Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Two weeks ago on Family Guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p_46L5SAT7I

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The_Doctor posted:

Season numbering is… complicated, depending on who numbers what season and how.

That's intentional to teach those grey site users a lesson

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Edward Mass posted:

I thought season 19 starts in January?

We're going to start getting new episodes January, whether those episodes are a part of season 19 or not will depend on which streaming service you view them on which will each probably be different from the season Wikipedia says it is.

If you're thinking "that makes no sense" you're right.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

half the jokes on family guy now are seth macfarlane complaining about how overworked he is.

the other half is tonally dissonant jumping back and forth between tasteless jokes about race, gender, identity etc and progressive ones

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

half the jokes on family guy now are seth macfarlane complaining about how overworked he is.

the other half is tonally dissonant jumping back and forth between tasteless jokes about race, gender, identity etc and progressive ones

Which is silly considering all he does on either show these days is voice act

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

Which is silly considering all he does on either show these days is voice act

Hey, voice actibg is important and Seth MacFarlane does a hell of a lot of it and he does it well :colbert:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've always wanted to do voice acting but I doubt it's easy to break into

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

He voice acts 3 major, a half dozen minor characters on Family Guy and 2 major on American dad and both pump out ~20 episodes a year.

That, on top of the other production work he does with his company.

Dude hustles.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brawnfire posted:

Same :/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oof, s2 episode "Irregarding Steve" has a newspaper headline joke they might want to remove. "Trans fats banned in NYC - Fat trannies still okay"

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Brawnfire posted:

The hard part is honestly having the stomach for advertising, because that's where a lot of the job-focus comes from unless you're already involved in a production somehow and have an in.
I resent advertising to such a degree that I self-selected out of it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Definitely a lot of what I've bounced off of. I did a little acting poo poo when I was younger/less jaded and everything was an ad gig in my area. So I was in a couple lovely local filmmakers' movies, then I lost interest.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brawnfire posted:

Mostly the key to voice acting is the key to regular acting, you just audition and audition and audition and hope you get lucky: https://www.gravyforthebrain.com/anime-voice-over-jobs/

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As a (semi-)professional voice actor, I'm still waiting on my agent to get me an audition for VO work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The main thing I've heard about voice acting is that it isn't exactly a lucrative business.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s a course in London that teaches VO and you get a demo reel at the end. Tempted to sign up for that if they do a sale soon.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

muscles like this! posted:

The main thing I've heard about voice acting is that it isn't exactly a lucrative business.

Oh, it's not. Then again, I'm not in it for the money - I'm an artist, I should know better than to get into art thinking I'll be rich.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

There’s a course in London that teaches VO and you get a demo reel at the end. Tempted to sign up for that if they do a sale soon.

I say go for it! Someone's got to do all the voice over jobs in the UK that Matt Berry is too busy to get to.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I say go for it! Someone's got to do all the voice over jobs in the UK that Matt Berry is too busy to get to.

Amusingly I do a great Matt Berry. Yes!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Two Matt Berrys?! How do I know which one to shoot!?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Two Matt Berrys?! How do I know which one to shoot!?

Time for good ole Machine Gun Grab Bag.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

The_Doctor, this is Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bull3964 posted:

He voice acts 3 major, a half dozen minor characters on Family Guy and 2 major on American dad and both pump out ~20 episodes a year.

That, on top of the other production work he does with his company.

Dude hustles.

He's also talked about how he was looking to voice Stan in the beginning, because he finds doing the Stan voice to be very draining on him.

I also remember an interview with a British actor who had been cast to voice a character in a radio play, and he thought "This'll be a piece a cake compared to TV/Film. Just read some lines, and that's it." He then said it was probably some of the most exhausting work he'd ever done and by the end of the recording he was drenched in sweat.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 17, 2021

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i can do a droopy dog voice can i get some money please

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

The_Doctor, this is Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
lmao, beat me to it.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7027812028374846725

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Maybe it's just because I'm high, but I realized that every member of the Smith family has at some point had implied homosexual tendencies if not straight up experiences, making them all at least bi.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

They all just seem pretty, er... open to experiences.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

That is probably the better way to put it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I love Stanforateus "What the everloving gently caress is happening?" face in that scene

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"What makes you think this will... make me... go away you know you're right, I'm out"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Neeksy posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm high, but I realized that every member of the Smith family has at some point had implied homosexual tendencies if not straight up experiences, making them all at least bi.

So do all of Steve's friends, Lewis, and Bullock.

Also, I think Roger is gay enough that his tendencies (rare as they are) are straight.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, Roger isn't even the same species and has nothing that humans would identify as genitalia, so I think he defies gendering.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Roger's fast enough to be all genders at once, separately and in recombinations

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Roger went to schaffhousen

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I think the way Roger has been described on the show is sexually ambiguous. That's a good description I think.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Emphasis on the sexually

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"As for me, super gay also."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“We take turns being the woman.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

“We take turns being the woman.”

"No we don't."