull him) and at the end Asahi shows up and decides to drag him down specifically because despite wanting to bring the end times he was too much of a coward to take himself out. Also the whole bringing about the fall of the empire which Asahi really, really, really liked.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Fiye posted:

89 Dungeon spoilers
Fandaniel didn't kill himself when he went out with Zodiark. He shows back up in the 89 dungeon as Amon (He states "Even after all these years this has always been my favorite form" when you pull him) and at the end Asahi shows up and decides to drag him down specifically because despite wanting to bring the end times he was too much of a coward to take himself out. Also the whole bringing about the fall of the empire which Asahi really, really, really liked.

More spoilers for same. Pretty sure he died, it just wasn't the end of his soul. Since everyone else you encountered down there was dead, after all.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 22, 2021

derra
Dec 29, 2012
They didn't translate the stone area sky trial for the raid, SLOPPEH

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
I decided to blind run all of these via the Duty Finder. Was good. Blind runs with random folks continues to be enjoyable.

The highlight was that I duo'd the last 25% or so of the 2nd Boss with a fellow Warrior tank. We Holmganged /Taunted the Shared Tankbuster to allow each other recovery time from being reduced to 1hp, Shook it off and Nascent Flashed our way to the kill. It was genuinely some of the most fun I've had in this game.

I've settled on the opinion that Normal mode is mediocre overall and I'm not really excited about repeating most of the bosses, story is good though.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
holy poo poo if they add Hesperos' outfit to the Mogstation I'll slam buy on that so hard I'll melt my credit card

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The fourth fight was actually not that bad once I internalized what every attack did, though I missed the tell for whether he does a cone AoE or a KB when he jumps to the edge

Also the healers got to find out the hard way that Healer LB3 doesn't work when half the party is dead on the death wall :haw:

So that was two clears where most of the party was dead and the boss got finished off by 2-3 people with no healers up.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://mobile.twitter.com/GalahGriff/status/1473429862421602315
https://mobile.twitter.com/adeuce_a2/status/1466059046155264001
https://mobile.twitter.com/KOTF_owo/status/1424080325735587843

The FFXIV artistic community is a land of contrasts

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Thundarr posted:

though I missed the tell for whether he does a cone AoE or a KB when he jumps to the edge

Either his sword or his cape glows.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 22, 2021

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Why the hell is this some arcane chat command instead of an actual setting in the settings screen?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Ojetor posted:

Why the hell is this some arcane chat command instead of an actual setting in the settings screen?

i mean, it is for the arcanist

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Either his sword or his cap glows.

There's also either a sword or a cape on the marker itself.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

There's also either a sword or a cape on the marker itself.

I guess I didn't notice that. Savage probably won't offer that tell though!

Speaking of, I'll laugh if the savage P4 bonus phase is just this original-character-do-not-steal Dracula transforming into one of Castlevania Dracula's final forms with the serial numbers filed off.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I guess I didn't notice that. Savage probably won't offer that tell though!

Speaking of, I'll laugh if the savage P4 bonus phase is just this original-character-do-not-steal Dracula transforming into one of Castlevania Dracula's final forms with the serial numbers filed off.

give P4S an additional mechanic on the teleport sword/cape where he can also shoot three fireballs (or two big...lava orbs?) as line AOEs

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Fiye posted:

89 Dungeon spoilers

what? the whole reason he's in the 89 dungeon is because he's dead, the aetherial sea is where dead people go. that's why moenbryda and haurchefant and papalymo are down there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ojetor posted:

I imagine altering the actual options menu involves a deep dive into a bunch of messy-rear end legacy code. The chat command's not especially obvious to people that aren't told about it, but it's also much less likely to make something break.