Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

Oh if I ever meet someone that admits to ordering cat litter in person, hands will be thrown.

I ordered a trampoline for my mom to give to my nephews and I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I got one for my kids last year and the delivery guy must've been mad cause he just left it in the driveway out of sight from the front door but on clear display from the street without ringing the doorbell

I guess a snatch and grab on a trampoline would be tough though

e: on a side note, it's one of those things the kids go crazy for for like two weeks then stop using it entirely :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

I ordered a trampoline for my mom to give to my nephews and I'm sorry

I need to get Skwirl’s address so I can ship him a variety of goods from Costco.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

I got one for my kids last year and the delivery guy must've been mad cause he just left it in the driveway out of sight from the front door but on clear display from the street without ringing the doorbell

e: on a side note, it's one of those things the kids go crazy for for like two weeks then stop using it entirely :v:

Then the tornado/hurricane gets it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I never played the Witcher games until 3 so after I played it for like 250 hours I decided to give 2 a look and welp there's no going back I guess

I did this exact same thing. Played 2 for maybe 10 minutes and never touched it again. I’ve played 3 in full 3 times though.

Watching the show makes me want to do another play through but I’m waiting for them to release the remaster

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grittybeard posted:

If you bounced off of Witcher 1 or 2 for that reason don't worry about it, those don't exist. Steam tells me I played them but I remember absolutely nothing.

Witcher 2 is a work of art. It's the best version of the fantasy political machinations thing Ive ever seen. The combat systems clunky as gently caress tho and absolutely punishing at times but god drat do I love that game.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My kid has had a cold for what seems like 10 days. Coughing and sneezing like crazy. We’ll today I finally caught it. Now I get to go get tested just be 100% sure it’s not COVID. Wil be my 5th test in like 4 weeks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Surely he has people who can tell him not to do this

https://twitter.com/dennisbhooper/status/1472277566555779076

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Witcher 2 is a work of art. It's the best version of the fantasy political machinations thing Ive ever seen. The combat systems clunky as gently caress tho and absolutely punishing at times but god drat do I love that game.

I never got past the initial swamp area or whatever it was, I was too used to the polish of 3

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tens units are a little bit fiddly to get to activate the muscles but you can also just go for a walk or whatever. imo i'd buy $150 worth of toothpaste if it came down to it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

Not the first person to drop a trampoline then bounce.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I played Witcher 1 and it was fine but yes the swamp section sucks and drags too long. I can see how if you started with Witcher III you wouldn't be able to get into it though.

Never got into 2 because A: I wasn't a fan of the combat and B: I got a ways in and then my laptop crashed and wiped out all my progress.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

saintonan posted:

If you can see through it, it's not gravy, it's gruel.
Well then it's au jus which means I should be fancy and lift my pinky finger as I put my left leg down, my right leg up, tilt my head back and finish the cup bowl.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I played about an hour of Witcher 3 at my brother's house once and it was fun. That said if I ever picked it up I'm sure I'd feel weird about not having played 1 and 2, even if 3 has some sort of plot onboarding. And no one really recommends anyone play 1 or 2 these days.

Intruder posted:

I never got past the initial swamp area or whatever it was, I was too used to the polish of 3

He looks like an evil Brian David Gilbert here.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

My nieces have a trampoline and they play on it when we visit.

I think the utilization of a trampoline is based on the amount of time an adult is there to keep the peace.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

he knows that he'll always look less cool than HOOK so he decided to lean in to it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Intruder posted:

totally fair, its way less smooth than 3. they do this amazing thing in 2 where the second act has two separate paths and whatever you choose you won't see the other one. 1/3 of the game is completely divergent depending on your choice in the first act. its wild.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Had been playing allergies or Covid for the past week. Was able to schedule a pcr and get results all in the same day, for free. Thankfully negative and my wife was able to snag some rapids for testing before seeing family over the coming weekend.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
So if Moderna 2 gave me the shivers bordering on epilepsy, and tomorrow's the booster, what should I pick? Moderna, Pfizer, dealer's choice?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

God that would have been loving amazing

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

So if Moderna 2 gave me the shivers bordering on epilepsy, and tomorrow's the booster, what should I pick? Moderna, Pfizer, dealer's choice?

I think most evidence at this point shows Moderna boosters slightly more effective vs omicron?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Important news:

https://twitter.com/Johnny_suputama/status/1472935362330861569

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

GD_American posted:

I got Moderna 3 yesterday, and so far it's been less than Moderna 2, possibly because the dosage is half what Moderna 2 was.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

I played about an hour of Witcher 3 at my brother's house once and it was fun. That said if I ever picked it up I'm sure I'd feel weird about not having played 1 and 2, even if 3 has some sort of plot onboarding. And no one really recommends anyone play 1 or 2 these days.

You absolutely don't have to play 1 or 2, like you really don't. They're slogs, kinda gross in a lot of ways, and pretty dated by now. 3 stands up on its own and is one of my favorite games ever personally.

Like the only thing that would make you feel bad is the thing toward the beginning where they ask if you want to simulate an imported Witcher 2 save, and you'll be just fine saying no since you don't know or care about that poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also triple pfizered as of an hour ago, time to roll the dice. First shot nothing, second hell for a while but it was over in a few hours.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rolling the dice to turn a 4 day weekend into a 5? :grin:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

My kid has had a cold for what seems like 10 days. Coughing and sneezing like crazy. We’ll today I finally caught it. Now I get to go get tested just be 100% sure it’s not COVID. Wil be my 5th test in like 4 weeks.

I just got over a nasty cold/sinus infection that had me miserable for a solid two weeks, and a few days still pretty bleh after that. Wasn’t COVID according to two tests though, but that’s not stopping one of my friends who got a close contact notification today from telling everyone he thinks it’s from me :wtf:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

1. i have zero power, so my being accelerationist is the same value as my being a hardcore democrat, absolutely loving nothing. ]

2. *looks at the state of reproductive rights under a dem controlled legislature and president* yep, truly the status quo will stop all those horrible things you listed from happening

look, i get its comforting to believe the ship will right itself somehow and suddenly all the truly horrifying things that are building will be solved but im not that sort of optimist so you'll forgive me for looking for any other solution

was referring to a full collapse. they're just status quo. the current system guarantees they'll be back in power within 1-2 cycles. im saying perhaps it'd be better if the system was broken

please point me to these incremental improvements bc as far as i can tell things, on the whole, have just steadily been degrading my whole life. also idk, the storming of the capitol building seemed like things are moving faster than they were

Haven't wanted to comment on anything in chat in a long time bc I'm usually exhausted before I read get to read much but drat

I don't think anything ever upset me more in my lifetime than seeing some redneck parade the battle flag of Virginia through the halls of the Capital. You and I have very, very different brains

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

I don't think anything ever upset me more in my lifetime than seeing some redneck parade the battle flag of Virginia through the halls of the Capital. You and I have very, very different brains

I guess he can still be a redneck but it was a Canadian dude wasn't it? Which is even more :psyduck:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I guess he can still be a redneck but it was a Canadian dude wasn't it? Which is even more :psyduck:

Not really.

Steve king was from Iowa and kept a confederate flag on his desk.

Confederate flag means a ton of different things to different people, none of them good.

There are confederate flags on parade at anti vax protests in Australia.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Brother's asking for "must-have" kitchen stuff for his new place, should I get him a stick/immersion blender or an air fryer? Found a good one of each for pretty much the same price, and trying to think which one I use more often...

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 22, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Brother's asking for "must-have" kitchen stuff for his new place, should I get him a stick blender or an air fryer? Found a good one of each for pretty much the same price, and trying to think which one I use more often...

Air fryer. More versatile and easier to use.

Get him some Costco Dino-nugs to go along with it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
By stick blender do you mean an immersion blender? I’d get way more use out of that but it’s nowhere near as specialized as an air fryer

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

didnt see this posted

insanity

https://twitter.com/lthomasnews/status/1471833796500725768?s=20

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mods please change my username to Heaviest Snatch Caught on Film tia

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I just gotta get through Thrusday and then I'm done with work until the 3rd.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

FizFashizzle posted:

Air fryer. More versatile and easier to use.

Get him some Costco Dino-nugs to go along with it.

Our Costco does not have dino nuggs and this is a huge inconvenience to me.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
We got two air fryers as housewarming gifts and kept them both because air fryers are so goddamn convenient. There are weeknights where dinner is five minutes of prep, 15-20 minutes of dueling air fryers, and some quick steamed veggies. Twenty-five minutes, start to finish, for something that'd normally take longer and be a little less healthy. They take up a lot of space, but they're nifty.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Full size blender or bust imo.

Air fryer would be pretty cool.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Grittybeard posted:

That dude is from Delaware. I know bc it pissed me off knowing how many people died to keep that flag out of that building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I love an immersion blender for certain kinds of soup but yeah I grabbed him the same air fryer that we have. They are drat convenient.