Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Idgi. Your 6 month date will be Jan 2nd. You'll get an automatic text/email from the provincial system a day or two before to book, there are a lot of slots available all over the place. My 2nd shot date was Jun 15, I got a text Dec 12th. I could have gotten my shot right that day on the 15th but chose to wait a couple days as I had IRL plans I didn't want to disrupt from side-effects.

Clam u know this isn't true because I've been bitching about not having gotten mine for weeks now b/c my due date was Dec 3.

Seemingly, only priority groups and people who got the joke vaccine, AZ x2, have been getting contacted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1473406464379142145

- No more gym
- No more nightclub
- Continue to breathe in eachothers faces as long as you're holding a sandwich (can't catch covid that way)
- Rapid testing will be announced at a later date once enough influencers are contacted to film unboxing videos of all of the rapid tests
- No news from that rat bastard John Horgan about my motherfucking booster shot

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kalsco posted:

Clam u know this isn't true because I've been bitching about not having gotten mine for weeks now b/c my due date was Dec 3.

Seemingly, only priority groups and people who got the joke vaccine, AZ x2, have been getting contacted.

i can't hear u over the sound of my powerful booster a bloo bloo blooooo

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
booster appointments open for all alberta a 18+, if it’s been 5 months since the last one.

suck it, BC nerds.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/j_mcelroy/status/1473406464379142145

- No more gym
- No more nightclub
- Continue to breathe in eachothers faces as long as you're holding a sandwich (can't catch covid that way)
- Rapid testing will be announced at a later date once enough influencers are contacted to film unboxing videos of all of the rapid tests
- No news from that rat bastard John Horgan about my motherfucking booster shot

the restaurant/bar dichotomy is bizarre

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
seriously is there something i'm not getting with restaurants? do they have some kind of powerful lobby or a treasure trove of blackmail material they use to make sure they can't get shutdown again? it's the same story everywhere; closing a whole lot of poo poo but not restaurants

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

seriously is there something i'm not getting with restaurants? do they have some kind of powerful lobby or a treasure trove of blackmail material they use to make sure they can't get shutdown again? it's the same story everywhere; closing a whole lot of poo poo but not restaurants

Neoliberals will literally die on brunch hill

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

do they have some kind of powerful lobby

yes

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

If we close down applebees, thousands of people will literally starve to death.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
do we even have applebees here?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

depends on where here is. we used to have them in ontario but they pulled out years ago. there's a handful still operating near the border, one in ajax, and one in barrie.

every other chain sells the exact same frozen sysco foods though, so really, the world is your appie

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Around 5 years ago they sold them all to franchisees, and then jacked up the franchise fees a year later.

There's still one in Calgary.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Got my booster vaccine here in B.C. I'm hearing more and more people are getting the vaccine emails here.

Kalsco posted:

What is your age? If you're 50+ or have a compromised immune system I would contact your health authority by phone to find out what is going on. If you are under 50 then you are getting yours in January.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

If you mandate that restaurants have to close, you will get restaurant owners quite reasonably asking for things like rent relief or compensation for lost business. If you just "suggest" that people "consider" going out to eat "less" then you don't have to pay restaurants to close and you can blame individuals rather than government policy when cases spike.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

No idea, was just the first restaurant that popped into my head when thinking of "what would stupid people fight to the death over".

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Entropic posted:

If you mandate that restaurants have to close, you will get restaurant owners quite reasonably asking for things like rent relief or compensation for lost business. If you just "suggest" that people "consider" going out to eat "less" then you don't have to pay restaurants to close and you can blame individuals rather than government policy when cases spike.

And this path will take us straight to a future of only Applebee's Boston Pizza

For the people making these decisions though, the 100 a plate places will remain open.

Isentropy has issued a correction as of 01:45 on Dec 22, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fashionable Jorts posted:

No idea, was just the first restaurant that popped into my head when thinking of "what would stupid people fight to the death over".

I think Applebees is always the go-to for Covid restaurants because in the US they started running "the pandemic is over, welcome back to Applebees" ads in like May 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In Québec boosters are still only for the elderly and immunocompromised.

Legault is probably gonna cancel Christmas tomorrow.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

boston pizza perogy pizza actually owns though

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

vyelkin posted:

I think Applebees is always the go-to for Covid restaurants because in the US they started running "the pandemic is over, welcome back to Applebees" ads in like May 2020

It's impossible to find using google or youtube but there was a very specific videowhere someone's death from COVID was aired on CNN, followed immediately by a "Welcome Back to Applebee's" ad - it was on CNN

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

boston pizza perogy pizza actually owns though

All of the pizza I've had there has been quite good- but a bit overpriced.

I've definitely spent more money on worse pizza though.

MonsieurChoc posted:

In Québec boosters are still only for the elderly and immunocompromised.

Legault is probably gonna cancel Christmas tomorrow.

Alberta opened boosters for anyone over 18. Which was shocking.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Oh yeah, I worked on the 2016 census and went to heaps of them, and was able to walk inside houses and ask people personal questions.

Everyone between the age of 18-30 has either fled the town, or are unemployed. Everyone over the age of 30 is a hateful bigot who have actively and deliberately driven away anyone would would even think of investing in the area or opening a new business. Half of them have those stupid "worlds largest covered wagon/belt buckle/toothpick/whatever" as a tourist attraction, but then you get dirty looks from the locals for having the audacity to use their roads.

One of these towns also had the dude who went pink with rage as he screamed at me to get off of his property, and even approached my car as I backed away.

RAM had a great photo exhibition called "Abandoned Alberta" last time I was there.

Really fantastic exhibit and book - https://royalalbertamuseum.ca/plan-your-visit/whats/feature-gallery/abandoned-alberta

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/JyotiGondek/status/1473452770183110658?s=20

Wow, can't wait to see how this will be spun as the City's problem

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Entorwellian posted:

What is your age? If you're 50+ or have a compromised immune system I would contact your health authority by phone to find out what is going on. If you are under 50 then you are getting yours in January.

Late 20s, just got doses earlier cuz of work. I know the practical eta for my case is January, just saying "6 months" is not true because uhhhh hello.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Ontario's strategy increasingly seems like it's going to be 100% "we're going to make it impossible for you to keep people employed, but we didn't lock you down so don't need to do anything." Combined with making obtaining tests or boosters maximum hunger games.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Entropic posted:

It's this. turns out saving lives is expensive so we're not doing it.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Escape Goat posted:

Dr. Henry says we're "moving toward the light" and I must say I agree

trying to haha

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1473473383694282753?s=21

a trip down memory lane

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

lol like immediately after i posted bitching about not being able to get a booster in the forseeable future i got to book my booster

thank u alberta

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jason Kenney, show yourself coward

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Good ole' Manitoba is chugging along.

Two workers (healthcare) popped positive today. One decided to see someone who flew into town, the other got it at a party that has other positive cases.
Co-worker has two friends who are positive today because they were at the bar on the weekend.

Truly, Manitoba is joining the ranks of "COVID is over".

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
humanity has survived hundreds of years without air travel. the risks are too darn high.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

humanity has survived hundreds of years without air travel. the risks are too darn high.

Hmmm that seems fake.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Numbers in BC basically doubled yesterday, but also there were 6 hour lineups to get tested and boosters are going out slowly because they laid off most of the staff giving out vaccines. And there are no rapid tests available for people.

Anyway, Bonnie Henry wrote a book about what a great job she did.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Numbers in BC basically doubled yesterday, but also there were 6 hour lineups to get tested and boosters are going out slowly because they laid off most of the staff giving out vaccines. And there are no rapid tests available for people.

Anyway, Bonnie Henry wrote a book about what a great job she did.

she told us exponential growth is more likely with larger numbers so I think you'll find BC is still doing great

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

pokeyman posted:

she told us exponential growth is more likely with larger numbers

I think this broke my brain a bit

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Entropic posted:

As a person who works in a bar, I can tell you it's 100% this. With a curfew in place, it just means that we don't make any money but we also can't apply for EI or CRB.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

im literally dying for brunch

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cash crab posted:

As a person who works in a bar, I can tell you it's 100% this. With a curfew in place, it just means that we don't make any money but we also can't apply for EI or CRB.

Announced today.

quote:

Employees in regions where governments have introduced capacity restrictions of 50 per cent or more will now be eligible for the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit, if they've lost more than half their income.

It means more Canadians are now able to take advantage of the $300-per-week program.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-expands-pandemic-supports-again-1.6295217

Don't know if this helps you. I hope it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Will it be back dated to help the people who have been struggling for over a year now?

"The expanded eligibility is expected to cost $4 billion, the government said in a release. The new regulations will apply retroactively to Dec. 19 and last until Feb. 12, 2022."

Looool wow how generous, three whole months.